Healthgrades recognizes the importance of accurate and relevant data by which we evaluate clinical quality. Our dedicated data science team and internal clinical experts continually work on our methodology and process. Each year it is reviewed by our Quality Advisory Board and additional outside Specialty Clinical Experts.
45 Million Patient Outcomes
Patient Survey Data
All Patient Outcome Data
Members act as independent consultants and do not participate on behalf of any affiliated hospital or health system.
Healthgrades measures hospital performance based on patient outcomes. Our methodologies adjust for each patient’s risk factors, such as age, gender, and medical condition. To ensure the accuracy and relevance of our data analysis, we annually review our ratings methodology and the process by which we evaluate clinical quality.
- America's Best Hospitals for Clinical Excellence Award Methodology
- Specialty State Rankings Methodology
- Patient Safety Ratings & Excellence Award Methodology
- Outstanding Patient Experience Award Methodology
- Outpatient Specialty Excellence Awards Methodology
- Outpatient Complications Outcomes Methodology (patent pending)
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Care Excellence Ratings Methodology
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Care Excellence Awards Methodology
- Specialty Excellence & America's Best Care Award Methodology
- Mortality and Complications Outcomes Methodology
- Healthgrades 2024 Methodology Updates
- How Healthgrades Rates Hospitals Infographic
- ICD-10 Mapping Tool