Vicki Rubin, LCSW

Clinical Social Work •  Female

Vicki Rubin

Center for Youth and Family Counseling

6245 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308

Vicki Rubin, LCSW is a Clinical Social Worker in Fort Lauderdale, FL and has over 41 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University medical school in 1979. She is affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Vicki Rubin to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Social Workers in your area

See similar Social Workers in Fort Lauderdale

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Vicki Rubin accepts

Vicki Rubin accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Beech Street (Multiplan)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO
Preferred PPO
Magellan Health Services
Integrated Health Plan (IHP)
Oxford Health Plans
Value Options

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Vicki Rubin treats your condition or procedure

• Group Psychotherapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Stress Management

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Vicki Rubin, LCSW...

Offer evening visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Vicki Rubin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Vicki Rubin

87.09677419354838%

Vicki Rubin?
What People Say About Vicki Rubin, LCSW
I have been seeing Vicki for a few years now and it has been a wonderful and enlightening experience. She counseled me during a difficult divorce and its effect on me as well as how to handle the the effect it had on my children. I have also suffered from anxiety and, with her encouragement, sought psychiatric help for that. The thing I enjoy most about Vicki is that she challenges me to face my issues head on and make changes rather than just how to face the sames things over and over again. It's more about being proactive rather than just reactive.
Mike Fitzgerald – Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
I've been seeing Vicki weekly for five months and have had a very positive experience. She has helped me better understand myself by drawing powerful connections between my past experiences and current patterns of behavior. She helps me question the "why" behind my feelings and actions, always pushing me with practical advice for tackling my problems. Her guidance is helping me through a difficult breakup and has helped me make major strides in treating my anxiety and depression. Highly recommend!
May 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Best therapist! To sum it up, Vicki is caring and compassionate, yet direct and focused. I don’t know how she has such a skill but she makes you do the work in an honest and safe envioronment. If you are looking to grow and learn about yourself, call Vicki Rubin! I don’t think she will disappoint.
Apr 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Vicki is so good at what she does. She is truly neutral, listens, does not rush you, has the ability to see a situation for what it is, even when you are bias, and call it like it is. She is there to help you not coddle you. She gives such clear and simple advice while also allowing you to figure a lot of things out on your own and as you grow. She's got both tough love and compassion which it vital to grow and heal. She's helped me a lot to learn, heal, see clearer and grow. Sometimes it can be hard to talk to someone but Vicki never pushes you and allows you to do it in your own time. She helps to take out a lot of anger and emotion that can be blocking you from living your best and happiest life.
Mar 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Vicki is an excellent therapist. She is pragmatic, clear-eyed, and consistent. I would definitely recommend her to anyone seeking counseling.
Jan 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Vicki has guided me through my problems and helps me to see where they come from. She gives me suggestions and advice to improve the relationship I have with myself, as well as with my relationships with family and those around me. She has helped me grow and overcome many of my struggles, and I am grateful for our sessions.
Jan 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Vicki helped us and our family through very tough and challenging problems. My husband and I found her years ago when my daughter was first in rehab for drug addiction. We will always be extremely grateful for her help. Many don't realize that the collateral damage a drug addict inflicts on loved ones creates stresses that no one can be expected to handle without therapy. Vicki's experience and wise and insightful suggestions were invaluable to helping us and our daughter survive, heal, and gain the coping mechanisms to survive this ordeal. Vicki was instrumental in giving us tools to preserve and actually strengthen our marriage, and to help us work with our other three children to protect and mitigate the adverse effects of their sibling's roller coaster ride that is mental illness and substance abuse. Do not hesitate to to work with her. Be ready to commit to treatment long term. These things don't get fixed in a single session. She is expert!
Jan 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
I have been seeing her for over a year now and she has helped a great deal with understanding issues and where they come from. I never feel judged. I appreciate her guidance and assistance.
Matt – Dec 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
I highly recommend Vicki to any couple considering a therapist, or just talking to an objective third party. My husband and I were struggling in our relationship after having a baby and a few other stressful life events- Vicki was critical to us being able to communicate with each other and appreciate our differences in coping with stress.
ED – Nov 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Vicky has been a phenomenal therapist for me, and I have seen substantial personal growth and improvement since I've been seeing her. She has helped me get to the root and address many of the issues i struggled with for many years. I highly recommend her.
Sep 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Vicki was very patient and understanding. I felt that she really cared about my situation, contrary to the last review. She never wants you to feel pressured to speak if you're not ready. At times, I needed some time to gather my thoughts and she was very understanding.I have been seeing her for a while now and she has made a big difference in my life and in my relationships. I highly recommend her!
