Heart Attack Recovery Appointment Guide
Ask the right questions at your next doctor’s appointment. Answer two questions below to personalize your appointment guide.
- How are you feeling after your heart attack? Are you experiencing any chest pain?
- If you have chest pain, does it improve with rest or get worse with strenuous activity?
- How is your stress level? Are you feeling depressed or anxious?
- Have you started a cardiac rehab program? If not, do you need a referral?
- Do you have high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol? Are those conditions under control?
- Are you taking your medications as prescribed?
- What kind of support do you have to help you in your heart attack recovery?
- Have you started making healthy lifestyle changes, such as eating better, exercising more or quitting smoking?
- What kind of heart attack did I have? How did it damage my heart?
- What treatments will I need after my heart attack? Will I need new or different medications or any follow-up procedures?
- How long do I need to rest after my heart attack? When can I go back to work?
- Am I at risk for having another heart attack?
- How often will I need to be monitored for heart disease?
- What lifestyle changes will I need to make? Diet changes? Exercise? Quitting smoking?
- How long will I need to do cardiac rehab?
- When can I resume sex?
- What should I do if I experience chest pain?