Dr. Timothy Hanna, DPM

Dr. Timothy Hanna, DPM

Podiatric Surgery  ·

Dr. Timothy Hanna, DPM is a podiatric surgery specialist in Louisville, KY and has been practicing for 4 years. He specializes in podiatric surgery and podiatric foot & ankle surgery.Read his story

Hanna Ankle and Foot

3901 Dutchmans Ln Ste 104

Louisville, KY 40207

Learn about Dr. Hanna

See how frequently Dr. Hanna performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ankle Sprains and Strains
Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
Ankle Fracture

Dr. Hanna's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Hanna's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Hanna "I couldn't be more excited to be here in Louisville in private practice of my own. Although I have been in the medical community of Kentuckiana since 2011, doors opened to Hanna Ankle & Foot on August 6, 2018. No expense was withheld to make sure my patients feel comfortable and get the best possible care that can be provided. I certainly hope you come by and see us. I lived in the same farm house in Akron, OH from the day I was born until I left for college. My parents had me constantly working around the house doing everything from paving driveways to gardening. This instilled the work ethic that sticks with me today. I grew up loving lacrosse, water skiing, SCUBA diving, and snow skiing. These passions led me to Colorado State University. At Colorado State, these same passions led me to pursue a Health and Exercise Science major, which I completed in 2006. I spent the next year trying figure out exactly which medical field I wanted to pursue, shadowing many specialties, and doing medical missionary trips to Peru, which was a life altering experience. I went on to choose Podiatry, over Orthopedics (medical school) and Oral Maxofacial surgery (dental school) for a multitude of reasons, and I have never regretted that choice. I graduated from The Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine in 2011 with honors and also served as class president throughout my time. During my last year of school I did exterships at some of the finest institutions in the country including Yale University and Brown University. While offered a residency spots at all of my rotations, The Kentucky Podiatric Residency Program immediately stood head and shoulders above the others, in my opinion. During my three years at Norton Hospital for residency, I was provided experiences most podiatrists are never afforded, most especially 6 months of Orthopedic trauma rotations performing surgeries on the hand, hip, knee, shoulder, arm, and wrist. While trauma was the backbone of the rotations, I had an immense amount of exposure to total joint procedures as well. My last year I served as chief resident. During this time, I participated in research as well, including publishing an article about cadaver replacement of achilles tendons with chronic tears. After graduating in 2011, I was in practice for 4 years in a group. During that time I worked very hard to hone my skills surgically, and became one of the busiest foot and ankle surgeons in the country. After a great four years, it was time to spread my wings and take a swing at private practice. Opening Hanna Ankle & Foot has been the most immensely rewarding experiences in my life. I am so proud of what we have here today and can't wait to share it with the Louisville community."

This content was provided by Dr. Hanna "I HATE going to the doctor. Honestly, I really don't know too many people that do. Since I have been in practice, I have taken a lot of pride to not just provide quality care, but have a personal relationship with my patients. Lower extremity injuries and surgery, affects your life in many ways. The patient can't work, drive a car, take care of their families, etc. I take pride in the healing of body as well as soul. Opening this practice on my own gives me the ability to provide a space that reflects this. So come on it and check it out. From routine care and ingrown nails, to trauma, sports medicine, and recontructive surgery. I genuinely want you to look forward to your next visit. - Dr Timothy Hanna"

• Podiatric Surgery

• Hammer Toe
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Sever's Disease
  • Stress Fracture of Foot

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• Colorado State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2006
  • Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2011
  • Kentucky Podiatric Residency Program- Norton Hospital- Louisville, KY
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Hanna has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hanna does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hanna and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Schedule Online Now

Dr. Hanna's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hanna

Dr. Hanna?
Dr. Hanna's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Timothy Hanna, DPM
RecentHighestLowest
Dr Hanna seen me in a timely manner and was great today! Got what i needed and was on my way.
Anonymous – Sep 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Hanna, DPM?
I was in a horrific accident in 2014 . Dr Hanna fixed my ankle,foot,and toes . i was told by other doctors I would lose my leg . Never walk again . Thanks to my foot and ankle family I dance .:) He was the only one who didnt give up on me.
Anonymous – Sep 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Hanna, DPM?
His awesome was more like a spa than a medical complex. I certainly hope I don't have to go back but if I do, I know I am in good hands
Anonymous A. – Aug 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Hanna, DPM?
Dr Hanna is one of the most caring doctors I have been too. I tried to get other opinions but KNOW other doctor wanted to mess with my ankle. Dr Hanna is kind, caring and will go to any length to make sure you understand exactly want was going on. Every other doctor just wanted to fuse the...Read More
Anonymous – Aug 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Hanna, DPM?
Dr. Hanna was my surgeon while I was in the hospital and unfortunately I had to have a transmetarsal amputation. He preformed that surgery and has continued my follow-up care. He is not just one of the best Doctors in his craft. He is also one of the kindest. I’m very fortunate that Dr. Hanna was...Read More
Amy Willard in Mt. Washington , KY – Aug 16, 2018
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Hanna?