C-Section Appointment Guide
Ask the right questions at your next doctor’s appointment. Answer two questions below to personalize your appointment guide.
- Are you currently having any pain?
- Have you had any problems with your incision, such as redness or tenderness?
- Are you breastfeeding or bottle feeding your baby?
- How much sleep are you getting on a daily basis?
- Are you struggling with your emotions, feeling down, or lacking interest in caring for yourself or your baby?
- What kind of birth control do you want to use when you resume sex?
- How many times have you been pregnant? Any delivery problems in the past?
- How many children do you have?
- Have you had a C-section in the past? How many?
- If it's determined to be safe, do you want to try labor and a vaginal delivery first?
- What medical conditions and allergies do you have?
- Why are you considering a C-section?
- Why are you recommending a C-section delivery?
- What are the risks for me and my baby with a vaginal vs a C-section delivery?
- Are there benefits to waiting for labor to begin naturally?
- What kind of anesthesia will I have?
- What kind of incision will I have?
- Who can be in the operating room with me during the C-section?
- What restrictions should I follow after a C-section? For how long?
- How does a C-section affect my maternity leave and when I can expect to return to work?
- How can I best care for my incision and minimize my scar's appearance?
- How long should I wait to resume sexual activity?
- How long should I wait to become pregnant again?
- Will I be able to deliver vaginally with future pregnancies?