Anemia Appointment Guide
Ask the right questions at your next doctor’s appointment. Answer two questions below to personalize your appointment guide.
- For how long have you had iron-deficiency anemia?
- Do you experience any of the following symptoms: fatigue, weakness, shortness of breath, dizziness, paleness, or feeling cold, especially in the hands and feet?
- Are your symptoms constant, or do they come and go?
- What treatments have you been taking for your anemia?
- Have you been taking your medications as prescribed?
- What other health conditions do you have? Do you have any history of ulcers or other gastrointestinal disorders?
- Have you recently donated blood?
- Are you a vegetarian? How many servings of fruits and vegetables do you typically eat in a day?
- If female, do you have heavy menstrual periods? Have you stopped having regular periods?
- What medications are you taking for other health conditions?
- What new symptoms are you experiencing?
- Has the root cause of your symptoms been identified?
- What are the early symptoms of iron-deficiency anemia?
- How is anemia diagnosed?
- Will I need to see a specialist for anemia?
- How might I need to adjust my diet to incorporate more iron?
- What else can I do to manage my symptoms?
- What is causing my iron-deficiency anemia?
- Is my anemia temporary or chronic?
- Will I need to take iron supplements? If yes, for how long?
- What other treatments might I need for iron-deficiency anemia?
- Will I need more blood tests to monitor my anemia? If yes, how often?
- What happens if I experience side effects from my iron-deficiency anemia medications?
- Are my new symptoms a result of my iron-deficiency anemia?
- What else can be done to resolve my iron-deficiency anemia?