Root Canal Appointment Guide
Ask the right questions at your next doctor’s appointment. Answer two questions below to personalize your appointment guide.
- Are you still feeling any pain, pressure or sensitivity in the tooth?
- Are you satisfied with the way your tooth looks with your new crown?
- Are you having any problems biting or chewing?
- Are you having any problems brushing and flossing around the tooth?
- Describe your symptoms. Are you having tooth pain, gum swelling, sensitivity to temperature, or swelling or pain in your jaw or face?
- Are your symptoms constant or do they come and go?
- Do you have tooth pain when you change positions quickly or with running?
- Does anything make your symptoms better or worse?
- Have you had any recent dental work or trauma to a tooth?
- When was your last dental X-ray?
- What is your main concern about a root canal?
- What new symptoms are you experiencing?
- What is a root canal?
- Do my symptoms mean I need to have a root canal?
- Is it possible the tooth will recover without a root canal?
- What caused my tooth to die?
- What other options do I have, such as a tooth extraction followed by a dental implant or bridge?
- What are the benefits of a root canal over my other options?
- Was the procedure successful?
- How long should I expect to have pain or soreness after the procedure?
- Do I need a permanent crown? If so, how long will it take to get it?
- What precautions do I need to take with my tooth?
- When do I need to return to see you?
- Are my new symptoms related to my root canal?
- Is a root canal the best way to proceed or should I consider extracting the tooth?