Uterine Fibroids Appointment Guide
Ask the right questions at your next doctor's appointment. Answer two questions below to personalize your appointment guide.
- Please describe the symptoms and issues you’re having that led you to schedule this online appointment. Start at the beginning of this current episode and tell me how and when things have changed and progressed.
- How often are you having symptoms? How severe are they?
- How long are your menstrual cycles? How heavy are they?
- Do you have any symptoms of anemia, such as fatigue or weakness?
- How much are your symptoms affecting your social, physical, work or sexual activities?
- Have you ever tried to become pregnant? If so, did you have problems?
- Do you plan to become pregnant in the future? Or is your family complete?
- Describe your symptoms. Are you having heavy or long periods, pelvic discomfort, difficulty urinating, frequent urination, or changes in bowel habits?
- When did you first notice your symptoms? How long have you had them?
- How severe are your symptoms on a scale of 1 to 10?
- Have you noticed a connection between your menstrual cycle and your symptoms?
- What makes your symptoms better or worse?
- Do you have a family history of uterine fibroids?
- How many uterine fibroids do I have? How large are they and are they growing?
- Where are my uterine fibroids located? Are any of them outside my uterus?
- What treatment plan do you recommend for me? And why?
- When do you recommend surgery for uterine fibroids?
- Can uterine fibroids interfere with my ability to become pregnant? Do they increase the risk of pregnancy complications?
- How does having uterine fibroids affect my risk of uterine or other reproductive cancers?
- What is the most likely cause of my symptoms?
- Could another medical condition be causing or contributing to my symptoms?
- How do you diagnose uterine fibroids? What tests do I need?
- Do all uterine fibroids require treatment?
- What treatments are available for uterine fibroids?
- What can help prevent uterine fibroids?