Lymphoma Appointment Guide
Ask the right questions at your next doctor’s appointment. Answer two questions below to personalize your appointment guide.
- Please describe the symptoms and issues you’re having that led you to schedule this online appointment. Start at the beginning of this current episode and tell me how and when things have changed and progressed.
- Are you having any pain, vision problems, abdominal discomfort, weight change, or other symptoms?
- How would you rate your ability to carry out daily activities?
- When was your last set of lab tests?
- What kind of emotional and social support do you have to help you cope with lymphoma?
- Would you be willing to consider a clinical trial?
- Are you experiencing fatigue, weakness, unintended weight loss, night sweats, swollen lymph nodes, fevers, or easy bruising or bleeding?
- How long have you had these symptoms?
- Are your symptoms constant or do they come and go?
- Do you have a family history of any type of cancer, including lymphoma, Mantle Cell lymphoma, or Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia?
- Have you had hepatitis C, Epstein-Barr (mononucleosis), or H. pylori infections?
- Have you, or anyone in your family, ever been diagnosed with any type immune system problem?
- What kind of lymphoma do I have? Hodgkins or non-Hodgkins? Is this a common one?
- Does my type of lymphoma have stages or other subtypes that relate to prognosis?
- How aggressive is my type of lymphoma?
- What is the best treatment plan for my type of lymphoma, including possible clinical trials?
- What is my prognosis?
- What are the possible side effects of the treatment you are recommending? Are any of them long-term or permanent?
- How will we know if the treatment plan is working or if we need to try something different?
- Do my symptoms mean I have lymphoma?
- Could another medical condition be causing or contributing to my symptoms?
- How do you diagnose lymphoma? What tests do I need?
- Are there different types of lymphoma?
- What is the difference between Hodgkins and non-Hodgkins types of lymphoma?
- How do you treat lymphoma? Do you treat all types the same way?