Anemia Appointment Guide
Ask the right questions at your next doctor’s appointment. Answer two questions below to personalize your appointment guide.
- Please describe the symptoms and issues you’re having that led you to schedule this online appointment. Start at the beginning of this current episode and tell me how and when things have changed and progressed.
- For how long have you had iron-deficiency anemia?
- Do you experience any of the following symptoms: fatigue, weakness, shortness of breath, dizziness, paleness, or feeling cold, especially in the hands and feet?
- Are your symptoms constant, or do they come and go?
- What treatments have you been taking for your anemia?
- Have you been taking your medications as prescribed?
- What other health conditions do you have? Do you have any history of ulcers or other gastrointestinal disorders?
- Have you recently donated blood?
- Are you a vegetarian? How many servings of fruits and vegetables do you typically eat in a day?
- If female, do you have heavy menstrual periods? Have you stopped having regular periods?
- What medications are you taking for other health conditions?
- What new symptoms are you experiencing?
- Has the root cause of your symptoms been identified?
- What are the early symptoms of iron-deficiency anemia?
- How is anemia diagnosed?
- Will I need to see a specialist for anemia?
- How might I need to adjust my diet to incorporate more iron?
- What else can I do to manage my symptoms?
- What is causing my iron-deficiency anemia?
- Is my anemia temporary or chronic?
- Will I need to take iron supplements? If yes, for how long?
- What other treatments might I need for iron-deficiency anemia?
- Will I need more blood tests to monitor my anemia? If yes, how often?
- What happens if I experience side effects from my iron-deficiency anemia medications?
- Are my new symptoms a result of my iron-deficiency anemia?
- What else can be done to resolve my iron-deficiency anemia?