Tina Connan, LMHC

Tina Connan, LMHC

Behavioral Therapy  ·
Female  ·
Tina Connan, LMHC is a behavioral therapist in Boca Raton, FL. She specializes in behavioral therapy, counseling, and more.Read her story

7301 W Palmetto Park Rd Ste 201A

Boca Raton, FL 33433

Learn about Tina Connan

Tina Connan's bio

This content was provided by Tina Connan "As a Nationally Certified Counselor and Licensed Mental Health Counselor I opened TLC Coaching & Counseling, with a vision of guiding, supporting and empowering people to live their lives to their fullest. Educated at The University of Wisconsin at Madison and receiving a degree in Psychology, I later graduated with honors and distinction from NYIT with a Masters of Professional Studies in Human Relations. I take pride in individualizing every treatment plan I create with extensive knowledge and dedication to my patients. I started my therapy career working with children, adolescents and their families as a NYC public school teacher. I am New York and Florida Certified to teach grades K-12. I enjoyed working with children so much that I decided becoming a psychotherapist was the career path I needed to take. Although I really loved teaching, I knew I had an affinity for establishing and maintaining a trust with people; that trust that would ultimately provide support and encourage change in them and I was able to provide those services as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor. In 1994, I moved from NYC to Boca Raton. She established her private practice and began to implement an eclectic approach. She has never lost sight of her passion of working with and empowering children and adolescents. That is also when Teen Life Coaching was born. I knew that in order for children and adolescents to achieve their fullest potential, I would have to include the members of the family in the process. This opened the door to working with parenting issues, women's issues, children of divorce, single parent and blended family issues. All of which ultimately impact the children I am an active participant within the Boca Raton, Palm Beach County and Broward County Communities where I donate time and professional services to those members of the community who are in need of therapeutic and educational services, yet do not have insurance or the financial means. In addition to being a prominent therapist, I have been interviewed many times for publications such as The Boca Raton Observer, presented at conferences and to general audiences speaking on various topics such as: child and adolescent behaviors, positive parenting, speaking so your child will listen, diversity and discrimination, bullying, cyberbullying, relationship issues, empowerment, navigating the public and private school systems, and many other topics. My therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help people effectively address personal life challenges. I use various complementary methodologies and techniques so I can offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each patient. With compassion and understanding, i work with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing. I invite you to contact me at (561) 901-0904 or visit my website to email me in order to schedule an on-line therapy or life coaching session, (Skype or FaceTime ) or a face-to-face in office visit in Boca Raton."

This content was provided by Tina Connan ""The main reason why I became a therapist was because when I was a (school) teacher I came in contact with a lot of children and adolescents who had issues that weren't being addressed properly.  I was always very easy to talk to and the kids would seek me out in order to tell me their problems.  I realized that I could help them by becoming a therapist, learn ways to appropriately handle their various issues with nurturance, support, kindness and guidance.  I made a commitment and took it upon myself to help children and adolescents so that they could become happy, confident, independent, self-sufficient members of society.""

• Behavioral Therapy
  • Individual Counseling
  • Life Coaching
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • School Counseling

Tina Connan does not have any board certifications listed.

• Counseling Services
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief Therapy

• University Of Wisconsin / Madison
    Undergraduate School | Graduated

Tina Connan has no awards or honors listed.

Tina Connan has no media or publications listed.

Tina Connan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Tina Connan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Tina Connan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Tina Connan to family and friends

Tina Connan's Performance

Tina Connan Says:
"

...

All I can say is that Tina understands me, my pain and my struggles and is here to help me get through and is definitely teaching me how to change my thoughts, perceptions, behaviors and I have definitely gotten better. Tina ROCKS!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
We've been to other therapists and my child has not liked ANY of them. We met Tina and my daughter really likes her and is not only willing to go to see her, she actually looks forward to speaking with Tina. Tina told us that she would be our guide and go through this experience together - and she...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Waaaay TOO hard to get ahold of! Doesn’t answer emails either, it’s been disappointing. We are looking elsewhere :(
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Our daughter has having a terrible time with our divorce. She was angry all the time and had a very nasty attitude with us. It was so difficult to be around her. We were getting worried about her. We called Tina and she made us feel so confident that things were going to change for the better after...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Thank you so very much for giving me the opportunity to work with your daughter and to help her to feel better and gain coping skills.

Nearby providers with similar experience

Clinical Psychology