Terrance Moore, MSW

Terrance Moore, MSW

Hypnosis  ·
Terrance Moore, MSW is a hypnosis specialist in Omaha, NE. He specializes in hypnosis, counseling, and more.Read his story

2255 S 132nd St Ste 200

Omaha, NE 68144

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Magellan Health Services

Learn about Terrance Moore

Terrance Moore's bio

This content was provided by Terrance Moore "I grew up near Chicago, and arrived in Omaha to attend Creighton University. There, I double-majored in Sociology and Psychology. I was at Creighton back in the days before a fully-developed Social Work program was in place, but I did complete the Certificate Program in Social Work administered through the Sociology Department. In conjunction with my two major-based departments, I had internships at St. Joe's Center for Mental Health, Nebraska Psychiatric Institute, and Douglas County Social Services. This was so long ago, none of these places exist anymore! After Creighton, I worked with a youth program in Council Bluffs, IA, and was a caseworker for Douglas County's Title XX program. That's the program that helped families in a number of ways, including: subsidized child care so they could get to work knowing their children were safe medical transportation chore services for disabled, aged or blind citizens so they could continue living in their own homes It wasn't long until I realized I needed more than a BA degree to help people they way I hoped to. So, I returned to school at the UNO School of Social Work. I finished my MSW at the end of 1980, after completing internships at Meyer Children's Rehabilitation Institute and Nebraska Psychiatric Institute. The UNMC campus was a great early source for my training! The next three years took me to Kearney, NE for work at the Community Mental Health Center there, and another youth program in Council Bluffs. My work in Kearney was a time that afforded me to receive excellent small group training, supervision, and professional support. After three years of Coordinator of Social Work at Midlands Community Hospital in Papillion, NE, I began my move into private practice psychotherapy. I was affiliated with the Hudson Center for Brief Therapy for about 6 years. During that time, I was able to expand my understanding of Clinical Hypnosis, and did a lot more couples counseling. Just about all of the staff used hypnosis in his or her work, so discussing treatment strategies was easy and routine. Even more remarkable was that one of my colleagues there had studied with Milton Erickson, the founding President of the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis, a fellow by the name of Bill O'Hanlon, MS. Bill was generous with his knowledge of hypnosis and psychotherapy, and I learned a great deal. I served as the Administrative Director of the Center for a period of time, as well. It was during this period of time that I also began seeking additional hypnosis training: the Milton H. Erickson Foundation the Menninger Foundation the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis All of this was a good foundation for helping start a new private practice group in 1993, Associated Counseling Professionals, where I continue to practice today. Over time, we've expanded the range of services we can offer to individuals, couples and families. From somewhat humble beginnings, we've assembled a great group of clinicians - who serve hundreds of people every week. Additionally, I held several positions on the board for the Nebraska Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers, serving as Chapter President 1997-99. Currently, I represent Social Work on the Licensed Mental Health Practitioner Board for the Nebraska State Department of Health. I'm married and have a son. I care for a tortoise-shell tabby cat. Technically, I own the cat, but I'm pretty sure the cat thinks it's the other way around."

This content was provided by Terrance Moore "I offer a results-oriented, collaborative approach. I'll explain everything and answer your questions along the way. My intention is to support you in making decisions and taking action that puts you on a path of better functioning and calmer emotions.

I often use hypnosis in my work. It has a potential of accelerating our work, and focusing the skill-building that you likely want to do. You'll notice that I said 'often' – not always. While hypnosis is a versatile tool, it might not fit every situation. Likewise, not everyone is open to the experience of hypnosis. That's okay! As they say: There's more than one way to cook an egg. And, certainly, there are many other ideas and strategies we can use to advance personal growth."

• Hypnosis
  • Counseling
  • Psychotherapy
  • Social Work

Terrance Moore does not have any board certifications listed.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Individual Therapy
  • Pain Management
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Nebraska.

• Creighton University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1977
  • Nebraska Psychiatric Institute
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1980
  • American Society Of Clinical Hypnosis
    Other Education | Completed 1997
  • University Of Nebraska At Omaha
    Other Education | Completed 1980

Terrance Moore has no awards or honors listed.

Terrance Moore does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Terrance Moore and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Terrance Moore's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Terrance Moore to family and friends
Are you Terrance Moore?

Nearby providers with similar experience

General Surgery