Dr. Wei Zhou, DOM

AcupunctureMale

Acupuncture

Dr. Wei Zhou, DOM is an Acupuncturist in Albuquerque, NM.

Dr. Wei Zhou, DOM

Wei Zhou

7900 Pennsylvania Cir NE Ste A Albuquerque, NM 87110

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Acupuncturists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for New Mexico

Check if Dr. Zhou treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Zhou accepts

Dr. Zhou accepts the following insurance:

Presbyterian Health Plan
Commercial

Dr. Zhou's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Zhou

4.4

I have been seeing Dr Zhou for several years. Most treatments are for allergies and digestion with excellent results!!
CL – May 19, 2022
Beware: Doctor Retained Payment
In January of 2021 Dr. Wei's practice became "in-network" for United HealthCare, my mom's insurance provider. Despite this change, Dr. Wei's office continued to charge her the full rate for office visits instead of the much lower negotiated co-pay rate. This resulted in my mother, who is 89 and on a fixed income, overpaying Dr. Wei by approximately $1,000 for a total of 20 office visits. I discovered this when filing a claim to have United Healthcare reimburse her for these visits. Ironically, United Healthcare processed the insurance claim and sent payment to Dr. Wei instead of to my mother! I contacted Dr. Wei about this matter in January and asked him to resolve it. After an initial phone call and email exchange he has ceased communicating and has also retained the insurance payment that belonged to my mom. He has therefore been paid twice for certain of her visits (by my mom and by United Healthcare) and she is out $1,000.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Mar 16, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wei Zhou, DOM?
About 30 years ago I was diagnosed with compressed lumbar discs causing nearly debilitating spinal stenosis. Over the years I was treated by many PTs, four acupuncturists, chiropractors, osteopaths, a physiatrist, and other pain specialists. I had injections, creams, and many pain medications, including antidepressants, anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxants, and antiseizure treatments. I was scheduled for back surgery but later declined because of the risks. I was resigned to live the rest of my life with the pain until I began treatment with Dr. Wei Zhou about eight years ago, starting twice a week for one year but improved enough to reduce my treatments to once a week. I have even been able to skip several weeks. Not only did he eliminate the stenosis pain, but he also enabled me to drastically reduce my medications. He has resolved or relieved other medical issues that have occasionally arisen. I am so grateful that he returned me to a pain-free life.
Sep 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wei Zhou, DOM?
Dr. Wei is a genuinely skilled and conscientious doctor who is first and foremost invested in making sure that there is a good treatment outcome. He is patient and kind. Recently I developed Bell's Palsy, which usually requires a minimum of 3-6 months (and sometimes longer) for resolution. I was smiling again, fully, without any facial paralysis in two weeks. Thanks, Dr. Wei, for your dedication to your patients!
K. K. – Mar 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wei Zhou, DOM?
I have been a patient of Dr. Wei Zhou for almost 20 years. He has always been compassionate and dedicated to my health. He listens and takes time to make sure that my questions are answered and that I am a partner in treatment plans. I have a chronic and complicated illness that has responded extraordinarily well to acupuncture. (My M.D. has encouraged me to continue under Dr. Wei's care.)
D. F. – Mar 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wei Zhou, DOM?
This is the best acupuncture clinic I have ever used. I have been a patient of such clinics for over 40 years across the globe. Drs. Zhou and Wang are skilled, thorough, and compassionate. Their clinic is spotless and beautifully decorated. It is a haven of peace, and they are outstanding doctors. I would recommend them to absolutely anyone
Amy Hazelrigg in Albuquerque, NM – Jun 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wei Zhou, DOM?
Dr. Zhou is an excellent practitioner. He is highly trained, well beyond what is required of a standard DOM. He was a cardiologist in China. Since coming to the US he had a fellowship to Johns Hopkins. He has taught acupuncture. In addition to being highly skilled, he listens and he cares. Valuable qualities.
Libba Campbell in Albuquerque, NM – Jun 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wei Zhou, DOM?
My husband and i have seen Dr. Wei Zhou for almost twenty years. This is because he's a true healer. Many of the country's acupuncturists were trained by Dr. Wei. There's nothing 'horrible' about this office. I have never met a doctor who spends as much time as Dr. Wei does listening to his patients. I have recommended him to my family and friends and will continue to consider him as a friend and extraordinary doctor.
Rio Rancho, NM – May 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wei Zhou, DOM?

How was your experience with Dr. Zhou?