Axial Spondyloarthritis Appointment Guide
Ask the right questions at your next doctor’s appointment. Answer two questions below to personalize your appointment guide.
- Has your pain and stiffness improved since our last appointment? What number would you give it on a scale of 1 to 10?
- Has your pain changed in any way?
- How would you rate your sleep quality?
- What types of exercise and other physical activities are you able to do?
- Have you noticed any problems with your eyes or vision?
- Where is your pain? In your lower back, hips, or neck?
- Can you rate your pain on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the worst pain you have ever had?
- Is the pain constant or is it worse at certain times, such as in the morning?
- What makes the pain better or worse? What other symptoms are you having?
- Is your pain or stiffness interfering with your ability to work or function? How much and how often?
- Do you have a family history of arthritis in the back?
- How well is your medication controlling your pain and stiffness?
- What new symptoms are you experiencing?
- What tests and treatments have you had so far?
- How likely is it that my spondyloarthritis will progress?
- What treatment plan do you recommend for me? And why?
- What are the possible side effects of the treatment you are recommending? Are any of them long-term or permanent?
- What lifestyle changes should I make to help my pain and stiffness?
- What complications are possible with spondyloarthritis?
- What is most likely causing my back pain and stiffness?
- Could another medical condition be causing or contributing to my symptoms?
- Do I need diagnostic tests to find the cause?
- What treatments are most likely to help my back pain and stiffness?
- Is my condition likely temporary or permanent?
- Could a different medicine improve my back pain and stiffness better?
- Could my new or different symptoms be related to the arthritis in my back?
- What is the best treatment plan for my back arthritis? Am I a candidate for a biologic medication?