Dr. Thomas Hainlen, PSY.D

Clinical Psychology •  Male • Age 65

Dr. Hainlen

Arden Woods Psychological Services

900 Long Lake Rd Ste 320 New Brighton, MN 55112

Dr. Thomas Hainlen, PSY.D is a clinical psychologist in New Brighton, MN and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from Rosemead School Of Psychology, Biola University in 1986 and specializes in clinical psychology.

• Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Low wait times Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Dr. Hainlen accepts

Dr. Hainlen accepts the following insurance:

AvMed
Special Needs Plan SNP
Tricare
TriCare for Life
Ucare

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Minnesota

Check if Dr. Hainlen treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Hainlen's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Grief
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress

Dr. Hainlen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hainlen

Dr. Hainlen?
Dr. Hainlen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Thomas Hainlen, PSY.D
Great doctor, would definitely recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hainlen, PSY.D?
A really cool guy and a really great doctor! I cannot recommend him enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hainlen, PSY.D?
I saw Dr. Hainlen for 9 months to address difficulties I was having with anxiety. Dr. Hainlen provided tools for me to navigate the situations and mental health issues I was facing. As a business owner, he has the ability to understand and provide practical guidance. He doesn't just provide "academic" advice. I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hainlen, PSY.D?
I came to Dr. Tom after experiencing physical symptoms related to anxiety that I could no longer ignore. I have been seeing him for approximately a year and have recently stopped because I felt like I didn't need to see him any longer and landed in a good place. After approximately 6 months with him, most, if not all of these physical symptoms were gone and I was able to recognize a lot of the causes for my anxiety and get a lot more honest with myself about my thoughts. The last 6 months that worked with Dr. Tom, I was able to go beyond physical symptoms and address a lot of my anxious thoughts and feelings. He was very good at listening and helping to bring in more reality to my perspective. I would definitely come back and use him again if I felt the need in the future and have already recommended others to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hainlen, PSY.D?
I highly recommend Dr. Hainlen. I had PTSD and he helped me through an extremely difficult time. He is easy to talk to, non judgemental, sincere, honest, and knows how to deal effectively with trauma.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hainlen, PSY.D?
Tom was very easy for me to talk to, very non-judgmental. He gave me many simple tools I could use to improve my situation even as I worked through the more difficult issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hainlen, PSY.D?
Psychologist and Therapist might be official titles, but my experience of Dr. Hainlen was additionally Mentor and Coach. With his expertise, with the direction and work we did in his office and exceptionally timed questions, I have worked through one of the most difficult seasons of life and am on the other side healthier and more confident in who I am and who God made me to be. I cannot more highly recommend meeting with Dr. Hainlen. He has forever leave a positive mark in my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hainlen, PSY.D?
I started seeing Dr. Hainlen 10 years ago after I experienced postpartum depression/anxiety with my 1st child. He was an integral part of my healing process and I have continued to see him as I have dealt with repeated episodes of depression/anxiety and other general life stressors. Dr. Hainlen allows the Lord to use him to help others thru his practical & effective advice & coping techniques. I can’t say enough about how he has touched my life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hainlen, PSY.D?
I have PTSD and have worked with Dr. Hainlen for 6 years. Trauma work has included my experiences growing up in a narcissistic family system, childhood sex abuse, childbirth trauma, and identity issues. Tom has been skilled in teaching me how to manage intrusions. He is a master of PTSD basics, but highly intuitive and sensitive to what works best for me. Results have included fewer cardiac events, better sleep, lower blood pressure, and improved eyesight. He knows how the brain works.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hainlen, PSY.D?
Tom was very helpful to me while I was going through my divorce. He helped me deal with lots of different emotions and really figure out who I was and who I wanted to be going forward. It was very easy to talk with him, he had a way of making me feel comfortable with being honest with what was going on in my life and figuring out how I was going to handle all the changes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hainlen, PSY.D?

How was your experience with Dr. Hainlen?

I am convinced that my job is to assist clients to discover their ability to find healing and resolution.  I work out of understanding of brain functioning which is a part of all thought and activity.  As clients discover how this can be managed they often discover unique pathways which bring them the change they are seeking.

• Clinical Psychology