Whooping Cough Appointment Guide
Ask the right questions at your next doctor’s appointment. Answer two questions below to personalize your appointment guide.
- How are the cough symptoms now? Since the cough began is it better, worse or about the same?
- Does the cough ever cause gagging or vomiting?
- Has the cough ever resulted in a red or blue face?
- Are your TDAP booster vaccines up to date? Has everyone you're exposed to had the TDAP booster vaccine, including grandparents, siblings and other relatives?
- Does anyone else in the home have symptoms of whooping cough?
- When did the cough start? Has the cough gotten worse since it began?
- Have you been exposed to anyone with whooping cough?
- What medications have you taken, if any, for whooping cough symptoms?
- What new symptoms are you experiencing?
- What have you done thus far to treat whooping cough?
- What causes whooping cough?
- How long is whooping cough contagious?
- How long will the cough last?
- Who needs to be vaccinated to protect against whooping cough?
- Will I have any reactions to the TDAP booster vaccine?
- What can be done to soothe the symptoms of whooping cough?
- How can I prevent the spread of whooping cough?
- Are there any medications I should avoid while having whooping cough?
- Are my new or different symptoms an indication that my whooping cough is getting worse?
- What is the best treatment plan for my whooping cough symptoms?