Cold and Flu Appointment Guide
Ask the right questions at your next doctor’s appointment. Answer two questions below to personalize your appointment guide.
- What other medical conditions do you have?
- What medications, including prescriptions, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and supplements do you take?
- Do you have any allergies?
- Is anyone else in your household sick?
- Do you live with anyone who is under the age of two, older than 65, pregnant, or has cancer or another disease that affects the immune system?
- Describe your symptoms. Do you have a fever, chills, fatigue, sore throat, sneezing or a persistent cough?
- How severe are your symptoms?
- When did your symptoms start?
- Have your symptoms been constant or did they improve and then return and get worse?
- What makes your symptoms better or worse?
- Have you had a flu shot?
- What side effects are you experiencing with your medication?
- What new symptoms are you experiencing?
- Do my symptoms mean I have a cold or flu?
- How do you diagnose cold and flu?
- How do you know whether it is a cold or the flu?
- What treatments are available for cold and flu?
- What should I do if my symptoms get worse?
- What treatments do you recommend for cold and flu?
- Are there home remedies that would help me feel better?
- Could another medical condition be causing or contributing to my symptoms?
- What supplements can help treat cold and flu?
- Do any of these treatments interfere with my regular medicines or medical conditions?
- How can I protect others from catching my cold or flu?
- When is it safe to return to work or school?
- Could another medicine relieve my symptoms better with fewer side effects?
- Are my new or different symptoms related to cold or flu?