Dr. Thaddeus Cox, PHD

Dr. Thaddeus Cox, PHD

Counseling  ·
Dr. Thaddeus Cox, PHD is a counselor in Austin, TX. He specializes in counseling and clinical psychology.

8103 Brodie Ln

Austin, TX 78745

Learn about Dr. Cox

This content was provided by Dr. Cox "Whether one seeks relief from anxiety, posttraumatic symptoms, relational impasses, or life disillusionment, therapy can help. It is unfortunate that our current model of healthcare and the cookie-cutter model of therapist-education seem to fail so many clients (especially trauma survivors), who in good faith seek to discover a healing of heart and mind. I view my role as an empathic change agent employed to help bring about a fuller knowledge of self and a more liberated experience of life."

• Counseling
  • Clinical Psychology

Dr. Cox does not have any board certifications listed.

• Addiction
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mood and Adjustment Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Social Phobia

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy
  • Psychodynamic Therapy
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services

• Austin College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2000
  • California Institute Of Integral Studies (Clinical Psycology Doctoral Program)
    Other Education | Completed 2005
  • Northcentral University (Workng Towards PHD In Health Psychology)
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Cox has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Cox does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cox and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cox's Reviews

4.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cox to family and friends

Dr. Cox's Performance

Thad is a caring and empathetic therapist who takes a wholistic approach to helping his patients any way he can. He recommended something for me to checkout on my own outside the mental health area and it totally helped restore my quality of life. He also does EMG (I think it’s called). I only...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
In just a few sessions, what I was saying wasn't heard and I felt like I was being upsold. The facility also does testing and while I went in for counseling, I felt like he wanted to shuffle my into testing which would cost additional fees. This made me uncomfortable as I was trying to tell him...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

I'm really sorry you didn't feel heard or understood, and I sincerely hope you found a therapist that seemed like a better fit. So you know, I have absolutely no financial incentive for suggesting my clients get psychological testing at ACTA, and it's not common for me to suggest, though the results of testing are occasionally helpful to clinical work. Perhaps I thought it might give us both more insight into what's troubling you. No doubt, I mentioned that testing is available elsewhere.

Nearby providers with similar experience

Psychotherapy