Genny – Sep 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Not so great. I was getting over a relationship and I needed help moving on. I got the feeling that Dr Rubin could care less. I saw her for about 8 sessions. I ultimately needed to go elsewhere for help. I got stuck and didn't want to talk one day and said "I don't think I have anything else to say." She told me I was free to leave if I wanted. I left and never went back. Don't think she was particularly effective caring. Go elsewhere I did.
Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
I recently began meeting with Vicki and already see improvements in my mental wellbeing. She has helped me to realize the effects of past traumas and how they continue to affect my decisions. More importantly, she provides me with the tools necessary to break free from destructive patterns of thinking and form healthier habits. She is very encouraging and helps you to build the confidence to become your own advocate. She is an attentive listener. She takes the time to ensure that concepts are understood so that they can be made applicable in everyday situations. I highly recommend Vicki to anyone experiencing a difficult time or who wishes to work through unresolved emotions.
Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Vicki immediately was able to help make recommendations to help me through a tough time in a relationship and help me realize my anxiety and depression. She is great at helping you advocate for yourself and realize other people's problems are not on you. She also helps you connect the dots in patterns in your behavior and figure out the root of where some of this behavior comes from.
Aug 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Vicki has great attention to detail- she can always relate back to what I mentioned earlier. Her office is at a great location in midtown Manhattan, easy to get to from work. I like that she is clearly professional but adds a personal touch to our conversations, and stays engaged.
Aug 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Vicki helped me through a really difficult point in my life. Her assessment was spot on and aligned with my doctor's diagnosis. She has been assisting me in not only coping with anxiety and depression, but also becoming more accepting of my feelings and realizing that everyone struggles with issues. I have gained strength, independence and self-esteem through her practice. I am doing much better and would highly recommend her!
Jul 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
I was at a low point in my life when I found Vicki through an internet search. I was alone, in the midst of a marriage separation, depressed, and self-medicating to cope with the stress when I joined her therapy group. With support from others in the group and Vicki's guidance, I now have hope and a brighter perspective on my life. She never told me what to think, but allowed me to reach my own decisions by listening and asking the right questions at the right times throughout the process. I was able to witness her influence on the positive growth of others in the group as well. I had never done group therapy prior to seeing Vicki, but came based on online reviews. I am glad I did!
Brian in Hollywood, FL – Jul 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
The first time I met Vicki I was overwhelmed with emotions I had never felt. She is the first therapist I've ever seen and she helped me realize that I was dealing with anxiety and that I was going to be okay. I remember feeling overwhelmed and afraid to see a therapist and I can not express how much she has improved my life and mindset for the better. I've gained confidence and better control over my anxiety. She has shown me that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I never knew therapy could be so beneficial and comforting. Vicki is always available when I need her and she will even accommodate me with a phone conversation if we can't meet in person. I'm looking forward to continuing to grow with Vicki because I can tell she cares about my growth.
Michelle – Jun 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
I, throughout my life, was reluctant to talk to a therapist. It took an extremely low point in my life, for me to decide it was time to start. Working with Vicki Rubin has made me wish I began much earlier in life. In a comfortable atmosphere, I am happy to open up to her and learn other perspectives from my own. More importantly, using those notions in future situations. Extremely professional and easy to talk with. Take it from someone who WAS against the idea of therapy.
Jun 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
I have only high praise for Dr. Vicki Rubin. After I separated from my wife I joined Vicki's support group, and with her guidance, and the love and support from the group, I was able to cope with a very difficult situation. Whether you need individual counseling, or a support group, I would highly recommend seeking the support and guidance of Dr. Vicki Rubin.
Dec 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?

How was your experience with Vicki Rubin?

I am a psychotherapist offering counseling to individuals, couples, and families. I am dedicated and passionate about my work because I enjoy seeing patients grow. Sometimes people need assistance to get through life's obstacles and I help patients w...

• Clinical Social Work

Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University
1969
Brooklyn College

More Information

• Does Vicki Rubin communicate via email?

Yes, 1 patient said they communicate via email

• Does Vicki Rubin offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Vicki Rubin offer an online patient portal?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer an online patient portal

• Does Vicki Rubin have free onsite parking?

Yes, 1 patient said they have free onsite parking

• Does Vicki Rubin offer weekend visits?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not offer weekend visits

• Does Vicki Rubin offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Vicki Rubin offers evening visits