Thomas Recher, AUD

AudiologyMaleAge 33

Thomas Recher

Mid Island Audiology

3022 Merrick Rd Wantagh, NY 11793

Thomas Recher, AUD is a Audiology in Wantagh, NY. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Thomas Recher to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Audiology in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for New York

• Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hearing Screening
  • Tinnitus

Thomas Recher accepts

Thomas Recher accepts the following insurance:

Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Medicare

Thomas Recher's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Thomas Recher

Thomas Recher
Dr. Tom was running late, his assistant called to make sure that was ok with me (it was) and then told me Dr Tom was late because he was on a HOME VISIT with an elderly patient with mobility problems. How lovely and unheard of is that? I was given a thorough exam & my hearing loss confirmed. He explained I was a candidate for hearing aids (!) and how it could improve my quality of life. (I am only 53). He was kind and spoke w/ me at length explaining how it works & that my insurance covered 100%. I tried one on, to see how it felt & he turned it on to give me an idea of how it may sound when fitted for me. My visit lasted longer than a typical Dr visit. I had many questions that he patiently and thoughtfully answered, and spoke with me until I felt comfortable. It was well after 7 pm when I left his office. So, if you are in need of an audiologist, Dr. Tom is the best there is! Big thanks for help making to make a not-so-easy medical decision a bit more confidently.
Kelly G. – Sep 13, 2021
Dr.Recher is calm and understanding. He will answer any questions you have and he doesn’t rush you.
Carole – Sep 10, 2021
Who would have thought that my having to get hearing aids at the age of 58 would be such an uplifting and good experience. Thanks to Dr. Tom Recher and his staff (Carlene and Michael) at Mid Island Audiology it was!!! The office is welcoming and everyone is professional, personable, and positive. I had great conversations with the Dr. He was a joy to talk with and is truly a knowledgeable, caring and positive person. There was no sales pressure whatsoever. They worked with my insurance company to fit me with high quality hearing aids that are barely visible. I am so happy with my choice of providers and know for fact that you will be too!! It feels great to hear again! Christina Squadrito Heedles Owner Long Island Centerpiece Rentals
Christina Squadrito Heedles – Aug 28, 2021
Excellent
M.Bilgrei – May 21, 2021
Dr. Recher and his staff are second to none! Once I admitted that I needed hearing aids the search to find where and how to get help was daunting. Forget the big box stores unless you want to be left on your own and having to deal with a new person each time there is an issue or question. Also forget about the on-line purchases where someone will always be there to help you...they never call back and when they do they are of no "remote help". If I hadn't chosen Dr. Recher to purchase my aids, they would have been thrown in the garbage long ago and I wouldn't now be enjoying hearing again. Dr. Recher provides "white glove service" and is very patient with folks like me! He is always available and does everything possible to make sure that his patients experience the best possible outcome. For those of you that still haven't purchased your aids, I'll say it louder....DR. RECHER IS THE BEST AUDIOLOGIST OUT THERE AND WORTH WHATEVER DRIVE IT MAY TAKE TO GET TO ONE OF HIS OFFICES!
Mark H – Apr 30, 2021
Yes I’d definitely recommend Dr. Thomas Recher, for he’s got the qualifications of what and how an audiologist should be and even more than that.. it’s like he works on helping you the best way possible to get all your needs to the best performance. Dr. Recher’s place and work should be known as a place where dreams become reality! He gives his clients undivided time and makes appointments as conveniently as possible. Dr. Recher is one of the best audiologist I’ve had so far. I highly recommend Dr. Recher and no one leaves his place unsatisfied.
M. Ali – Mar 03, 2021
Dr. Recher is phenomenal!!!! He has a genuine kindness about him in helping patients feel the very best they can. He is patient, takes his time and explains all you need to know both about your condition and health, as well as offering advice on how to become and remain healthy. He is a gem. The office is spotless and soothing with a sense of ZEN throughout each room. Last but not least, Carline who is Dr. Tom’s right hand girl at the front desk is an amazingly sweet, knowledgeable and kind person as well. She plays a major part in the ZEN throughout the office. What a team they make. Don’t hesitate. Call the office now! It will be the best call you’ve made in a long time. You will leave there feeling peaceful and healthy.
