Terry Crotinger, MC

Terry Crotinger, MC

Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Terry Crotinger, MC is a counselor in Raton, NM. She specializes in counseling, individual counseling, and more.Read her story

205 Park Ave

Raton, NM 87740

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico
  • Presbyterian Health Plan

Learn about Terry Crotinger

Terry Crotinger's bio

This content was provided by Terry Crotinger "When not in my New Mexico office and helping clients, I work as a PRN/temporary in a mental health inpatient unit in Arizona as a Social Worker, with supervision, under a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC.) Here in New Mexico, my private practice is under my Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC.) As an avid traveler, I explore America's culture and geographical locations. As a result, from East to West and in between, I appreciate the fast pace of the Northeast, the laid-back Mid-West lifestyle, the West Coast/California love for experiences and wholeness and the great Southwestern expanse of dirt, dust and discovery. Born in Montana, but raised in Venezuela, Connecticut and Texas, I take every opportunity to learn something new every day. A helper at heart, my Girl Scout preparedness badge opened my eyes to disasters and personal needs as people tried to pick up the pieces of their homes, neighborhoods and lives. I routinely am called to assist with Critical Incident Stress Management (State and Federal, business and local issues) when an unexpected event occurs. I get to help them pick up the pieces in an emotional sense. My early education of hard knocks was years of being bullied in one of the Texas' largest school districts. It gives me a unique perspective of how emotional blows can have no outward effects, yet cause wounds and scars that take years to heal, or not. I can bring this understanding to my clients, whether as victims or perpetrators—who are often victims themselves. When I had the opportunity to work towards my Master of Counseling degree (University of Phoenix Campus Studies, 1994,) I was a bit hesitant. I am also dyslexic and have several learning disabilities. Earning that diploma was no picnic. Using a special program I devised myself, I was able to retain and retrieve information to help me obtain not only the teaching certifications, but counseling licenses as well. A few fun facts: Because of such varied exposure to many rich cultures, I developed a love for science fiction and filking (sci fi music). Star Trek/sci fi filk is a hobby and I sing at Sci Fi conventions, when possible. Raton has a science fiction group, and I help make that happen. I am a classically trained vocalist and studied at Mary Hardin-Baylor University (BM, 1978) and taught music in public schools for 10 years. I give private vocal and music lessons. Being a teacher, I see ways to link information with fun—the best way to learn! This year (2016) was the launch of the publishing company Bookset & Worthy Media. Our first title rolled out in January: Anger Management A-Z, 26 Life Lessons for your Success. Two tenets I live by: 1. Safety first. 2. Learn something new each day. Okay, three… Be Merry."

This content was provided by Terry Crotinger "I want my clients to be able to accurately evaluate their situations and make good decisions that will be in their best interest. We will explore new skills and personal wisdom so you can be merry, be well."

• Counseling
  • Christian Counseling
  • Couples Counseling
  • Grief and Bereavement
  • Group Counseling
  • Individual Counseling
  • Relationship Counseling
  • Women's Counseling

Terry Crotinger does not have any board certifications listed.

• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Mexico.

• Emdr Institute, Inc.
    Other Education | Completed 2006
  • University Of Mary-Hardin Baylor
    Other Education | Completed
  • University Of Phoenix
    Other Education | Completed 1994

Terry Crotinger has no awards or honors listed.

Terry Crotinger has no media or publications listed.

Terry Crotinger does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Terry Crotinger and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Terry Crotinger's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Terry Crotinger to family and friends
2 total reviews

Terry Crotinger's Performance

Are you Terry Crotinger?

Nearby providers with similar experience