Timothy Quinn, LCSW-R

Timothy Quinn, LCSW-R

Substance Abuse Counseling  ·
Timothy Quinn, LCSW-R is a substance abuse counselor in Old Forge, NY and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from Syracuse University in 1998 and specializes in substance abuse counseling and clinical social work.Read his story

239 Moose River Trl

Old Forge, NY 13420

(315) 896-2049

Learn about Timothy Quinn

Timothy Quinn's bio

This content was provided by Timothy Quinn "Hello: I facilitate Individual, Couples, and Group Therapy for - Adults, Adult Substance-Users, Couples, and Persons Suffering the Lingering Effects of Family-of-Origin Shock, Trauma, Abuse, and Neglect. I am Passionate about Studying and Facilitating Therapies that Resolve Shock, Trauma, Abuse, and Neglect. Experiences of such result in so many issues, I think myself a fool to attempt to list them all. Instead, I'll state that most issues we experience today result directly from Shock, Trauma, Abuse, and Neglect. In Addition, I enjoy Facilitating People's Learning to Communicate Lovingly & Effectively. Choosing a Career in Clinical Social Work, and Functioning as a Mental / Emotional / Spiritual Health Therapist grew out of Natural Desire. To explain, the demeanor that serves clients well in therapy today was onboard with me as a child. I was interested in other's well-being, gentle & compassionate; yet persistent & thorough. A THERAPIST CAN FACILITATE YOUR RECOVERY ONLY as FAR as THEY HAVE TAKEN THEIRS What Distinguishes me from other Therapists The Therapies I employ are Consistently Effective; Most Clients Report Permanent Change. I have Broad Training & Experience in the Non-ordinary States of Conscious Therapies - Breathwork and Hypnotherapy. My training was mostly Experiential; i.e., trained by participating in my own therapy. If you browse the books "Overcoming Shock", by: Diane Zimberoff, LMFT; and "We are All in Shock", by: Stephanie Mines, PhD, you may sense how virtually all people in America; including myself, at some points in time, experience prolonged shock. Hence, if I was to assist people in bridging the gap between not having what they want and having what they want, I needed first to do my own therapy. Having done so; and continuing with "Experiential Therapy", as well as participating in "Peer Supervision", I continue to broaden the invaluable experience & learning that makes for an evolving, seasoned, effective therapist; able to facilitate "RestorativeXperiences". I Provide a Wealth of Pertinent Information for clients to work with as they navigate the therapy process. I have a reference library of, approximately, 400 CDs, 30 Videos, and hundreds of books & writings. All titles are available for the asking. While such materials aren't necessary to be restored to your natural rhythms, they do provide comfort along the way. I Offer a Full Range of Treatment Options; Designed to meet Most Needs & Budgets. To explain, because restoration is best facilitated in 90-plus- minute sessions, I often suggest such. However, I will facilitate 50-minute sessions, if need be. For those who prefer the 90-minute session, but have time-restrictions, and/or financial concerns, I often suggest meeting bi-weekly. Also, in order to fare well in any type of Mental / Emotional / Spiritual Therapy, the research strongly suggests that Individual Therapy be combined; at some point in time, with Group Therapy. Subsequently, I facilitate Adult Group Therapy, also. These sessions are very helpful to the process of "Personal Transformation"; in that the client gets opportunities to learn & test new skills in community with safe others. My Limited Schedule Supports Client's Achieving the Outcome(s) they Desire. By limiting the number of clients I see per day, and the number of days I work per week, I am consistently fully present for clients. Being fully present allows me to provide the heart-felt personal attention most people need to get unstuck and manifest the change(s) they desire. "

This content was provided by Timothy Quinn "People I Work with Desire to Resolve; Once and for All, the Issues they bring to Therapy. The therapies that I employ consistently achieve that end. That is to say, they result in your Natural Rhythms being restored to as near their optimal settings as possible. Thereafter, you will forever perceive & experience yourself & the world profoundly differently. Eventually, you will achieve the state of Equilibrium (Mental/Emotional Balance); the state of "being" from which life is best lived. Then you will feel contented, be consistently able to evolve, and your life will be joyful; not only occasionally, but usually. Sessions are facilitated worldwide, via secure tele-conference, telephone or in-person."

• Substance Abuse Counseling
  • Clinical Social Work

Timothy Quinn does not have any board certifications listed.

• Breathing Treatment
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Grief Therapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Therapy
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for New York.

• State University Of New York
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1996
  • Albany Citizens Council On Alcoholism
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Syracuse University
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • Wellness Institute-Hypnotherapy
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2003

Timothy Quinn has no awards or honors listed.

Timothy Quinn has no media or publications listed.

Timothy Quinn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Timothy Quinn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Timothy Quinn's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Timothy Quinn

4.2

Timothy Quinn?
Timothy Quinn's Performance
What People Say About Timothy Quinn, LCSW-R
I went to Tim about 5 years ago to deal with issues involving low self-esteem. In the process, I shared with him that my tall skinny blonde friend had guys constantly sniffing around her like dogs in heat. He advised me that I should look for men that are interested in me for my "personality"...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Timothy Quinn, LCSW-R?
Tim Quinn is straight forward and direct; he often told me what I did not want to hear but nevertheless needed to hear. His approach to recovery is intuitive, creative and requires honesty. Honesty to self as well as others. He made it possible for me to release past traumas and to build a life of...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Timothy Quinn, LCSW-R?
I would recomend Tim Quinn to anybody who would like to get there life back on track. Getting your life back on track will take time and patience. Tim will provide you with the necessary tools that will assist you in accomplishing your goal to a better life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Timothy Quinn, LCSW-R?

How was your experience with Timothy Quinn?