Teresa Beemer, MA

CounselingFemaleAge 60

Counseling

Teresa Beemer, MA is a Counselor in Clackamas, OR. Her office accepts new patients.

Teresa Beemer, MA

Teri Beemer, LPC, LMHC, Licensed Counselor/TeleHealth

10121 Se Sunnyside Rd Ste 300 Clackamas, OR 97015

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

"My philosophy is: the people I serve are the center of the care team, and must be in charge of their treatment.

My job is to offer you choices around therapeutic approaches, and to guide you to your trut..."

- Teresa Beemer, MA

No malpractice claims found for Oregon

Check if Teresa Beemer treats your condition or procedure

Teresa Beemer's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Teresa Beemer accepts

Teresa Beemer accepts the following insurance:

HealthyBlue 2.0

Teresa Beemer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Teresa Beemer

2.6

Teresa Beemer

Teri is not like any other therapist I have worked with before. I came to her at a time when I was struggling with personal relationships and unable to recognize my own issues and insecurities. She has a unique approach that isn't just someone sitting and listening to me talk all the time (which I hate), but she will interject and pose questions about my reasoning and thinking. Her direct and honest approach was especially therapeutic when I had lost touch with myself and my identity. I think for some this direct and honest approach might hard to hear and accept, but I really thought it was a breath of fresh air that shook me out of a distorted perception of myself. It allowed me to realize that I was going to be OK, and I can accept and face great change and great challenges in my life.
Sep 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Teresa Beemer, MA?
I met with Teri Beemer a few times and got a really bad vibe from her. I was going through one of the most difficult times in my life and she was really dismissive and callous during our time together. Don't waste your time or money with this person.
Mar 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Teresa Beemer, MA?
Terrible therapist! I saw her for a few sessions for couples counseling with my partner. I've never felt so emotionally unsafe with a therapist--when I described a traumatic experience between myself and my partner, she completely minimized it and sided with him (when anyone who knows anything about therapy knows a therapist isn't supposed to take sides as the point isn't who is RIGHT but about facilitating repair and connection between the couple). I've been to a number of therapists, including couples therapists in training, who were WORLDS better than this one. It was honestly a traumatic experience, and she has no business being in a position of trust with vulnerable people who are seeking help. I was absolutely appalled at her level of unprofessionalism and lack of understanding of basic tenets of her field. Very bad experience. I could easily see her scaring people away from therapy altogether with those who have no other experiences with therapy.
Dec 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Teresa Beemer, MA?
Teri has helped me overcome severe anxiety and family trauma issues. She is the most compassionate, caring, and helpful counselor I've ever met. Ive been seeing her for about three years now, and am so happy I did. I cant imagine living my life the way I used to, always anxious and in fear. After 3 bad sessions with other therapists, Teri helped show me that therapy is helpful. You have to be ready to face the truth of who you are, and what you've experienced. Im so surprised to see anyone leave her a bad review, but maybe you aren't ready just yet to address your issues? This woman sincerely saved my life in a way, I suggest you try another counselor or working on yourself.
May 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Teresa Beemer, MA?
I am very surprised by the previous reviews, as I have had nothing but a great experience with Teri. Since working with Teri, she has become a major support system I’m my life. From the beginning, she was very careful to make sure she could provide the type of help I needed and that her style would be a good fit. I would highly recommend Teri for anyone seeking guidance and relief in their life.
Jan 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Teresa Beemer, MA?
Horrible experience. She belittled me. I am so sorry I ever talked to her.
Dec 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Teresa Beemer, MA?
Teri pushes too hard. Her bullying left me emotionally scarred. The memory of our sessions is still painful and because of her I decided to never seek therapy again. She clumsy, uneducated, inarticulate, and unprofessional.
Dec 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Teresa Beemer, MA?
waited for a consultation with this woman for 6 weeks. one of three queer friendly therapists i could find who have experience w trauma and take my insurance in clark county, portland, hillsboro, and beaverton. i waited 6 weeks and got 10 minutes w her to reject me because she would “scare” me because she’s “too active”. guess she doesn’t want people with social anxiety or people who recognize that they have a lot of borderline tendencies. this was an extremely painful and harmful experience
hurt in OR – Jul 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Teresa Beemer, MA?

How was your experience with Teresa Beemer?

My job is to offer you choices...

I am a Licensed Counselor in Washington and Oregon; providing in person and TeleMentalHealth counseling services to Adults and Families.

I...