Contact provider for availability

Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD

Marriage & Family Therapy ·  Male

Dr. Evans
2111 W Swann Ave Ste 104 Tampa, FL 33606

Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD is a marriage & family therapist in Tampa, FL. He specializes in marriage & family therapy.

Dr. Evans accepts

Dr. Evans accepts the following insurance:

Preferred PPO
Tampa Bay CoreNet
Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Dr. Evans treats your condition or procedure

• Marriage & Family Therapy

Dr. Evans' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Evans

2.2

Dr. Evans?
Dr. Evans' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD
Dr Evans told me that i should leave my husband and get myself into therapy. He said he didnt care if we came back again or not (even when we didnt say anything to him (?)) and was shaking his leg like crazy while we were in there. It was the most bizzare experience we ever encountered. We went in there to get help with our marriage and we walked out with go find anotherTherapist and for me to leave my husband.. umm no! Run run run away from this doc!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD?
Totally agree, wish we’d seen these reviews before booking an appt. On approx 10 words of answers he allowed (in our 2 short sessions) Tim provided a sarcastic monologue making cute references to psychological modalities (to show how smart he is) and a contemptuous, antagonistic critique of judgmental vomit for us to consider. What a joke. And this guy overseas new students? Shameful. Run away as fast as you can. This guy is harmful to good mental health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD?
This session was border-line abusive. He spent the hour not listening to anything I said and making quick judgements. Anytime I would disagree and say that characterization is not accurate and elaborate he would cut me off and say he was not going to debate me. What debate – his job is to listen and assess and provide constructive feedback not condescending remarks. He told me I was the problem and that I wasn’t open to suggestions. He belittled me and made me doubt my abilities as a parent
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD?
If I could rate him a negative, I would. If you’re interested in hearing an overgrown man’s arrogant, insulting, one-sided, insensitive and insecure opinion masquerading cowardly behind the word “psychology” by all means enjoy your time with him. I feel sorry for anyone who has ever seen him as their first POC with any therapy session as no doubt his negativity and blaming behavior ruined them. He was distracted by his own texts during our meeting his views on therapy border liable and criminal
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD?
Waste of time and money. I do not recommend him at all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD?
Combative, Divisive, Cruel, Arrogant, Angry. If those are the traits you are looking for in a therapist, he is the man for you. Check out his background when he lost his job as a professor. His track record as a professional is consistently awful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD?
Worst therapist I’ve ever dealt with. He tried to convince me I was the entire problem in my relationship...not the controlling and abusive guy I was with. He would yell at me, belittle me and tried to tell me to quit my job and move away from my family business. I’m not sure who was worse, my abuser or my therapist. After a few sessions, my self worth was destroyed and it took me years to get it back. Got rid of the guy and the therapist and couldn’t be happier. He dangerous!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD?
If I could give this man a zero I would. I came in today to deal with a dramatic experience I had at work and he was rude and cut me off several times. He told me that he doesn’t deal on logic only psychology and basically made me feel like I was wasting his time. I only wanted someone to listen to what I feeling and he could have cared less. Everyone it’s a doctor just because that have the title.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD?
I wanted to take My time to really put a comment here. I was looking for a doctor with a PH D ( which is actually really hard) through my provider and was really skeptical because of the reviews I read. I have a psychologist I use to go to but couldn’t keep going because of the hours. I got a new job. So my bf and I went because we want to get married and have been having problems. This doctor is FRICKIN AMAZING!!! He is very direct and that is why he gets bad reviews. He is really really good
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD?
I would never recommend this therapist to anyone. He was rude and used bad language. He was condescending. If I tried to talk, he would interrupt me. He never took the time to even get to know me before he tore into me. He seemed very angry in general. I wonder if he hates his job or life. I felt no compassion or encouragement. I felt attacked the entire time I was there.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD?
Working with Dr. Evans has helped me change my life for the better, long term. Other posts mention some of his straightforwardness, but I find his technique insightful and productive.. It was challenging at first, but once I got out of my own way, I've been able to do the work necessary to become a courageous fulfilled individual. My relationships flourish b/c of it. I appreciate his dedication to this field and I have a great deal of confidence referring people to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD?
If you want someone to listen to your story, agree with and support all of your decisions, and praise you for the amazing human being that you are, call your mother. If you want self-awareness, personal improvement and insight into your own actions, and the courage to make better choices for yourself so that you can create a better life, see Dr. Timothy Evans.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD?
I've gained so much... a better understanding of myself/thoughts/actions, the ability and openness to understand, the willingness to be vulnerable and the strength to truly forgive and let go. It might not always be easy, but it has always been worth it. Dr. Evans might not be for everyone but he is definitely for me. He takes a no BS straight forward approach to getting to the root of your "issues". He will tell you what you need to hear even if its not what you want to hear.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD?
He is not a good listener or even a good therapist for that matter. He constantly cut me off mid sentence without letting me complete a thought. Lacked compassion or sympathy towards me who was there to discuss grieving my father. Told me I was acting like a victim which really angered me. I did not feel the need or want to open up to him with his aggressive comments towards me. Constantly brought up my sex life, saying I lacked one when I was not even on that topic. Overall he creeped me out.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD?
Dr Evans has helped me greatly. He tells you exactly like it is. If you really want to make an improvement in your life and your thinking, this is a great doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD?
BEWARE!!! The most narcissistic, condescending, rude, and disrespectful therapist ever. If you are looking to better yourself or your marriage, this is not your guy. If you're wanting to be emotionally raped or are star-glazed by the fact that he and his wife have multi-million dollar NFL players as clients...then this is your guy. This guy is extremely dangerous if you're teetering on your emotional edge. I cannot encourage you enough to run, not walk, RUN away from this guy. Please. RUN.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD?
Worst experience with a therapist ever!!! I felt as if he was trying to break me down and I had to ask him several times to please stop being so aggressive and yelling at me. I really should have walked out. If anyone is feeling depressed or questioning their own self worth, stay away from this man!!! You will leave feeling worse about yourself and charge you for it!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD?
Horrible experience. This guys is the WORST. He is narcissistic and will RUIN your marriage. Stay away!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD?
I would not recommend this clinician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Evans, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Evans?