Annual Physical Appointment Guide
Ask the right questions at your next doctor’s appointment.
- Have there been any big changes since your last physical?
- Are you experiencing any concerning symptoms?
- What medicines or supplements do you take? Do you have any concerns or questions about your prescription medications?
- What is your diet like? Does eating healthy seem hard or unrealistic?
- How many days per week do you exercise or get physical activity? What kinds of activity and for how long?
- Do you smoke, vape or use tobacco or nicotine products? How often?
- How many alcoholic drinks do you have in an average week? Have you ever felt you should cut back?
- Over the past two weeks, have you felt down, depressed, hopeless, or lost interest or pleasure in doing things?
- Are you sexually active? If so, do you have more than one partner? What birth control do you use?
- Do I have risk factors for chronic diseases, like high blood pressure or heart disease?
- What screening tests do I need?
- What is my BMI (body mass index)?
- Are there any vaccinations I need?
- Do I still need all the medicines and supplements I am taking?
- What changes do I need to make to my diet?
- What kinds of exercise or physical activities are safe for me? How often should I be exercising?
- Where can I find help stopping smoking or curbing my alcohol use?
- Where can I find help for a mental health issue?
- When do I need to see you again?