Sleep Apnea Appointment Guide
Ask the right questions at your next doctor’s appointment. Answer two questions below to personalize your appointment guide.
- Are you routinely sleeping with a CPAP machine?
- How are you doing with your CPAP? Do you have a mask that allows you to sleep well?
- Are you waking up with shortness of breath, gasping for air or choking?
- Has your partner noticed pauses in your breathing while you sleep?
- When was your last sleep study?
- Do you ever snore loudly enough to disturb the sleep of yourself, your partner or others?
- Do you ever wake up short of breath, gasping for air or choking?
- Has your partner ever noticed pauses in your breathing while you sleep?
- Do you experience excessive daytime drowsiness or fatigue, such as falling asleep while working, watching TV or even driving?
- Do you have high blood pressure?
- Have you changed medications recently for any other health conditions?
- What new symptoms are you experiencing that you think may be related to sleep apnea?
- How are your sleep symptoms impacting your quality of life? A lot, somewhat or not much at all?
- What causes sleep apnea?
- What tests will I need to determine if I have sleep apnea?
- Is sleep apnea dangerous?
- What can be done to treat sleep apnea?
- Will I need to sleep with a CPAP machine and mask?
- What type of sleep apnea do I have?
- Would you categorize my sleep apnea as mild, moderate or severe?
- How often should you monitor my sleep apnea for changes?
- How often will I need to have sleep studies?
- Can I choose my own CPAP machine, mask or humidifier?
- How often should I change my CPAP equipment?
- Could any of my medications for other health issues be impacting my sleep apnea symptoms?
- Do my new or different symptoms indicate that my sleep apnea is getting worse?
- What is the best treatment plan for my sleep apnea symptoms?