Celiac Disease Appointment Guide
Ask the right questions at your next doctor’s appointment. Answer two questions below to personalize your appointment guide.
- How often have you had symptoms in the last month?
- When was your last celiac serology test?
- When was your last bone densitometry test?
- Are you struggling with your diet?
- Are you currently working with a dietitian?
- Have you had a flu shot this year?
- Describe your symptoms. Do you have diarrhea, fatigue, or unintended weight loss? Abdominal pain, cramping, bloating, or excessive gas?
- Do you have symptoms outside your digestive tract, such as skin problems, joint pain, or headaches?
- How long have you had these symptoms?
- Are your symptoms constant or do they come and go?
- What foods or other triggers seem to make your symptoms worse?
- Do you have a family history of celiac disease or any other autoimmune disease?
- What tests and treatments have you had so far?
- What new symptoms are you experiencing?
- Do my symptoms mean I have celiac disease?
- Could another condition be causing or contributing to my symptoms?
- How do you diagnose celiac disease?
- What treatments are available for celiac disease?
- How is diet related to celiac disease?
- What causes celiac disease?
- How severe is my case of celiac disease?
- Do you ever use medication to treat celiac disease?
- What are the potential complications of celiac disease? What tests do I need?
- What specific dietary restrictions do I need to follow? What will happen if I have gluten?
- Should I work with a dietitian?
- Are my new or different symptoms related to my celiac disease?
- Do you believe my symptoms are due to celiac disease or another problem, such as inflammatory bowel disease? Why do you think this?