Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)  |
Traci Harkins, APRN
Holistic approach to mental health treatment. Provides individual and family psychotherapy, while promoting empowerment for patients to avoid/discontinue psychopharmacologic medication as appropriate.

1 Evergreen Ave Ste 34

Hamden, CT 06518

Learn about Traci Harkins

Psychodynamic, insight, cognitive behavioral, and grief/trauma/loss resolution

• Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
  • Psychiatric Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Depressive Disorders
  • Divorce
  • Self-Esteem Problems

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Saint Joseph College, West Hartford, Ct
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2001
  • Yale University
    Medical School | Graduated 2007

Traci Harkins has no media or publications listed.

Traci Harkins does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Traci Harkins and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Traci Harkins' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Traci Harkins to family and friends
4.1
Traci Harkins Says:

Not all therapists are a good fit for patients' needs.  The holistic approach (avoiding medication for mental health issues) isn't appropriate for all individuals. Most patients who have positive experiences don't put reviews as well.

Traci Harkins' Performance
in Hamden, CT |
I am 60 and met Traci with the heaviest black cloud over my head, I couldn't see thru my own head storm. In a very short amount of time I know that all the cob webs that I have developed over the years are disappearing and I feel genuine joy again. I have the upmost respect and confidence in Traci's knowledge and compassion. I am getting up in the morning with less stress and anxiety because she is teaching me skills I will use for the rest of my life! Thank you Traci??
Cheshire, CT |
Completely unprofessional. Truly narcissistic. She lies. Do yourself a favor. See another provider.
in New Haven, CT |
I have been seeing Traci for over a year now after seeing other therapists in the past and she has by far been the best therapist I have seen. She is very compassionate and caring of her patients. I would highly recommend her.
Bridgeport, CT |
She has helped me so much in the short time I have been seeing her. She will tell you how it is but in the nicest way possible . She's great.
Milford, CT |
Tracy has been helping me for about 4 years now. I can say, truthfully, she has helped me reach a level of happiness and fufullment in my life that I could not imagine. The thing that makes Tracy different than anyone else out there is that she digs to the root cause of any issue at your level of comfort. Her personality and 'office' environment makes it easy to feel at home and connected with her and yourself. I recommend Tracy to anyone needing a guiding light or an open and welcoming ear.
North Branford, CT |
Traci is just an all around great person to talk to. She is open minded, and has life experience that I feel most people her age do not. She really opened my eyes to a new world.
in New Haven, CT |
Traci is an extremely compassionate, empathetic, and knowledgeable professional who has helped me get through a difficult time in my life. I highly recommend Traci to anyone who needs a down-to-earth and intelligent psychiatrist to talk to in times of need.
Wolcott, CT |
Horrible , I would advise people to choose their providers carefully , after telling part of my story ... She told me she couldn't accept and thanks for reaching out and good luck ... Really ! I felt horrible mentally to begin with and for some one to sa y that to you made me feel even worse about myself ... big red flag .. Huge !!!! I'm sure there are many Great Therapists .. She is not !!!!
I ran out of antidepressant medication when I started seeing this provider and she would not prescribe a taper for me to safely wean off the medication. I was sick for a week with headaches, mood swings and nausea and was only told to take some vitamins to help. It was a terrible experience and not safe in my opinion.
in North Haven, CT |
Traci has been such a positive influence in my life. She is very professional and has helped me navigate through my post-divorcre life. She is very knowledgable and has referred me to a wealth of information (books, articles, web sites etc.). I always look forward to meeting with Traci, she is a pleasure to work with.
in Haddam, CT |
Traci has helped me so much. She is very focused on holistic approaches and has really challenges me to work on things I need to work on. I have grown tremendously working with her and have much better coping mechanisms. I have learned to recognize my negative patterns and change my behavior and responses to situations. I love her pragmatic approach. I can't speak highly enough about Traci- I moved to almost 50 minutes away and would never consider finding someone new.
Have you seen Traci Harkins, APRN?
Are you Traci Harkins?

Yale - New Haven Hospital
20 York St
New Haven, CT 06510

Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
Psychiatric Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)