Vicki Rubin, LCSW

Clinical Social WorkFemale

Vicki Rubin

VR Counseling, Inc.

6245 N Federal Hwy # 410 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308

Vicki Rubin, LCSW is a Clinical Social Worker in Fort Lauderdale, FL and has over 42 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University medical school in 1979. She is affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Vicki Rubin to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Clinical Social Workers in your area

"I am a psychotherapist offering counseling to individuals, couples, and families. I am dedicated and passionate about my work because I enjoy seeing patients grow. Sometimes people need assistance to get through li..."

- Vicki Rubin, LCSW

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Vicki Rubin treats your condition or procedure

• Group Psychotherapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Stress Management

Vicki Rubin accepts

Vicki Rubin accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth
Personal Choice PPO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Beech Street (Multiplan)
Preferred PPO
Select HMO
Magellan Health Services
Integrated Health Plan (IHP)
Oxford Health Plans
Value Options

Vicki Rubin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Vicki Rubin

Vicki Rubin?
  • Appointment scheduling (35)
  • Listened & answered questions (34)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (32)
  • Appointment was rushed (3)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (3)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
I've been seeing Vicki for a few months now, and she's been incredibly helpful and direct in my journey to improve some key ideas and maintaining appropriate distance in former relationships (post-divorce, shared custody of child), while navigating maintaining communication and growth in a new relationship. We've been able to connect the past and present to guide choices, decisions and interactions. I am happy to continue working with Vicki.
Mar 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
I highly recommend Vicki, very easy to talk to and she makes you feel very comfortable to talk about very personal feelings & situations. Vicki is very patient and eager to help you resolve long standing issues in your life. I'm really happy I found her, she has already made a difference in my life..
Holly – Dec 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Vicki is great, and really helped me through dealing with a period of depression & anxiety. She provided a lot of clarity for me that helped me work through it.
Dec 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Vicki was wonderful. She called me back the same day I reached out to her for an appointment. She was able to assess my issue quickly and help me. She was flexible working with my schedule and availability. She has many years of experience, and treated me with kindness. I saw her professional attitude and caring personality.
Linda G – Nov 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
I have been going to Dr. Rubin since 2017; when I first started therapy, I was in a dark place and couldn't see a way out or a better way to be. My life has taken a complete turn since then, and through the work that Dr. Rubin did with me, I was able to shift my mindset and life. I battled anxiety and depression nearly my whole life, but in the last three years, with the help of Dr. Rubin, I have been able to not only deal with my anxiety and depression but thrive and learn for the first in my life that I can change my own life and circumstances and gain self-confidence.
Wengi – Nov 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Vicki is a very straightforward woman who wants her patients to feel confident. I was referred to Vicki through the OnTrak program, and am very grateful for it. Vicki listens; she's identified issues that I've sometimes completely missed, and she's helped me make the first steps to moving past them. I truly enjoy working with her.
Danny – Nov 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Dr. Rubin has offered me some wonderful insights into my issues and provided actionable items to work toward resolving them. She listens well and guides you toward your own solution while providing insights on the potential upside/downside. I’ve been very happy with the assistance she has provided and would recommend her to others without hesitation.
Martin – Nov 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Vicki Rubin is an amazing therapist. She has been able to help me gain more awareness about my behaviors and how they contribute to my shortcomings. By working with Vicki - I have been able to use this knowledge and become a better version of myself. I like the new me and without having had my sessions with Vicki - I wouldn’t be experiencing my current state of happiness. Vicki is unbiased, caring and doesn’t hold back - she’s a great therapist who knows her stuff and anyone looking for a therapist will definitely be happy with the service she is able to provide.
Frantz C. – Oct 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Vicki has been really effective at helping me to understand my anxiety, myself and even those around me with mental help issues. She is very honest, which I find to be refreshing, and her tell-it-like-it-is demeanor has helped me to confront things about myself that I was afraid to face.
