High Blood Pressure Appointment Guide
Ask the right questions at your next doctor’s appointment. Answer two questions below to personalize your appointment guide.
- How often do you forget or miss a dose of your high blood pressure medicine?
- What changes have you made to your diet?
- How often are you exercising?
- Have you experienced chest pain or difficulty breathing?
- Are you having any memory problems or difficulty with thinking?
- When was your last comprehensive eye exam?
- Does anyone in your family have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, death due to heart disease, kidney failure, or stroke?
- Describe your diet. How much salt or sodium do you consume?
- How often do you exercise?
- Do you smoke or drink alcohol? How much?
- What other medical conditions do you have, such as diabetes or sleep apnea?
- When was your last blood pressure check?
- What side effects are you noticing with your high blood pressure medicine?
- What treatments have you tried so far to lower your blood pressure?
- How do you diagnose high blood pressure?
- What is my target blood pressure level?
- Do I have risk factors for high blood pressure?
- Beyond medications, how do you treat high blood pressure?
- What are the possible complications of uncontrolled high blood pressure?
- Do I need to take medicines to control my blood pressure?
- What is the best high blood pressure medication for me? What are the side effects?
- What changes do I need to make to my diet?
- How much exercise should I be getting? What kinds of physical activity is best for me?
- Should I monitor my blood pressure at home? How often?
- Do I have other risk factors for heart disease or stroke?
- Could another medicine control my blood pressure better or with fewer side effects?
- What is the best treatment for my high blood pressure?