Vicki Custer, LCPC

Vicki Custer, LCPC

Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Vicki Custer, LCPC is a counselor in Rolling Meadows, IL and has been practicing for 12 years. She graduated from Argosy University in 2006 and specializes in counseling, behavioral therapy, and more.Read her story

3601 Algonquin Rd Ste 714

Rolling Meadows, IL 60008

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

Learn about Vicki Custer

Vicki Custer's bio

This content was provided by Vicki Custer "I understand the fear of making decisions to change your life, especially when those decisions affect not only you but your family as well. Although I've been a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in private practice for over 10 years, my story of why I value helping others started a long time ago. Born and raised in the Chicagoland area, I have been married for 30 years to my college sweetheart. We have been blessed with three amazing sons, which has been the biggest joy of my life. Being a wife and mother has provided me with many life lessons that greatly inform my practice as a psychotherapist. After working in Corporate America for 18 years, I realized I was in a career that I thought I "should" be in. It's not that there is anything wrong with Corporate America. There were great people, great benefits, and of course, great pay. The golden handcuffs were firmly in place. Something was missing inside of me; I was disconnected from my soul's purpose. I felt as if my work had become completely devoid of meaning. It very much felt like a crisis after devoting so much time, energy and commitment to the track I was on. But I've never been the type of person to avoid taking a huge risk in order to feel right with myself at the end of the day. It wasn't easy. In fact it was one of the hardest things I had to overcome. With the support of my family, friends, helpers, and other personal development resources, I found the tools I needed to move forward. I had always been interested in people and their stories, and a love for seeing in others what they can't see in themselves. So, I decided to take the first step by enrolling in a master's program in counseling nearly 13 years ago. I had no idea how it would all work out, but, I trusted myself, had the support and guidance from others that I needed, and eventually became a therapist in private practice. I finally had found exactly what I was meant to do without sacrificing any of my values. So, I've been there. I feel passionate about helping others make difficult decisions in their lives, whether it be a change in career, or leaving a marriage or problematic relationship, or any other decision that has a big impact on your life and the life of your family. We all deserve the peace of mind that comes with living a life you love. My experience also has inspired me to work with young adults to help them with the critical decisions that have lasting impacts on their lives. My Education and Work Experience Masters of Arts in Professional Counseling from Argosy University. Bachelor of Science degree in Business Marketing from Bradley University Member of the Illinois Counseling Association Member of Illinois Mental Health Counselors Association. Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, State of Illinois Project Manager (Marketing and Human Resources-18 years) My practice in Rolling Meadows is in a warm, comfortable office with only two other practitioners. Our office on the 7th floor offers one of the best views around! I look forward to hearing from you to discuss how I can help you move forward and live a life you deserve!"

This content was provided by Vicki Custer "Therapy is a very powerful tool when life is feeling difficult or overwhelming.

I'm very motivated to offer you the support you need right now in your life to overcome these challenges. I have a number of specialties that you will find in the services menu of my website. My clients come from diverse backgrounds and I work with people regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation.

I believe that a healthy therapeutic relationship is the main indicator of successful therapy and what leads to healing and growth. That's why I spend time each session ensuring that our relationship is meaningful and helpful. I tailor my approach to each individual client and their needs.

During our time together, you will have the opportunity to discuss your concerns and emotions in a warm, supportive, welcoming environment where you will not be judged. My goal is that you leave each session transformed in some way. Looking forward to meeting you."

• Counseling
  • Behavioral Therapy
  • Life Coaching

Vicki Custer does not have any board certifications listed.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Bradley University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1985
  • Argosy University
    Medical School | Graduated 2006

Vicki Custer has no awards or honors listed.

Vicki Custer has no media or publications listed.

Vicki Custer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Vicki Custer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Vicki Custer's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Vicki Custer to family and friends
Are you Vicki Custer?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Psychotherapy