Valerie Magrino, PMHNP-BC

Psychiatric Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)FemaleAge 45

Valerie Magrino, PMHNP-BC is a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in Shrewsbury, NJ. She is affiliated with Monmouth Medical Center. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Valerie Magrino to book an appointment.

Valerie Magrino

Valerie Magrino, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, LLC

23 White St Side Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners in your area

• Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Check if Valerie Magrino treats your condition or procedure

Valerie Magrino's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism Spectrum Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Medication Management
  • Mental Status Examination
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Schizophrenia
  • Stress Management

Valerie Magrino accepts

Valerie Magrino accepts the following insurance:

Select

Valerie Magrino's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Valerie Magrino

3.6

Valerie Magrino?
  • Appointment scheduling (15)
  • Office environment (15)
  • Staff friendliness (15)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (7)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (6)
  • Appointment was rushed (4)
She does not deserve any stars. She had placed me on two wrong medications that almost sent me to the hospital and refused to acknowledge any of my concerns. She cares about money and does not speak to you one on one. Only through her computer.
Dec 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Valerie Magrino, PMHNP-BC?
I saw Valerie several times and it became apparent that she cares more about money than her patients. I also question her medical knowledge- she once prescribed two meds that should not be given together due to a dangerous side effect. She sent the prescriptions to the pharmacy and the PHARMACIST had to point this out and would not fill it. Also, re: money- I come from a family of doctors and I don’t jump to criticize medical professionals about money like some people do. But with Valerie it was just so glaring and unprofessional. Even though I ALWAYS paid before I even saw her, at the end of appointments she would rudely tell me to pay before I leave. I know that this is your livelihood but there is a way to be professional about it. Also, when I was between insurances for a month she was very reluctant to help me out with a month sample of a new med I was on (which pharma co’s give her free and incentivize her to prescribe...) Glad I left even tho it’s been hard to find a new dr.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Valerie Magrino, PMHNP-BC?
Great Practice , Welcoming atmosphere, Valerie is great with adults and children. Trust her to make the right decisions for us.
Jamie in NJ – Dec 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Valerie Magrino, PMHNP-BC?
Valerie is truly unique. She genuinely cares, and it shows. I have emailed her many times after hours, and always received a reply. She has been there for my Intellectually Disabled daughter, and now my husband and I see her. She is definitely a 5 ??????????
Francine in NJ – Dec 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Valerie Magrino, PMHNP-BC?
I fell upon Valerie upon searching for a new doctor. I am so sorry I didn't find her sooner. She is empathic and hasn't pushed any medications on me. Her office and staff are so relaxed and comfortable. Everything is just easy. I never feel rushed. She acutally takes the time to talk and hear about what is going on.
May 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Valerie Magrino, PMHNP-BC?
Valarie does take the time to try and figure out the right medication path but at times she made me feel hopeless. Almost like I would sit there with her not knowing what to do or say. When your struggling that just makes you feel more defeated. More focused on medicine then listening to what is really going on.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Mar 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Valerie Magrino, PMHNP-BC?
Put me on medicine that made me lose my perWe don’t know if and should we continuesonality. I didn’t want to be a zombie nor gain 20 Pounds in 2 months. Doesn’t help depression to feel worse and unable to express emotions cause I’m so medicated
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Mar 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Valerie Magrino, PMHNP-BC?
We met Valerie a couple of years ago when my youngest daughter was hospitalized. There are no timers, pointing fingers, lack of compassion. My daughter and I adore Valerie. For a young woman, she has those old school values. She listens and she "feels". She comes highly recommended from our family.
Francine in Brick, NJ – Jul 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Valerie Magrino, PMHNP-BC?
Valerie is wonderful. After many years suffering with anxiety, I was recommended to her by my therapist. She is straightforward, kind, relaxed, and very knowledgeable about medications. I feel that I am finally in the right hands with my medications- understand the side effects, benefits, ways to use it as a tool.
Red Bank, NJ – Jul 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Valerie Magrino, PMHNP-BC?
Valerie listened to my concerns about my previous psychiatrist's diagnosis and evaluated the effectiveness of my medications. She helped me find a better medicine for my depression and anxiety. She listens to me more than past psych doctors and helps me through my current family situation. I'm glad I found her office.
Ashley in Red Bank, NJ – May 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Valerie Magrino, PMHNP-BC?
Valerie is wonderful! She has been incredibly compassionate and empathetic throughout my time working with her. She takes the time to thoroughly answer all of my questions, and I always feel at ease when entering and leaving her office. I've had such a great experience!
Maggie F. in Woodcliff Lake, NJ – May 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Valerie Magrino, PMHNP-BC?
Smart, warm and intelligent.
Mike G in West Long Branch – May 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Valerie Magrino, PMHNP-BC?
She doesn't listen to her patients. She decides what she thinks and that's it. She actually disagreed with me. After so few visits she had no clue as to who I was or what I was thinking. If you don't listen, you can't help. I've moved on to another practitioner who takes the time to listen to her patients.
Forked River, NJ – Apr 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Valerie Magrino, PMHNP-BC?

How was your experience with Valerie Magrino?

I believe in holistic healthcare. I treat the whole person, believing people are not just symptoms and disease. Our minds and bodies are connected and...Read more

I have 5 years of experience working with children and adolescents on the inpatient Children's Crisis Intervention Services (CCIS) unit at Monmouth Medical...Read more

• Psychiatric Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
  • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry