Contact provider for availability

Dr. Timothy Teague, PHD

Counseling ·  Male

Dr. Teague
16159 Hamilton Station Rd Waterford, VA 20197

Dr. Timothy Teague, PHD is a counselor in Waterford, VA. He specializes in counseling.

Dr. Teague accepts

Dr. Teague accepts the following insurance:

Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Teague treats your condition or procedure

• Counseling

Dr. Teague's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Teague

3.0

Dr. Teague?
Dr. Teague's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Timothy Teague, PHD
Dr. Teague admitted that he had reservations about taking on our case. He dud anyway and ignored me, the mother. He said that he just wanted to help. In this regard he crossed a professional boundary and showed poor judgment. Among his mistakes he allowed my ex-husband to record a detailed voicemail I left for Dr. T. and he did so in the presence of my young daughter. When my ex asked Dr. T a question he did not answer knowing that he was being recorded in what would be a couetc exhibit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Teague, PHD?
Very helpful! He inquired about our story so he would know where we're coming from. He took the time to listen. He was very professional and had a calm demeanor. Offered some great insight. We highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Teague, PHD?
I have to say that working with Dr. Tim in regards to our son has really been wonderful. He is honest, caring and wants the best to come out of every meeting. He will call you out (professionally) on your BS, and that has helped a lot with our son. He listens carefully to all you have to say, and provides thoughtful feedback. Never has he come across as aggressive or contentious. I'm very grateful to have met him and to have him help guide our son. THANK YOU DR. TIM!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Teague, PHD?
I would not recommend Timothy Teague. I experienced a strange vibe, too, and a hostile tone on more than one occasion. When issues arose that contradicted his opinions, he was judgmental, overly critical and shaming. He did not even disguise it with his body language, tone of voice and facial expressions. He would not accept or even validate alternative perspectives. He was contentious; he took sides and shamed. It just fanned the flames of an already smoldering situation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Teague, PHD?
Dr. Teague provided no actual help or advice. Dr. Teague takes sides and will not honestly examine a situation from all perspectives. His extremely confrontational and inappropriate attitude was unprecedented among the counselors that I have seen before. He actually lost his temper and began YELLING! I absolutely do not recommend Dr. Teague to anyone who wants to have a counselor to honestly work through issues without extreme bias towards one side of a conflict.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Teague, PHD?
Dr. Teague has good intentions but we did not click. I felt an uncomfortable, strange, negative, aggressive vibe between us and after giving it some time, realized he was more interested in making his point than listening and collaborating. I truly felt attacked! I've seen other counselors periodically and even though I was eager to look at my issues and willing to be vulnerable, my experience with him was ultimately terrible. Nice guy but I cannot recommend him. Good luck on your journey!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Teague, PHD?
I really enjoy his approach. He clearly knows what he's doing and I went to him for many years. It all depends on what personality you like in a counselor and he's really friendly. I'm impressed and will see him again if I move back to the area.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Teague, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Teague?

Compare Providers