Tim Smyth, MFT

Tim Smyth, MFT

Marriage & Family Therapy  ·
Tim Smyth, MFT is a marriage & family therapist in Santa Clarita, CA. He specializes in marriage & family therapy, child psychology, and more.Read his story

25050 Peachland Ave Ste 250

Santa Clarita, CA 91321

• Health Net

Learn about Tim Smyth

Tim Smyth's bio

This content was provided by Tim Smyth "I have been licensed for over 26 years. I have a range of personal and clinical experience which provides a rich background for the work i do with my clients. I have training or education in a variety of psychological theories and treatments but I tend to do most of my work within the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy realm. This is because it has been most extensively studied, researched, and proven statistically and anecdotally as a best practice in the treatment of most psychiatric disorders. After receiving my MA and my MFT license I continued my education and earned a doctorate in Clinical Psychology. I have worked in a variety of community mental health and drug treatment facilities. My range of experience makes it hard for me to answer any question about which my primary specialty may be. "

This content was provided by Tim Smyth "I work to help people find happiness/satisfaction in the face of many challenges and setbacks. I believe strongly that everyone has an "inner therapist" that can be activated and enhanced to help them become independent and effective problem solvers. I help people achieve better control over their lives through mindfulness and a more balanced approach to managing beliefs and attitudes. "We are what we believe and we see the world not as it is but as we are"."

• Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Adolescent Psychology
  • Anxiety Disorders
  • Child Psychology
  • Life Coaching
  • Telemedicine

Tim Smyth does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy
  • Stress Management
  • Telemedicine

No malpractice history found for California.

• California State University Northridge
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1987

Tim Smyth has no awards or honors listed.

Tim Smyth has no media or publications listed.

Tim Smyth does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Tim Smyth and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Tim Smyth's Reviews

Be the first to leave a review

Tim Smyth?

How was your experience with Tim Smyth?