Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW

Dr. Hayes
Telehealth services available

Second Chance Counseling Services

13241 Executive Park Ter Germantown, MD 20874

Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW is a Psychotherapist in Germantown, MD. She has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Hayes to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychotherapists in your area

"As a Licensed Certified Social Worker-Clinical, Substance Abuse Profession and  National Board Certified Clinical Hypnotist, my primary goal is to provide a secure environment in which you will change the quality of..."

- Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check if Dr. Hayes treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Hayes' conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavior Modification
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Eating Disorders
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief
  • Grief Therapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Dr. Hayes accepts

Dr. Hayes accepts the following insurance:

Dr. Hayes' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hayes

Dr. Hayes?
  • Office environment (47)
  • Appointment scheduling (46)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (46)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (1)
My visit with Dr. Terese Hayes was amazing. She was down to earth and helped me and my family through a very dark place and I can never be more thankful enough!!!
Jan 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW?
Being nervous and having the wrong perception of therapy, I’m glad I went in to Second Chance Counseling. My process from the beginning was very comfortable. The gentleman that answered the phone was very informative and helpful which he helped guide me in the right direction. I saw a therapist who really helped me look at what I thought was a really bad situation differently. Have already recommended them to some of my friends and family and will continue to use them when needed
Jan 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW?
Too many canceled appointments. Would reschedule me and either double book or arrived minutes after my appointment began, finishing appointment early, and charging my insurance plan for a full hour.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
Dec 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW?
Terese Hayes , has been nothing but a life saver in my life for over 18 years. I give her more stars than I can add. She saved me.......GOD thank you for putting her in my life.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Davis-Jones – Sep 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW?
Terese is an amazing therapist. She has been very instrumental in helping me through some of the toughest times in my life.
Jul 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW?
Absolutely amazing. She's a great listener and keeps it real (in a professional way) I would definitely go back to Terese if needed.
Dec 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW?
Terese Hayes is a warm and upbeat person who really knows her stuff. She always knows the right questions to ask, or offer the tools I need so that I may see the positive steps that I need to take which are often before me. When I leave her office I felt better to make healthy decisions and set healthy boundaries to move from a place of poor emotional health to good emotional health to make connections with others, and to replace anxiety, and frustration with happiness for the future.
Sharon Bost in Gaithersburg, Maryland – Apr 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW?
Terese has a unique gift and many extraordinary qualities, including her ability to relate with a sense of understanding. There is an instant trust that brings comfort and an ability to be open. Working with Terese is a blessing because she provides explanations and develops treatment plans with realistic and useful coping strategies. Terese will inspire and guide you through your journey, helping you be a better you. I have referred friends, who in the end have had similar opinions.
Brook in Germantown, Maryland – Apr 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW?
I accessed therapy services from Ms Hayes via MC EAP, and she came highly recommended. She made me feel very comfortable from the very beginning, and was able to identify and address my immediate issues very quickly. Her professionalism and expertise in emotional and behavioral issues helped me work on my problems in a healthy and productive manner. Highly Recommend!!
Sonni in Washington, DC – Jun 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW?
Ms. Terese has helped me understand how to recognize then control my anxious times. She listens then offers practical suggestions?. More Importantly - she Cares & you can "feel" the care. That is what works. God bless you Ms. Terese.
Ms. M in Germantown, MD – May 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW?
Mrs.Terese treated me just like a great friend would, never once have I felt out of place. Her positivity taught me that not everything has to be negative. She cares about people and I aspire to be like that.
Gaithersburg, MD – Apr 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW?
Mrs. Terese has been my life coach for the past 2 years, she makes life a lot easier to live in day by day. I recommend 100%!!!
Davenport, FL – Apr 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW?
Terese has been my counselor ever since I was 12 years old. I am now 22 and she has watched me grown. She has helped me get past many dark times in my life. She knows me better than most people. Terese really cares about her patients. She takes time to understand you as an individual. She is truly great.
Diana T in Germantown, MD – Oct 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW?
Previous therapists have provided some opportunities for growth, but Terese has greatly supassed them. She has led me down a path of significant personal growth with a much more positive outlook on my mental health. Both my friends and family have noticed the changes I have gone through. She treats me as a person and not a patient. She has my best interests in mind all the time. I have been working with her for at least a year and a half and I can't see any reason at all to see someone else.
Germantown, MD – Aug 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW?
I have been seeing terese hayes for over a year now and absolutely love her! She is very insightful and is a great listener and gives amazing feedback. I would highly recommend her
Giulia in Germantown, MD – Aug 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW?
Wow! What a crazy year this has been. At times it has felt like my world was crumbling around me, and others the happiest times of my life. I am so thankful to have had you by my side thorough this journey. I would not have made it through without you. You have given me the confidence to know that no matter what, I'm going to be okay, and I need to put me first. Words can't thank you enough for everything.
Allison in Germantown, MD – Aug 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW?
Very understanding environment, where you're treated as a human being and individual.
Germantown, MD – Jul 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW?
Terese is absolutely amazing! She goes above and beyond to work around my busy schedule in order to see me and my wife including coming in on the weekend. Terese has helped tremendously and I trusted her from the start. She is sweet and caring but is also firm and direct when I need her to be. I APPRECIATE YOU TERESE!!
B.P. in Germantown, MD – Jul 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW?
Always reliable, 100% trustworthy, I've been seeing her for four years and have never had any problems at all.
Talia Metoyer in Clarksburg, MD – Jul 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW?
Very professional and caring- really focuses on what is right for the patient and their individual needs/concerns. The facility is very nice, warm and welcoming and private.
Emily F in Clarksburg, MD – Jul 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Terese Hayes, DSW?

How was your experience with Dr. Hayes?

As a Licensed Certified Social Worker-Clinical, Substance Abuse Profession and  National Board Certified Clinical Hypnotist, my primary goal is to...Read more

Dr. Terese Hayes has a DSW (Doctorate of Social Work), MSW (Masters of Social Work) and a BASW (Bachelor of Art in Social Work).  Dr. Hayes began...Read more

• Psychotherapy