Dr. Vanessa Roddenberry, PHD

Dr. Vanessa Roddenberry, PHD

Psychological Trauma  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Vanessa Roddenberry, PHD is a psychological trauma specialist in Raleigh, NC and has been practicing for 5 years. She graduated from University Of Tennessee in 2012 and specializes in psychological trauma, sleep medicine, and more.

8951 Harvest Oaks Dr Ste 205

Raleigh, NC 27615

Learn about Dr. Roddenberry

This content was provided by Dr. Roddenberry "Every individual is unique and that's why I work with each client to develop a treatment plan that is tailored to their specific needs.  Sometimes the path to recovery can seem insurmountable, but with help and a good plan you can get there.

I am a licensed psychologist and health service provider in psychology.  I use an integrative and evidence-based approach to therapy.  I see my clients and myself as collaborative partners working towards their goals.  I believe each person has within them strengths and abilities needed to become their best self.  My work is to help them uncover these existing strengths, build resilience, and foster growth.  I use mindfulness and acceptance-based strategies to assist you in discovering and overcoming barriers to change.  With compassion and understanding, I create a safe place where you can discuss your problems and learn how to flourish in spite of them.

I am a trauma specialist and excel in treating PTSD.  I am also skilled in treating numerous other problems such as depression, anxiety, grief, anger, stress, and other adjustment difficulties.  I offer couples therapy to assist couples in strengthening their relationship by building communication skills and increasing emotional closeness.  Coaching services are also available.

Change can be a scary concept but achieving your goals and feeling better is possible with the right help.  Give me a call today to take the first step towards well-being.  Please refer to my website for further information: www.praxispsychology.com."

• Psychological Trauma
  • Relationship Counseling
  • Sleep Medicine
  • Substance Abuse Counseling
  • Women's Health Psychology

Dr. Roddenberry does not have any board certifications listed.

• Behavior Modification
  • Behavioral Activation
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CTB-I)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
  • Exposure Therapy
  • Grief Therapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Life Coaching
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Mindfulness Technique Therapy
  • Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
  • Pain Management
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management
  • Wellness Coaching

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill
  • Department Of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Hampton, Virginia
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Unc Wilmington, M.A. Psychology
    Other Education | Completed 2007

Dr. Roddenberry has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Roddenberry has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Roddenberry does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Roddenberry and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Roddenberry's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Roddenberry to family and friends

Dr. Roddenberry's Performance

Honestly I wish I'd seen her years ago. She helped me through when I didn't see a way ahead and I can't say enough how kind and real she is. I can go to her and ask about something I'm feeling and she explains it in a way that makes so much sense to me. I always learn new stuff from her. Really...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option1
Best therapist ever. Compassionate, kind and effective.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Roddenberry is wonderful! I was really scared to start therapy and she helped me feel at ease right from the start. I worked with her for about a year and I'm so happy I did. She is one of the only therapists I've gone to who really listened to me and helped me get where I wanted to go. She...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option15thumbs down icon option1
Are you Dr. Roddenberry?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Psychotherapy