Vanessa Ford, MSW

Social WorkFemale

Social Work

Vanessa Ford, MSW is a Social Worker in Chicago, IL. Her office accepts new patients.

Vanessa Ford, MSW

www.VanessaEFord.com

1731 W Arthur Ave Chicago, IL 60626 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Social Workers in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Vanessa Ford treats your condition or procedure

Vanessa Ford accepts

Vanessa Ford accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO

Vanessa Ford's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Vanessa Ford

Vanessa Ford

Highly Recommend! :)
Vanessa is a fantastic therapist! I found her through the BCBS website - I wanted to find someone who was certified to provide EMDR therapy, who worked with LGBTQIA+ populations, and who was willing to dive into some of the tougher trauma work with me. I knew she was a great fit after our first session - she really took the time to get to know me and what I wanted to get out of therapy. Vanessa always makes me feel heard and understood, and she offers truly valuable insights that have helped me better understand myself. She has also been extremely flexible with my chronic health issues and has been willing to meet me both in person and virtually depending on my needs. I would highly recommend Vanessa!
Feb 09, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Vanessa Ford, MSW?
Vanessa is a wonderful therapist, my time with her has been so transformative I am in awe sometimes at how much I have grown and healed. She brings a fresh perspective to the tried and true methods and offers new treatments tailored to your goals and needs. I cannot recommend her enough. It can be a weird thing to reach out for help and while it is most human to feel awkward about opening up to a stranger, Vanessa welcomes you in and helps you see connections that lead to the most beautiful healing moments. I am so grateful I took the leap and made an appointment with her.
Nov 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Vanessa Ford, MSW?
I have been seeing Vanessa for just about a year. In that time span her work has helped me "level-up" in so many different areas of my life, from my relationships to career/vocation to healing past traumas. Vanessa is kind, calm and compassionate. She provides a safe and comfortable space to heal and explore. We primarily use talk therapy in our sessions, but have also used EMDR a few times and that has been very helpful as well. I recommend her highly!
none – Jul 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Vanessa Ford, MSW?
I have been seeing Vanessa for about 8 months, and have made more significant gains in that time than I did in 5+ years of talk therapy prior. I initially started seeing her for her expertise in EMDR. I had hit a plateau in traditional talk therapy, and knew I needed something more. I have symptoms of PTSD due to childhood trauma and growing up in a dysfunctional family, and after years of talk therapy, I would still be triggered by things I knew logically I shouldn't be. I knew countless techni
Ashley11 in Chicago, IL – Jun 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Vanessa Ford, MSW?
I've been seeing Vanessa for a little under a year. I had been hesitant to get into therapy to deal with past trauma and a lifetime of depression. Finally I was encouraged to see Vanessa and it has been an incredible experience. She is very patient (even while I am quite stubborn), calm, encouraging, and motivating. She has helped me with start dealing with (and defining what "dealing" means) past sexual trauma, depression and irritation issues, business struggles and a lot of self actualization
Dec 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Vanessa Ford, MSW?
Vanessa's a great therapist. The office is inviting (easy parking on the street), and she is kind, caring, and insightful. She draws on many years of experience to help you explore issues and patterns, asking thoughtful questions and listening to the answers. Highly recommended.
Chicago, IL – Sep 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Vanessa Ford, MSW?
I have been seeing Vanessa for about a year now. I had seen an excellent therapist in the past several years ago and felt that I needed a "tune up." I had been referred to her by a co-worker who had nothing but good things to say about Vanessa so I decided to give her a try. My co-worker was right! Vanessa is a caring, compassionate counselor. She's a good listener, too! The assistance she's given me is invaluable! Highly recommend!
Chicago, IL – Jul 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Vanessa Ford, MSW?
Vanessa is a fantastic listener, and provides just the right amount of input.
Chicago, IL – Jan 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Vanessa Ford, MSW?

How was your experience with Vanessa Ford?