Dietetics  |
Tricia Sauer, RDN
I am a passionate registered dietitian nutritionist with 10 years experience in the field of medicine. I have worked with the terminally ill and elderly in both the acute care hospital setting and the skilled nursing home environment, and now with patients of all ages and nutritional/medical status in my private practice. As a hospital dietitian, I was in charge of the surgical, telemetry, ICU, and mental health units at Niagara Falls Memorial Hospital, and then became the Nutrition Department manager for over 360 residents of rapidly changing condition for both the Elderwood company, Schoellkopf healthcare, and Schoefield Residence until my journey into private practice. I opened my private practice in 2012 and took a position of employment with Buffalo Medical Group. Around this time, I was invited by the NFL to become the Registered Dietitian for the Buffalo Bills, which has truly been a highlight in my practice. In 2016 I elected to become independent again in order to foster growth and magnify my patient care under the auspices of my own management. My years of experience with all age groups, diseases, and conditions allow me to care for a wide variety of medical nutrition problems and disease states. I specialize in tube feedings and IV nutrition from my years of providing nutrition support to the critically and terminally ill. I work closely with cancer patients and those with complex diseases in addition to my expertise in metabolism and sports nutrition with pro athletes. As an RDN, the care I provide is called Medical Nutrition Therapy, where organic/food chemistry is applied to heal the human body, prolong life and prevent disease. All recommendations are evidenced based and according to current guidelines for my licensed profession. As evidence of the power that nutrition plays in disease prevention, healing and treatment has been increasing rapidly, RDNs have become a vital part of the modern medical field. Every day, I work to give patients 110% of myself, "Providing health with heart, one patient at a time"! Yours in health and happiness, Tricia Sauer, RDN CDN Buffalo Nutrition & Dietetics, PLLC

Tricia Minotti Sauer's Buffalo Nutrition and Dietetics

1207 Delaware Ave # 114

Buffalo, NY 14209

• Fidelis Care
  • Independent Health
  • Univera Healthcare

Learn about Tricia Sauer

I take my patients seriously - there is no rushing in and out of the door for them. By this I mean that I actually give each patient the amount of time that they need to learn, participate in the building of their nutrition plan (no pre-made diet plans here!), and ask questions about their condition or needs. For this reason I block at least 2 hours for all new patients, so they leave with confidence, hope and excitement about their health and goals. I ensure that follow-up is no later than 2 weeks after first visit if desired, for maximum accountability and progress. Looking forward to seeing you!

Yours in love, hope, and healing,

Tricia

• Integrative Medicine
  • Metabolic Nutrition
  • Nutritional Therapy
  • Obesity Medicine

Tricia Sauer does not have any board certifications listed.

• AIDS
  • Chronic Infections
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Dysphagia
  • Endocrine Disorders
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Heart Disease
  • Pregnancy

• Behavior Therapy
  • Nutritional Counseling
  • Nutritional Supplementation

No malpractice history found for New York.

• State University College At Buffalo
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2008
  • Buffalo General Hospital SUNY
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Women and Children's Hospital Of Buffalo
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • New Life Christian High School-Valedictorian
    Other Education | Completed

Tricia Sauer has no awards or honors listed.

Tricia Sauer has no media or publications listed.

• American Sign Language

Tricia Sauer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Tricia Sauer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Tricia Sauer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Tricia Sauer to family and friends
Tricia Sauer Says:

Thank you for your review! Please note that my patient outcomes policy is as follows, which every patient is requested to agree to before starting treatment:

Results will vary between patients, and consistent full compliance is required for the best outcomes. Lifestyle factors, medications, conditions, metabolic & nutritional status, compliance with follow-up, & environmental...

Tricia Sauer's Performance
in Buffalo, NY |
I saw Ms. Sauer for some nutritional advice and while she was pleasant to speak with, I found her nutritional advice didn't work for me. I followed her instructions and gained weight on her personalized plan. I checked with another nutritionist and she was very surprised on how many carbs were included in the diet Ms. Sauer gave to me. So, I'm guessing that was why I gained instead of losing the weight that I wanted to. Sadly I ended up 10 lbs heavier, very disappointed!
Hi Lin, I'm sorry you are displeased! I looked in my medical record and do not see that I saw a patient by your name. Please be sure you have the correct RD. Also, my practice offers metabolic testing to ensure that calorie and nutrient recommendations are quite accurate. If your plan did not work, then I recommend a follow-up for evaluation of your metabolism. Also, body fat percentage changes are important to check via calipers, as right fueling leads to muscle gains which will mask fat loss.
in Buffalo, NY |
She was really sweet and took the time to listen to what I was going through. My situation is complicated and she was very helpful and gracious with her time. I really appreciated her. Highly recommend.
in Buffalo, NY |
One of the most knowledgeable dietitians in regards to medical nutrition therapy! What sets her apart from others is her incredible warmth and kindness!! Tricia truly cares about her patients!!!
in Bordentown, NJ |
Tricia was a saving grace when I was struggling with needing special diet guidelines due to an underlying health condition. Her recommendations proved incredibly helpful and I noticed a significant change for the better after following her nutritional recommendations. She is professional and knowledgable, as well as kind and caring. I would highly recommend her to anyone seeking nutritional help.
in Buffalo, NY |
Tricia was very knowledgeable, polite, and professional. She paid close attention to what my weight loss wants were and customized a eating plan specifically to assist me so I can reach my goals. I highly recommend her services as I know you will not regret meeting with her.
West Seneca, NY |
Tricia is awesome! She is extremely knowledgeable in the latest research and explains it in clear and concise lessons. She makes specific recommendations based upon my habits and likes/dislikes. I strongly recommend Tricia to anyone looking to become healthier and stronger through a personalized eating plan.
in Gasport, NY |
I recommend Tricia to everyone! I am a client of hers and have also known her for years. This line of work is her passion and it absolutely shows. I wouldn't go to anyone else. I have had problems for years and I am finally rid of them thanks to her meal plans and other important recommendations. In any situation, I would trust this woman with my life. She not only loves and has passion for her profession, but also for each individual she comes into contact with in every aspect of her life!
in New York |
I lost 50 pounds and acheived control over my blood sugars after years of suffering, thanks to Tricia. I meant it when I said it, and I'll say it again - thank you for being born!
in Buffalo, NY |
Tricia is always a pleasure to work with - so bright and understanding. She makes it easy to understand things about my condition that have confused me for years.
in Denver, CO |
I have seen Tricia for just over a year. She is fantastic!
Have you seen Tricia Sauer, RDN?

Visit Tricia Sauer