Thomas Query, LPC

Thomas Query, LPC

Psychotherapy  ·
Thomas Query, LPC is a psychotherapist in Decatur, GA. He specializes in psychotherapy, counseling, and more.Read his story

321 W Hill St Ste 2D

Decatur, GA 30030

Learn about Thomas Query

Thomas Query's bio

This content was provided by Thomas Query "A little about me and how I work... I love being a therapist. Seeing people is like reading a series of great books. I was trained by a group of Psychiatrists in 'experiential' psychotherapy. Simply, it means that healing comes through the relationship that is built between the client and the therapist. Trust on both sides is very important. I dialogue and am transparent with people in our work. In my personal life - I am a Father, Friend, Psychotherapist, Photographer, Reluctant Minister, and Retired Magician. I have an adult daughter (whom you see in the photo). I am married to my girlfriend for life. You'll see that we call our work at Wellspring 'Sex-Positive'. All of us have extensive training in sexuality and relationships - of every stripe, flavor and color. There is no judgement. We believe that sexuality is a gift and birthright. We live in a world that mostly sees sexuality through a morally negative lens. This is not the way it is supposed to be. It needs to be a life giving, affirming part of our lives. This is a safe place. I also provide Clinical Supervision for Master's level clinicians who are seeking a professional license as a Counselor. We often have interns here. We are also a fur friendly office. When we meet, you will likely be introduced to my furry companion Poca, who often joins me for sessions. Please advise me if you have any allergies or concerns about animals when we are arranging our time together and I will make arrangements to take care of your needs."

This content was provided by Thomas Query "I am an experienced counselor / therapist with a first hand knowledge of a wide variety of issues, problems and situations.

I am excellent in communication, warm, relational, non-judgmental and direct. I work to hear the issues you are seeking help with. I do not use "psychobabble." I focus on the "here and now" issues you bring and we will explore what has brought you to this place, what you can do and/or what you can be.

I focus on a person's/couple's strengths, not their weaknesses.

I do not hesitate to be direct; however, I am welcoming and sensitive to diversity - particularly in faith and spiritual beliefs; ethnic backgrounds; sexuality; gender; life history choices and family of origin experiences. I wish to create a safe place for you.

I bring a diverse set of skills and experience. I remember what it was like to first seek a counselor. You have to be very brave.

I am very proud to work with the people I do. They are all seeking to be stronger and wiser in their living."

• Psychotherapy
  • Counseling
  • Sex Therapy

Thomas Query does not have any board certifications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Education data for Thomas Query is unavailable at this time.

Thomas Query has no awards or honors listed.

Thomas Query has no media or publications listed.

Thomas Query does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Thomas Query and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Thomas Query's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Thomas Query to family and friends
Are you Thomas Query?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Clinical Psychology