Oct 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
I've been seeing Vicki for about a year. Vicki is wise, knowledgeable, neutral and observant. She's pointed out patterns and behaviors in myself and my family that have helped me heal and move forward. I was raised in a dysfunctional home with alcohol and mental abuse. I feel optimistic and at the healthiest point in my life. Vicki has been a vital part of my growth and healing, she's helped me face and live with my trauma without shame. I've seen other therapists but there's no comparison I'm grateful and I highly recommend Vicki.
Oct 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Dr. Rubin was able to help me through difficult time, a great listener. Hope we can go through the journey together. Thanks, Dr. Rubin.
Sep 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
When trying to connect with Vicki during the initial consultation, she was super rushed and kept referring me to her website. I know there's a website but I want you to explain to me how your experience with relationships is a fit for me. Never again.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Sep 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
I've been working with Vicki for over three years and have been extremely happy. Vicki is incredibly helpful by providing great insights and guidance on many different topics and scenarios. If you're looking for a therapist who not only supports you but also challenges you by providing pathways forward to a healthier life, then look no further - you will find that with Vicki.
Dana T – Aug 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
I have been seeing Vicki for about a year. She has helped me work through my anxiety as well as identify patterns that were detrimental to me having successful relationships. Through weekly sessions, I've learned to adjust my focus from external validation to how I am feeling. She has a very balanced nature and is great at putting situations into perspective - would recommend.
Aug 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Dr. Rubin is a great listener, and she really helped me to understand my underlying issues and concerns. I have been attending sessions with Dr Rubin for 4 months, and am Maloney breakthroughs. My wife tells me she can see real improvements in my communication over the last four months. This therapy has been key to that.
Jul 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
I have been seeing Vicki for a few years now and it has been a wonderful and enlightening experience. She counseled me during a difficult divorce and its effect on me as well as how to handle the the effect it had on my children. I have also suffered from anxiety and, with her encouragement, sought psychiatric help for that. The thing I enjoy most about Vicki is that she challenges me to face my issues head on and make changes rather than just how to face the sames things over and over again. It's more about being proactive rather than just reactive.
Mike Fitzgerald – Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
My husband called Vicki to seek therapy. She stated on the phone, “what you’re describing to me... it sounds like you are a loser”. My husband abruptly ended the conversation. My question: What kind of therapist are you? Why are you a therapist? Seriously! Honestly, you should have your license revoked. Those who would like to seek advice from this Vicki person: I do not recommend her, whatsoever!
Jun 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
I've been seeing Vicki weekly for five months and have had a very positive experience. She has helped me better understand myself by drawing powerful connections between my past experiences and current patterns of behavior. She helps me question the "why" behind my feelings and actions, always pushing me with practical advice for tackling my problems. Her guidance is helping me through a difficult breakup and has helped me make major strides in treating my anxiety and depression. Highly recommend!
May 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Best therapist! To sum it up, Vicki is caring and compassionate, yet direct and focused. I don’t know how she has such a skill but she makes you do the work in an honest and safe envioronment. If you are looking to grow and learn about yourself, call Vicki Rubin! I don’t think she will disappoint.
Apr 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?
Vicki is so good at what she does. She is truly neutral, listens, does not rush you, has the ability to see a situation for what it is, even when you are bias, and call it like it is. She is there to help you not coddle you. She gives such clear and simple advice while also allowing you to figure a lot of things out on your own and as you grow. She's got both tough love and compassion which it vital to grow and heal. She's helped me a lot to learn, heal, see clearer and grow. Sometimes it can be hard to talk to someone but Vicki never pushes you and allows you to do it in your own time. She helps to take out a lot of anger and emotion that can be blocking you from living your best and happiest life.
Mar 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Vicki Rubin, LCSW?

How was your experience with Vicki Rubin?

I am a psychotherapist offering counseling to individuals, couples, and families. I am dedicated and passionate about my work because I enjoy seeing patients...Read more

• Clinical Social Work