9 Natural Ways to Erase Laugh Lines
- Smile: You Can Get Rid of Those Wrinkles NaturallyA life full of joy and laughter should make you proud. But you may not want to reveal the number of years you’ve been having such a good time. If you want to erase those laugh and smile lines around your mouth and eyes, you don’t need to resort to invasive methods. There are plenty of natural remedies and most can be found in your pantry or at your neighborhood grocery.
- 1. OilsYou need to loosen up to enjoy a good laugh, so it seems fitting that a little grease will do the trick to hide your smile lines. Applying nearly any type of oil to your skin helps moisturize it and keep you looking young. Some of the most popular oils are coconut, grape seed and olive. Simply put a bit on your fingertips and massage it around your mouth and laugh lines. You’ll get even better results if you leave it on overnight.
- 2. Nighttime MoisturizersIf you prefer using a creamy treatment to whisk away your wrinkles, a nighttime moisturizer will have the biggest impact on erasing smile lines. Overnight moisturizers are typically a little heavier and you have eight hours to let them work their magic. Look for anti-aging moisturizers that have natural ingredients like collagen, antioxidants, nut oils and vitamin E.
- 3. JuicesEating fruit is great for your health, but applying it to your skin helps exfoliate and tighten. Erase your laugh lines during breakfast by dabbing lemon or pineapple juice on your wrinkles. The acid helps tighten loose skin and the antioxidants fight free radicals. Drinking carrot juice is also recommended for keeping your skin looking vibrant, youthful and wrinkle-free.
- 4. SpicesAdd some spice to your anti-aging routine with a mask made of cinnamon or turmeric. Mix 1 tablespoon of the powdered spice with 3 tablespoons of honey and apply it to your face. Leave it on for 20 minutes or even overnight, then wash it off with warm water. Using masks like these can help reduce laugh lines around the mouth and eyes.
- 5. Facial ExercisesExercising your face strengthens muscles that prevent sagging and wrinkles. Here’s one simple exercise: put your fingertips firmly over your laugh lines, then smile as wide as you can while keeping your lips apart. Hold this position for 5-10 seconds, rest and repeat. Aim for 30 reps a day. Try it for a month and see it what you think.
- 6. WaterYou’ve heard it a thousand times: drink more water. Face it, water is great for your skin and staying hydrated keeps your skin cells looking plump and youthful. So down a glass or two between moisturizing, masks and facial exercises. It’ll help your smile lines lighten up!
- 7. Egg WhitesWhich came first, the laugh or the laugh lines? Either way, egg whites are the secret ingredient for tightening skin and reducing wrinkles. Most home remedies suggest applying egg whites directly to the skin around your mouth and eyes, then letting it dry for 30 minutes. Wash it off with warm water and watch your smile lines fade away.
- 8. Aloe Vera SupplementsDid you know aloe vera does more than just heal the surface of your skin? A 2008 study in Korea found that taking dietary aloe vera gel supplements made a significant improvement on wrinkles and facial elasticity. For 90 days, study participants drank a concentrated aloe vera gel powder dissolved in distilled water. The results showed a noticeable increase in their collagen levels and reduced facial lines. If you want to try this technique, check your favorite natural foods store for supplements.
- 9. Facial PatchesFacial patches can be used for all types of wrinkles, like laugh lines around the eyes and mouth. You simply apply the patch to your face and leave it on overnight to retrain and flatten your skin cells. There are many different brands out there, so try a few and see which you like the best.
9 Natural Ways to Erase Laugh Lines