Whooping Cough Appointment Guide
Ask the right questions at your next doctor’s appointment. Answer two questions below to personalize your appointment guide.
- Please describe the symptoms and issues you’re having that led you to schedule this online appointment. Start at the beginning of this current episode and tell me how and when things have changed and progressed.
- How are the cough symptoms now? Since the cough began is it better, worse or about the same?
- Does the cough ever cause gagging or vomiting?
- Has the cough ever resulted in a red or blue face?
- Are your TDAP booster vaccines up to date? Has everyone you're exposed to had the TDAP booster vaccine, including grandparents, siblings and other relatives?
- Does anyone else in the home have symptoms of whooping cough?
- When did the cough start? Has the cough gotten worse since it began?
- Have you been exposed to anyone with whooping cough?
- What medications have you taken, if any, for whooping cough symptoms?
- What new symptoms are you experiencing?
- What have you done thus far to treat whooping cough?
- What causes whooping cough?
- How long is whooping cough contagious?
- How long will the cough last?
- Who needs to be vaccinated to protect against whooping cough?
- Will I have any reactions to the TDAP booster vaccine?
- What can be done to soothe the symptoms of whooping cough?
- How can I prevent the spread of whooping cough?
- Are there any medications I should avoid while having whooping cough?
- Are my new or different symptoms an indication that my whooping cough is getting worse?
- What is the best treatment plan for my whooping cough symptoms?