Joan Flaherty – Dec 18, 2020
Dr Recher has been a lifesaver to us. My mom moved to Long Island last year and we needed to find a new audiologist. I called Dr Recher after doing some research and reading positive reviews. He is so patient and understanding. He really took the time to get to know my mom and her concerns. She is hearing better then she has in so many years. She is even talking on the phone and she hasn’t done that so long because she simply couldn’t hear well with the hearing aids she was using He is extremely knowledgeable and so up to date on new technology. If your looking for an audiologist dont hesrimate to call Dr. Recher. He will improve your life!
Traci Demeri – Dec 18, 2020
Dr Rechter was exceptional. He demonstrated great patience in helping my mom (who is 95) with her hearing device. He went out of his way with the supplier repairing the device and was very responsive to follow-up queries. Staff was very professional and friendly.
Rich Dapcic – Nov 17, 2020
Dr Recher of Mid Island Audiology has to be the most kind, passionate and caring audiologist I’ve ever been to. I usually don’t leave reviews unless I have an exceptionally good or bad experience. In this situation I felt compelled to express my positive experiences with Mid Island Audiology. Aside from Dr Recher personally his facility is clean, his equipment is all brand new with the most cutting edge technology. To me that matters as I know Mid island Audiology will always be at the forefront of the most effective treatments. So for anyone reading this, look no further and best of luck with your hearing health.
Joseph Mondello – Nov 10, 2020
Since this was my first visit to check for possible hearing loss, I was apprehensive and even scared to test for fear of a negative result. Nevertheless, I went and was very surprised and greatful to find that Dr. Recher was kind and informative even prior to the exam. Dr Recher explained the equipment and the procedure which was helpful in making me feel at ease. He asked my profession which proved helpful to him and me in understanding the reason for my hearing loss once the results were obtained. Dr. Recher has given me the option to call him in the even that in the future I have questions or hearing problems I need to discuss prior to making a decision to purchase hearing aides. In my opinion, Dr Recher has a great future. I would absolutely recommend Dr Recher to my family and friends.
Sarah Pener – Jul 08, 2020
He is a kind, very responsible, Knowledgeable, friendly doctor. I highly recommend him.
Jul 02, 2020
My visit was great with Thomas. My five year old son needed his ears checked for school Thomas handled him with such care and patience I will recommend him to anyone looking for an ears Specialist.
Kim – Jun 30, 2020
Comfortable and good specially his patients I’m really recommend him to anyone.
Evelyn Jimenez – Jun 30, 2020
After finding out that I failed my hearing test for a pre employment, I turned to Dr. Recher. Not only did he provide excellent service, he proved the fact that my hearing was excellent. He kept me in high hopes with my results and I’ve since handed it over to the company I’m pursuing. Thank you so much Doc for being a one of a kind. It’s hard to find a great and friendly person who actually cares nowadays. Highly recommended and I’ll be back again in a year for my yearly audiology exam as referred to by Dr. Recher to always be on the safe zone.
Adrian Ramdenny – Dec 28, 2019
Dr. Recher is one of the kindest, most compassionate doctors and people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. He understood my issue completely, and he was extraordinarily accommodating in fixing it. He takes the time to listen and explain things in a way that shows how much he truly cares; it never, ever has felt like he was rushing us out the door like so many other doctor’s offices do. I would always recommend Dr. Tom!
Jun 11, 2019
Great service
Mar 05, 2019
Dr. Recher is very compassionate, caring and very friendly. He had a lot of patience with my Mother and answers all her questions. I highly recommend Dr. Recher.
Maggy Chalvire in Valley Stream, NY – Feb 03, 2019
Dr Tom is such a wonderful person, doctor and professional! I was a little bit apprehensive to find a doctor to come to my home to see my 97 year old mom but he was so caring and patient that he actually made both of us feel like we'd known him for years. What an extraordinarily compassionate and truly concerned doctor who takes his profession to heart,
Yvonne in Hicksville – Dec 31, 2018
Great
GR in NY – Oct 27, 2018

How was your experience with Thomas Recher?

Now as an Audiologist, it is my mission to empower others with this knowledge, as well as improve the quality of people's lives and relationships by facilitating better...Read more

DR. THOMAS RECHER, AU.D.

I received my doctorate of Audiology through Hofstra University's Long Island Audiology Consortium...

• Audiology