Dr. Thomas Mahan, PHD

Marriage & Family Therapy ·  Male · Age 53

Dr. Mahan

Dr. Thomas Mahan, PHD is a marriage & family therapist in Naperville, IL. He specializes in marriage & family therapy and couples counseling.

Make an appointment

Dr. Mahan accepts

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Dr. Mahan treats your condition or procedure

4.0

Dr. Mahan?
Dr. Mahan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Thomas Mahan, PHD
I’m not really sure how to start: he’s amazingly intuitive, concerned with his couples, and by far the guiding force in my and my GFs relationship. He calls us out when he needed, and he also is in our corner. He’s so accesible. When we’ve a crisis, he’s there day or night I’m not going to go through the ins and outs, but I will say this: There’s no one better for us
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Mahan, PHD?
There should be a ZERO star option. I have NEVER left a negative review on anyone in my life. We received 2 reminders prior to our appointment. We showed up and he was nowhere to be seen. I came home just a little aggravated and stumble on a Yelp review from two months ago and found the exact thing happened to someone else. We also called two phone numbers and got no answer or return call. I guess all the education in the world doesn't buy you common business sense and work ethic. Don't bother!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Mahan, PHD?
My husband and I were having trust issues. I felt he wasn't manipulating my trust so we decided to visit together hoping to save our marriage. I could not have asked for better results! Dr. Mahan helped us through exercises which really helped us understand each other more!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Mahan, PHD?
After asking for a divorce and agreeing to do a few sessions to see if I would think it would help. Sure enough we starting being able to communicate with different tools Dr. Mahan taught us to use. Dr Mahan helped us to be have a relationship in which both of us are content and happy. Its always a good time seeing Dr. Mahan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Mahan, PHD?
My wife and I finally feel like we don't have to hide anymore! after calling Dr Mahan as a last resort he got us in as soon as possible and as little as 12 sessions we had a dramatic change. we have been able to talk about anything with each other and it feels so great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Mahan, PHD?
Unfortunately, I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Mahan and he never showed up! No phone call, no email, no show. Nothing. I hope he's ok, but I would be reluctant to schedule with him again. My wife and I met with him and his services were great, but this was disappointing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Mahan, PHD?
See HIM NOW if ur highest priority z saving ur relationship and / or learning what YOU need to CHANGE if your current or next relationship needs to be satisfying and meaningful for you to feel happy. I met Dr Mahan 12 years ago - then blew a least a decade and, ironically, a least several hundreds of thousands of dollars bc I put a higher value on believing I was saving a few dollars paying a copay for THREE different therapists, a $10,000 retainer b4 going back to Dr Mahan - Happy T-Giving
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Mahan, PHD?
18 years of marriage & 2 failed attempts @ marriage counseling I decided on discernment counseling with him, but had little hope. We did discernment via Skype.Dr M’s leadership, no BS, humor and ability to help me discover I’d do ONLY myself a favor by learning to “do something different,” that led me to choose marriage counseling for six months, then reevaluate. 3 months after marriage counseling we flew him out for a private intensive weekend to keep our progress, that was 3 years ago. Tx u!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Mahan, PHD?
Dr Mahan has been very helpful with my family over many problems -marriage, divorce, life. Highly trained. A genuine expert in his field.. Don,t miss out.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Mahan, PHD?
I think Dr. Mahan really demonstrates what a counsellor should be; My husband and I went for discernment counseling and I had very low hopes of anything positive happening. I was on the fence but my husband was in - Dr. Mahan made us BOTH feel hopeful and heard, and validated. He does not point fingers about who is right/wrong but identifies the pertinent issues and works on how to make the relationship better. We both felt better and he has helped us to really decide our future together.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Mahan, PHD?
Dr Mahan has been working has not only helped my husband and I stop from completely burying the marriage after an affair, but over a period of months helped us heal from the pain of loneliness we had created the years leading up to the affair. We became friends that did not only do, as he said, "the business of marriage and the business of family" well, but we've learned to do, as he'd say, "the relationship of the marriage" well. He has the ability to be remarkably focused and present with e
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Mahan, PHD?
I would truly recommend Dr. Tom and encourage the person/couple whom is afraid, lonely, disillusioned, but hopeful enough that they're searching to find someone they hope can help them get unstuck. Dr. Tom’s goal has always been to collaborate with couples not to just get them unstuck or go back to when it was good, but to have a vision again for what they've not yet dreamed could be possible and to embrace and find joy in that journey, their very life. He helped our relationship immensely!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Mahan, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mahan?