Dr. William Jordan, MD

Dr. William Jordan, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. William Jordan, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in The Woodlands, TX. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 12 years. Read his story

6767 Lake Woodlands Dr Ste F

The Woodlands, TX 77382

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Humana Health Plan of Texas

Learn about Dr. Jordan

See how frequently Dr. Jordan performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
Joint Pain
Chronic Pelvic Pain

Dr. Jordan's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Jordan's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Jordan "William J. Jordan, M.D. is a Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon, with a primary focus in Sports Medicine. Dr. Jordan graduated from Nimitz High School in Houston in 1993 and attended Houston Baptist University, graduating with degrees in both Chemistry and Biology in 1997. He was then commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the United States Army and attended Infantry Officer Basic Course at Ft. Benning, Georgia. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 26th Infantry Regiment of the Army's 1st Infantry Division in Schweinfurt, Germany and held the positions of Infantry Platoon Leader, Company Executive Officer, and numerous Battalion Staff roles. After 4 years as an infantry officer, he attended medical school at The University of Texas Health Science Center – Houston, graduating in 2005. He re-joined the active military for his residency at William Beaumont Army Medical Center and Texas Tech Health Science Center in El Paso, Texas – graduating in 2010. Immediately upon graduation, he was assigned to Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center at Ft. Hood, Texas and deployed as an Orthopaedic Surgeon for the 909th and 1982nd Forward Surgical Teams at Forward Operating Base Shank in Logar Province, Afghanistan. Upon return from overseas in 2011, he assumed the role of Staff Orthopaedic Surgeon at Ft. Hood, focusing almost entirely on Sports Medicine related issues for the Active Duty Military. One year later, he was selected to command the 274th Forward Surgical Team (Airborne) out of Ft. Bragg, North Carolina and deployed again, this time to Forward Operating Base Fenty in Jalalabad, Afghanistan. While in command of the 274th overseas, he oversaw the treatment of hundreds of combat casualties from coalition forces, special operations forces, local national civilians and enemy combatants. Upon return from Afghanistan in 2013, he participated in patient care at Womack Army Medical Center in Ft. Bragg until June 2014 when he left the military to begin private practice in The Woodlands community. He was twice awarded the Bronze Star Medal and holds numerous other decorations including the Combat Action Badge, Expert Field Medical Badge, Expert Infantryman Badge, Parachutist Badge and Air Assault Badge. Dr. Jordan's practice includes general orthopedic surgery including sports medicine, trauma, arthroscopy, and arthroplasty of all major joints. He views surgical intervention as only one step in the path to wellness and recovery and relies heavily upon patient interaction and investment in care."

This content was provided by Dr. Jordan "I will shake your hand and sit down with each patient, every time.  I will listen to your concerns and discuss them with you to your satisfaction.  Sometimes this backs us up in clinic, but I believe that your time is far more valuable than mine and I will sit with you to discuss your care until you are happy with the plan of care we've agreed upon.

I will do my very best to treat your pain and discomfort from your injury and after surgery.  Although we may use narcotic pain medication as part of your treatment plan, it will be part of a multi-modal approach that focuses on physical therapy, and patient involvement as well as more traditional medical therapies.  My goal is to get you back to normal as quick as I can without you having a concern for dependence on medications to get you there.

My staff and I are available for same-day appointments on clinic days  should you have any issue that you feel requires immediate evaluation and treatment."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• William Beaumont Army Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2006
  • William Beaumont Army Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Jordan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jordan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jordan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jordan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jordan to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Jordan Says:

Thank you for your feedback!

Our practice strives to provide the highest quality of medical care in a timely manner with a compassionate and caring heart to ensure the highest level of patient service and satisfaction.

Dr. Jordan's Performance
in Tomball, TX |
I was glad to get in to see Dr. Jordan, as I was in a lot of back pain, and can not sit up. Had to have my wife drive me to the appointment, while I laid down in the back. After my diagnosis of neck pain, and being told I needed a lot of therapy, I was upset to be told I would have to WAIT A WEEK FOR A PHYSICAL THERAPY CONSULT! Is this considered good medicine??? Who tells a patient in pain, go home and take your meds and wait a week? The doc needs to hire more physical therapists!!!
Houston, TX |
He supposedly fixed my shoulder, after going through therapy still in excruciating pain and no range of motion went back and said everything looked good. Finally have seen two other doctors and I need more surgery and will never be able to raise my arm above my head.
in Spring, TX |
I had a total knee replacement done by Dr Jordan. He was very informative before, during and after the surgery. He kept up with my physical therapy and knew how I was progressing. I was VERY VERY pleased with Dr Jordan. I can now walk, move and use my knee as I should be able to. I thank him for my being able to do this. I wouldn't hesitate to return to him for any problems I have that he can handle and would readily refer him to anyone wanting a great doctor! Thanks Dr Jordan!!!
in Spring, TX |
Our son was injured in a basketball game on the beginning Saturday of Spring Break. I learned on the Monday of Spring Break that the doctor to whom the ER referred us was not in the office for that week. Dr. Jordan graciously made time for us that morning for immediate evaluation.
in The Woodlands, TX |
I took my daughter to him after she broke her arm on her hover board. We loved him so much that I have seen him myself, my husband has come to see him, and we've referred several of our friends and neighbors. They all love him!
in Houston, TX |
I never had any issues with Dr. Jordan. He and his staff is very friendly. I never had any issues while under his care.
in The Woodlands, TX |
I would highly recommend Dr Jordan. I was told by my physical therapist that the type of surgery I had - SLAP and bicep tendonesis, and the way Dr Jordan performed it was cutting edge and the best for me as a patient and for recovery. I'm the type of person that wants to know the details and he took the time to explain and draw exactly what he was going to do. His first choice was to avoid surgery if my SLAP tear wasn't too bad. He said it's better not to have surgery if it can be avoided.
in The Woodlands, TX |
I saw Dr. Jordan for what I thought would be a rotator cuff surgery. He was the second surgeon I saw and both said I needed that surgery. I chose Dr Jordan to perform the surgery because of reputation and his knowledgeable and professional demeanor. After the operation He explained my rotator cuff was fine but I had a host of other problems in my shoulder that he repaired (labrum, bone spurs, arthritis and bicep tendon). I could not be more happy with the results. After 10 weeks I'm 100%.
in The Woodlands, tx |
Never took the split off my arm to assess it. Just scheduled me for surgery. He got annoyed with me for asking questions and told me all of that would be in the surgery discharge paperwork and it was not. Very disappointed.
He did not seem very concerned with the issue I was having with my back and hip. I felt like he diagnosed me before he came in the room, and he did not do a thorough history. I felt like I was bothering him.
Have you seen Dr. William Jordan, MD?
Are you Dr. Jordan?