Tonya Kallmeyer, PA

Physician Assistant (PA) ·  Female · Age 45

Tonya Kallmeyer

Tonya Kallmeyer, PA is a physician assistant in Virginia Beach, VA. She graduated from Eastern Virginia Medical School and specializes in physician assistant (pa) and adult psychiatry.

Make an appointment

Tonya Kallmeyer accepts

Tonya Kallmeyer accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Tonya Kallmeyer treats your condition or procedure

• Physician Assistant (PA)
  • Adult Psychiatry

2.8

Tonya Kallmeyer?
Tonya Kallmeyer's Performance
What People Say About Tonya Kallmeyer, PA
I have been seeing Tonya for almost five years now and I am so sad to see her go! It is always such a relief to find a psychiatrist that really listens to you. She is the only doctor who who has stuck with me through many trials of different meds and been flexible and open-minded while always expressing her professional opinion. Hopefully her replacement at Virginia Behavioral Medicine is just as good. I wish Tonya could move and take all her patients with her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Tonya Kallmeyer, PA?
Tonya has a god complex and does not like to be questioned or challenged. When you work in an area that deals with health and wellness, the provider needs to take a collaborative approach with their patients. Tonya does not know how to do that. She becomes defensive and raises her tone when she does not like your questions or requests. She is also very rigid and lacks compassion. I DO NOT recommend her. Do yourself a favor and seek services elsewhere!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Tonya Kallmeyer, PA?
Tonya lacks the ability to listen. Instead of listening to me explain my symptoms she kept asking irrelevant questions. She fought with me about the treatment regimen that I wanted. Both times I saw her I felt like I had to power struggle with her just to get my symptoms under control. I know what works for me and what doesn’t. She refused to hear me and replied “I am the provider and I will make the decision.” Needless to say, I will NOT be going back! Patients should have a say in their care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Tonya Kallmeyer, PA?
Tonya is excellent with her diagnosis and treatment. She has incredible “bedside manner”. Her openness and honesty regarding medication and treatment is also appreciated.
×Post a ResponseAre you Tonya Kallmeyer, PA?
Ms. Kallmeyer lacked compassion and insight. Seemed to only know how to match drugs with symptoms. She expected that drugs alone would completely stop all symptoms and kept adding drugs when she didn't get her miracle cure. Paid no attention to interactions with non-psych drugs. Thought flat affect was an indication of disorder while patient was taking lithium. Clearly lacked depth of understanding regarding the conditions she was trying to treat. Not trying to be harsh, just honest.
×Post a ResponseAre you Tonya Kallmeyer, PA?
First review, awesome! Let me do every one a favor, STAY AWAY FROM THIS LADY!!! I have been suffering from MDD for 12 years. Along the years I picked up 3 more mental disabilities. I recently moved to VB and needed to find a doctor. I found her. Let's just say I was on 3 medications with my previous doctor and was doing well, this lady decides to switch up my medications on me. Almost costing me my job because of how the medicines affected me. She did not care about me at all. She discontinued s
×Post a ResponseAre you Tonya Kallmeyer, PA?
Worst Dr I have had was going to her because my doctor switch practices in another city but she has an anger issue and will start yelling at you if she doesn't like what she's hearing from you or you don't do whatever she says
×Post a ResponseAre you Tonya Kallmeyer, PA?
Tonya is very helpful and thoroughly explains any questions I ask and also goes over everything with me about the issues/problems that I have. She's friendly and makes me feel very comfortable. Those are two very hard things to find when choosing a health provider. I've recommended her to several people. I'm so happy to have her as my health provider!
×Post a ResponseAre you Tonya Kallmeyer, PA?

How was your experience with Tonya Kallmeyer?

Compare Providers