Chiropractic  |
Dr. Thomas Kessinger, DC
When I was really young, I was in a car accident. We did wear seat belts and I was jumping in between the two bucket seats in front of me. This accident caused me a lot of pain. As a child, I had a lot of childhood sicknesses. These sicknesses lead me to many doctor office visits. I experienced a lot of blood draws, diagnostics, and treatments. The doctors were uncertain of the diagnosis, but I responded well to Vitamin B12 shots. I had a lot of sick days in elementary school. I was introduced to Chiropractic and alternative treatments by my medical doctor. These treatments helped me to feel better, get more energy and function better. I was able to get out and have fun again. I started skiing when I was 11 years old. I loved skiing. I wanted to become a ski instructor to pass on all the fun I had. When I was in high school I got that opportunity. My friend and I became a few of the youngest ski instructors at Sundance Ski Resort. I continued skiing and teaching through high school. I took a break from skiing for two years. I went on a mission for my church. Prior to my mission -- in conjunction with high school -- I attended a seminary through my church. I loved studying about Jesus Christ, His mission, and teachings. After learning about Him, I desired to help others. I was called for two years in Brazil as a missionary teaching people about Jesus Christ. It was a highlight of my life. Many of the choices and challenges I have today are overcome by the experience and faith that was built as a missionary. I loved my mission, and I still love learning about Jesus Christ. I studied business management at Brigham Young University. I worked for a hotel, and computer tech company before getting the desire to learn about health. I returned to school, and focused on health, life sciences and the human body. I met my wife. We dated for a year and four months and then were married. The following year after I took her skiing for the first time, she found out she was pregnant. This was my birthday. Although, I was excited. I knew my skiing days were going to decrease -- and especially with her. The following year, with my new daughter and my wife, we set off to Logan University a private school in St. Louis, MO. This changed our lives for ever. During the years at school, I learned so much about the human body: physiology, anatomy, neurology, biology, biochemistry, and more. I learned how to diagnose disease, treat conditions, and help others. I had another child during school, and two more after school. I now have four children. I love my family more than anything. I love being with them. We go camping, hiking, read books, talk, watch movies, eat together and help each other be happy and responsible. Its been great. I enjoy my work and love to work with awesome patients. I worked in Colorado, California, Seattle, and now Vancouver, WA. I've had the chance to work with so many different conditions, and diseases. I have so much experience working with the elderly, and the not so elderly. I love these patients and love to see them get better. There is so much we can offer our patient in our office. I enjoy serving these great people. We specialize in neuropathy, spinal disorders, herniated discs, spinal stenosis, sciatica, bulging discs, lower back pain, neck pain, mid back pain, trigger points, myofascial pain, knee pain, large joint pain, small joint pain, and headaches. We are very good at getting patients back to feeling well so they can enjoy their lives. We help people get out and see the world again. We help them go walk on the beach, drive, enjoy family, travel, do hobbies, cook, clean, garden... Again!

16821 SE McGillivray Blvd Ste 204

Vancouver, WA 98683

• Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Kessinger

I am centered on you, the patient.

There is nothing more important to me than to help you find the proper diagnosis, help you understand the issues, and help you through your treatment options.

I love to take the time to explain your condition and treatment options.  There are so many wonderful treatments and options for patient, but most go undiscovered by the patient.

I believe that it doesn't matter how you get better; but rather, that you get better.

Here's the bottom line, we make sure that there is a team approach to your pain relief.  We offer medical treatments, chiropractic treatments, laser therapy, non-surgical spinal decompression, and other treatments to help you get out of pain and get on with life.

• Chiropractic
  • Chiropractic Spinal Decompression Therapy
  • Orthopedic Chiropractic

Dr. Kessinger does not have any board certifications listed.

• Back Disorders
  • Back Injuries
  • Back Sprain
  • Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis (DISH)
  • Head and Neck Conditions

• Manipulation Adjustment of Back and Neck
  • Physical Examination
  • Spinal Decompression
  • Trigger Point Therapy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

1 Sanction
  • Disciplinary action in another state (8/6/2013)
    Action Taken: Probation Modification Order
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: Washington
1 Board Action
  • Disciplinary action in another state (4/7/2017)
    Action Taken: License Reinstatement without Restrictions
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: Washington

• Brigham Young University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1999
  • Logan College of Chiropractic
    Other Education | Completed 2007

Dr. Kessinger has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kessinger has no media or publications listed.

• Portuguese

Dr. Kessinger does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kessinger and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kessinger's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you Dr. Kessinger?