Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD

Marriage & Family TherapyMaleAge 61

Marriage & Family Therapy

Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD is a Marriage & Family Therapist in The Woodlands, TX. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD
25301 Borough Park Dr Ste 237 The Woodlands, TX 77380 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Marriage & Family Therapists in your area

"To work swiftly but deeply focusing on practical solutions and significant permanent change. Respectful and collaborative."

- Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Dr. Wiesner treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Wiesner's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Affairs and Infidelity
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavior Modification
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress
  • Substance Abuse

Dr. Wiesner accepts

Dr. Wiesner accepts the following insurance:

Aetna PPO

4.3

76.19047619047619%
4.761904761904762%

Dr. Wiesner

He listened carefully and got down to business quickly. He send material for me to look at between sessions that he had created while a professor. I found him respectful and focused on reachable short term and long terms goals. Very practical as I think others have said. I highly recommend him especially for those more complex situations.
R. L. – Jul 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD?
The doctor was very insightful and non-judgmental and I was quickly put at ease. It felt more like a conversation than analysis and that was refreshing. He listened carefully and seemed concerned to get my perspective exactly right. I was a little put off at first when he spend so much time asking about the specifics of my goals and were they "my" goals or those of me wife's. I latter saw the great significance of this careful examination before we dived into content. On the second session I had clear specific goals that I wanted with a concrete action plan. It made all the difference. I realized I'd been in a couple of dozen therapy sessions before but his second session was really MY FIRST COUNSELING SESSION EVER! Thank you Dr Weisner!
Bart M – May 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD?
My marriage was once again on the rocks. Two counselors and seemingly we were going backwards. If not for our three kids we would have filed for divorce. We had five sessions with him and we both felt that he was caring and provided with action oriented practical solutions. He had us learn how to fight fair and forgive each other. We aren't completely out of the woods but divorce looks like its definitely OFF THE TABLE!
Kevin – May 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD?
He was very intuitive and within 15 minutes he to understand me so well. He did bring up lots of research on my issues, quoting sources which seemed a bit odd. When I mentioned this he apologized as he had been a full time graduate professor for about a decade and it was very selective of using only rigorous robust research LOL. Anyhow, he did apply this to my situation and I left with a detailed set of specific and measurable objectives. I saw him three times and the main issue seemed resolved and I thank Dr Wiesner for that. He gave me several PowerPoint presentations that he gave at state counseling conferences on two of my exact issues. Good stuff. He’s by far the most practical and quick of the four or five therapists I’ve seen in the past four or so years.
Samantha L – Apr 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD?
The doc was very caring and compassionate. I was nervous as I’d never been but it just felt like a conversation with a caring friendly older person. He soon focused on solutions and was very specific and useful in his suggestions but he seemed to make sure the goals were completely mine and that I drove the strategies with him offering helpful tips. My only regret was not seeing him years earlier. Such a wam relaxed nonjudgmental environment. I highly recommend him to those anxious about the process. He was very humble and wise. Don’t be intimidated by his credentials.
Tanya E – Mar 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD?
He is a very savvy and seems to have a keen psychological acumen. We did family counseling with my husband and four children. His therapeutic skills were far superior to the five counselors I’ve used in the past. Results were almost immediate and solutions were practical. He got all four children engaged and that was nothing sort of miraculous. I’d give Dr Wiesner 10 stars out of 5 but with six family members and him the room was too small. He offered cold bottled water, hot coffee, fresh cream, and cold soft drinks for the children but with social distancing his office felt cramped. It was a bit distracting so unfortunately I’m giving this review 4 stars. If you come with 4 or less people you’ll have no comfort issues. I sent my best friend to him and she goes on and on about his helpfulness especially how practical and efficient he is. Just don’t bring six or more at one time unless you want to feel like packed sardines.
Sarah H – Mar 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD?
Dr Wiesner is supremely professional. Warm, wise, and down-to-earth, I felt listened to and cared about very soon. He quickly and seamlessly had ME choose a goal that I was EXCITED about. Clear, concise, measurable, and practical. He gently nudged me into taking risk my breaking patterns of behavior and then we celebrated to little successes. Soon, I had accomplished more than I thought possible. He is a world class researcher but a PRACTITIONER first and foremost. He insisted I give myself the credit. I would recommend anybody to him who is serious about making deep changes that are very lofty. He will bring the best out of you. My 8th and last therapist.
