Dupuytren's Contracture Appointment Guide
Ask the right questions at your next doctor’s appointment. Answer two questions below to personalize your appointment guide.
- Have your symptoms or hand function gotten worse since our last visit?
- Have you been monitoring your progression with the tabletop test?
- Can you flatten your hand on the counter?
- Have you needed to use anything for pain in your hand?
- Are you ready to consider surgery?
- How long have you been experiencing hand symptoms?
- Have your symptoms gotten worse over time or stayed about the same?
- Do you have pain? If so, describe your pain.
- Do your symptoms interfere with your ability to use your hand?
- What seems to make your symptoms better or worse?
- Does anyone in your family have this problem?
- What treatments have you tried so far?
- What new symptoms are you experiencing?
- Do my symptoms mean I have Dupuytren's contracture?
- How do you diagnose Dupuytren's contracture?
- Could another medical condition be causing or contributing to my symptoms?
- How does Dupuytren's contracture usually progress?
- What should I do if my symptoms get worse?
- How do you expect my specific case of Dupuytren's contracture to progress?
- What are my treatment options?
- Are there lifestyle changes I can make to help my hand function?
- How can I monitor my progression at home?
- What are my options if my contracture gets worse?
- When do you recommend surgery for Dupuytren's contracture?
- Are my new or different symptoms related to my Dupuytren's contracture?
- Is surgery an option for me at this point in my contracture progression?