Marriage & Family Therapy  |
Dr. Virginia Boney, PHD
Dr. Virginia Boney, PHD is a marriage & family therapy provider who practices in Jacksonville, FL. She is 59 years old.

The Relationship Center of Jacksonville

7545 Centurion Pkwy

Jacksonville, FL 32256

Learn about Dr. Boney

Building self-confidence and fulfilling relationships through research supported treatment approaches provides my clients with assurance that they are working with a therapist whose expertise is grounded in what researchers have found to be most effective in working with individuals and couples. Dr. Boney is one of only a few therapists in the Southeast US whose credentials include certification in Emotion Focused Couples Counseling and Gottman Couples Counseling.

• Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Counseling
  • Psychotherapy

Dr. Boney does not have any board certifications listed.

• Relationship Issues

• The Gottman Institute
    Other Education | Completed 2006
  • University Of Florida-Phd
    Other Education | Completed 2002

Dr. Boney has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Boney has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Boney does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Boney and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Boney's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Boney to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Boney's Performance
in Jacksonville, FL |
My wife and I met with Virginia on and off for about three months. She was an excellent resource that we were able to utilize in Jacksonville. She helped us considerably with working out some of the issues that we were struggling with. Virginia was also very helpful in pointing me in the direction of other resources in the Jacksonville area, as well, such as a career coach and one other resource that I was in need of at the time. The trio has been a Godsend.
in Jacksonville Beach, FL |
I have personally recommended Dr. Boney to several friends and am happy to have the opportunity to do so here. Ginny provided me with invaluable guidance in not only pinpointing the negative patterns in my relationship, but also in developing and enhancing my understanding of the communication and interpersonal skills that are essential to a healthy and loving relationship.
Jacksonville, FL |
Wonderful experience and always on time. 5 stars.
in Ponte Vedra, Florida |
Ginny is insightful and intuitive with an amazing ability to listen and guide individuals through a process of self examination and growth. She provides a safe space with compassion, sensitivity and direct conversation. She has a rare ability to accurately listen and reflect back underlying emotions during a discovery process. I hold her expertise in high regard.
in Jacksonville, FL |
My marriage wouldn't have survived without Dr. Boney's help. I'm 100% convinced. My wife & I often left sessions, looked at each other and said "she's amazing." Ginny guided us to a much better understanding of each other and taught us how to communicate effectively to work through issues on our own. When we went to Ginny our marriage was in crisis, but she helped us find our way to a strong & stable relationship. She's a wonderful person! I can't recommend her highly enough!
in Saint Augustine, FL |
Dr. Boney is an excellent provider and has a keen insight into understanding complex relationships and situations. She is an active listener and has helped my spouse and I get to the root cause of many of our issues. She helped us identify key points in our relationship and how to overcome potential problems before they grow. We loved working with her.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Ginny has been incredible for my own personal growth, as well as my marriage. I would highly recommend her, especially for someone suffering from a substance abuse problem. There are very few counselors who understand what those of us who are addicts/alcoholics are struggling with, and Ginny is one of them.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr Boney was very helpful to me and my son during grief counseling. My husband of 30 years died very suddenly and Dr. Boney was very kind and helped me navigate through my grief process. She also assisted me in counseling sessions after a medical issue. I would highly recommend Dr. Boney for any counseling needs. She listens and is supportive to your needs.
in Jacksonville, FL |
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Boney. She is professional, compassionate, and extremely knowledgeable. My husband and I would not have the relationship we have today without her help. We saw her for couples therapy and then we also each saw her for individual therapy. I can honestly say that our marriage was saved, strengthened and renewed through our work with her. The individual therapy I did with her has changed my life for the better in so many ways.
in Jacksonville, FL |
I recommend Dr. Boney to those looking to honestly work to improve/change their life through quality therapy. I've seen her on and off for 5 years. In that time she's helped me develop tools to make crucial decisions. She supported me through difficult times, and her honest assessment that I was doing well, and to call when needed, helped me trust her. She truly wants to help you honor your best self. She helped me more in 4 visits than my past therapist did in 10 years. Be good to you. Call.
in St. Augustine, FL |
Virginia Boney is absolutely one of the best counselors that I've seen in action (I've worked in counseling for 20+ years). Her professionalism, training, and skills are top notch. My husband and I both felt comfortable with her from the start and she's skillfully guided us to a better relationship. I highly recommend her!
in Atlantic Beach, FL |
Ginny is an excellent therapist and has helped me with so many family problems over the years. I always come away from my appointments feeling much better. She really listens to me and makes me feel like she genuinely cares about my problems. This takes a lot of stress off my shoulders. I don't rely on her to explain any medical conditions so I did not fill out that space. Also, she does not have a Staff but I hit the stars and could not delete them! She is friendly and courteous.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Boney is brilliant, and helps clear the path for healing and wholeness. She helped me achieve clarity, and to move forward rather than staying stuck in the past. Highly recommend Dr. Boney.
in Saint Augustine, Florida |
Ginny is a very intelligent and skilled therapist. She has helped my wife and I navigate through some underlying relationship issues that have been with us for years. She is very good at drilling down to the important emotions that drive how we relate as a couple, both the good ones and the bad ones. Ginny has helped us have a better understanding of who we are as a couple and why.
in Jacksonville, FL |
The therapy we participated in helped us restore our connection with each other. We were both motivated to changed, and made intentional efforts to work on our individual issues rather than blame each other or focus on changing each other. Dr. Boney was a terrific facilitator of therapy that works!
in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL |
I so appreciate how Dr. Boney created a safe space for us as we walked through counseling. The neutral space and her openness to both of us allowed the environment for us to connect.
in Fernandina Beach, FL |
Dr Boney has been of immeasurable help to my husband and me. She is wonderful! We look forward to our sessions.
Have you seen Dr. Virginia Boney, PHD?
Are you Dr. Boney?