Julia D Sturgman – Sep 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD?
The doctor was very approachable and humble. I was nervous to go to counseling but he helped me feel so relaxed. He shared about himself and came across as down to earth. He was supportive but he challenged me and worked fast. I liked his focus on being practical and on taking actions and taking them immediately. 6 sessions later and I am so grateful. You can't go wrong going with his 3 decades of experience and focus on real and fast lasting change. He went overtime on about all seasons and never charged a penny more. He's a very intelligent and kind doctor.
Jim C – Sep 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD?
Dr VIctor V Wiesner III, PhD, LPC-S, MBA, NCC, CCMHC, Mensa Member, Engineer was not as intimidating as I feared. He insisted I call him "Victor." We started on easy like two old friends catching up, but soon I could tell he was listening extremely well and he was made of a different cloth. The time went over a good bit but he absolutely refused to charge a penny more. I went five years before but not he takes like 16 different types of insurance. How can a superstar charge the same $ as someone just out of a master program with all online classes. I mean he's studied physics, engineering, MBA, PhD, Supervisor of other Counselors, author, researcher, former head of SHSU Counseling Clinic, holly molly...... Get the best for an average rate. He went to the same university as Dr Phil for goodness sake. No brainer.
Karen Goodman – Jul 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD?
Dr Victor Wiesner is very compassionate and knowledgeable. He was warm and understanding and did not judge me as I feared whoever heard my confessions would. He listened carefully and we came up with practical solutions and a plan I started on right away. He kept me focused on exactly what I could do and while he acknowledged my pain he encouraged me to be courageous and take new actions so my life would actually be different. I learned to not let my feelings rule my life, especially feelings of guilt over the past. He helped me write an apology letter and the person accepted it and offered full forgiveness. What a weight lifted off my shoulders. We met mostly in the evenings on Sundays which was an amazing accommodation for me. I highly recommend him and my uncle is loving his visits with Dr Wiesner now.
Ms Maria S. – Jul 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD?
Incredibly insightful, the doc offered sage advise and was swift and accurate in his grasp of the vital issues. I’m recommending him to my friends. Dr Wiesner is not cheap but you often get what you pay for and how much is a happy life and marriage worth; not the time to look for inexperienced or less qualified people. It did take 4 days to get in to see him but he was willing to meet me on a Sunday.
Herbert L – Jun 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD?
The doc has been studying the field for about 3 decades I believe. He listened very well to me and after two sessions I felt very prepared to face the crisis in my life. Practical and quick. I got an appointment the same day I called.
Susan G – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD?
Outstanding professionalism, knowledge, wisdom, energy, and compassion. Dr Wiesner is a member of Mensa but he is down to earth. He recently stood up to my mother who has a history of vicious emotional and psychological attacks. She miss read him and ended up leaving the session crying when he refused to let her bully me during session. I needed that modeling and support and nurturance. He was compassionate yet firm in the face of her tyranny to a 36-year-old upstanding law-abiding mother of two. He’s helped me more than the six therapist I’ve seen before him and he made a difference in just two sessions.
Holly Benito – May 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD?
He worked very fast and was extremely insightful. Dr Wiesner had a busy schedule but I got to see him in about a week. Best therapist of the 6 to 8 I’ve been to. Very compassionate and down to earth. He seemed brilliant.
Jorge H. – May 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD?
Professor Wiesner helped my anxiety greatly in the first session. He taught me practical tools to use immediately. I'll be sending my sister to him because I've seen about five counselors in the past three years and he is by far the best. He's to the point and spot on. Kind and encouraging too. The room was a little too cool but I can't lower his rating for that because it was the entire building in the summer.
Maria G – Aug 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD?
He was extremely compassionate and listened carefully. It was as though he had known me for all of my life before the session ended. He provided very practical guidance and returned phone calls promptly. I recommended my co-worker to him and she has an appointment set up.
Jorge L – Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD?
He talked about himself for the vast majority of the session and chose sides between me and my parent. I know infinitely more about his life than he does about mine, and my relationship with my parent ended up being worse than when we started the session.
May 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD?
Dr Wiesner wasted no time helping me resolve issues I thought were unsolvable. He was both very practical and supportive and helped me see my life with much greater clarity.
Thomas in Houston, TX – Feb 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Victor Wiesner, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Wiesner?