Tricia Sauer, RDN

Tricia Sauer, RDN

Dietetics  ·
Female  ·
Tricia Sauer, RDN is a dietitian in Buffalo, NY. She specializes in dietetics, metabolic nutrition, and more.Read her story

1207 Delaware Ave # 112

• Univera Healthcare
  • YourCare Health Plan

Learn about Tricia Sauer

Tricia Sauer's bio

This content was provided by Tricia Sauer "I am a passionate registered dietitian nutritionist with over 10 years experience in the field of medicine. I have worked with the acute and terminally ill in both the hospital and skilled nursing home setting, and now with patients of all ages and nutritional/medical status in my private practice as well as with the Buffalo Bills as the sole Team RDN. As a hospital dietitian, I was in charge of the surgical, telemetry, ICU, and mental health units at Niagara Falls Memorial Hospital, and then became the Nutrition Department manager for over 360 residents for both the Elderwood company, Schoellkopf healthcare, and Schoefield Residence until my journey into private practice. I opened my practice in 2012 and joined Buffalo Medical Group, PC. Around this time, I was invited by the NFL to become the Registered Dietitian for the Buffalo Bills, which has truly been a tremendous honor and highlight to my career. My degree and intense ongoing study of human metabolism and biochemistry has contributed greatly to my knowledge of sports nutrition. In 2015 I left BMG to form an independent practice and start my own dietitian firm. I began to incorporate and integrative and functional nutrition into my practice at this time and am a proud member of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine Practice Group. As an RDN, the care I provide is called Medical Nutrition Therapy, where organic/food chemistry is applied to heal the human body, prolong life and prevent disease. It is evidenced based to the degree that we are a vital part of the health care team, and capable of healing, treating, and preventing many diseases. Appointments are free with most insurances as well, which is attributed to how effective it is! Every day, I work to give patients 110% of myself, "Providing health with heart, one patient at a time"! Yours in health, Tricia Sauer, RDN, CDN Buffalo Nutrition & Dietetics, PLLC"

This content was provided by Tricia Sauer "I take my patients seriously - there is no rushing in and out of the door for them. By this I mean that I give each patient the amount of time that they need to learn, participate in the building of their nutrition plan (no pre-made diet plans here!), and ask questions about their condition or needs. For this reason I block at least 2 hours for all new patients, so they leave with confidence, hope and excitement about their health and goals. I ensure that follow-up is no later than 2 weeks after first visit if desired, for maximum accountability and progress. Looking forward to seeing you!

Yours in health,

• Integrative Medicine
  • Metabolic Nutrition
  • Nutritional Therapy
  • Obesity Medicine

Tricia Sauer does not have any board certifications listed.

• Behavior Therapy
  • Body Composition Measurement
  • Hydrogen Breath Test (HBT)
  • Metabolic Rate Testing
  • Nutritional Counseling
  • Nutritional Supplementation

No malpractice history found for New York.

• State University College at Buffalo
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2008
  • Buffalo General Hospital SUNY
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Women And Children'S Hospital Of Buffalo
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • New Life Christian High School - Valedictorian
    Other Education | Completed

Tricia Sauer has no awards or honors listed.

Tricia Sauer has no media or publications listed.

• American Sign Language

Tricia Sauer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Tricia Sauer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Tricia Sauer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Tricia Sauer to family and friends

Tricia Sauer's Performance

Tricia Sauer Says:
"

Thank you for your review! I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to work with each and every patient. Helping you to achieve your goals and seeing you succeed gives meaning to my practice!

Please note: Results will vary between patients, & full compliance with consistent follow-up is required to achieve goals. Changes in lifestyle, medication, condition, or existing metabolic issues

...

I saw Ms. Sauer for some nutritional advice and while she was pleasant to speak with, I found her nutritional advice didn't work for me. I followed her instructions and gained weight on her personalized plan. I checked with another nutritionist and she was very surprised on how many carbs were...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Hi Lin, I'm so sorry to hear that your plan did not work for you! I am very surprised to hear about a 10# weight gain, which would mean you'd have had to consume 36,000 calories above your needs! As I never recommend carbs be above current guidelines, I am concerned that a metabolic issue is present. I suggest either a follow-up with me for metabolic testing, or a visit with an endocrinologist. Also, be sure you are seeing an RD for your advice, because anyone can be a "nutritionist" in NYS!

She was really sweet and took the time to listen to what I was going through. My situation is complicated and she was very helpful and gracious with her time. I really appreciated her. Highly recommend.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
One of the most knowledgeable dietitians in regards to medical nutrition therapy! What sets her apart from others is her incredible warmth and kindness!! Tricia truly cares about her patients!!!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Tricia was a saving grace when I was struggling with needing special diet guidelines due to an underlying health condition. Her recommendations proved incredibly helpful and I noticed a significant change for the better after following her nutritional recommendations. She is professional and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Tricia was very knowledgeable, polite, and professional. She paid close attention to what my weight loss wants were and customized a eating plan specifically to assist me so I can reach my goals. I highly recommend her services as I know you will not regret meeting with her.