Dr. Tara Reynolds, PSY.D

Clinical Psychology ·  Female · Age 34

Dr. Reynolds

Dr. Tara Reynolds, PSY.D is a clinical psychologist in Fairfax, VA and has been practicing for 8 years. She graduated from American School Of Professional Psychology At Argosy University in 2010 and specializes in clinical psychology, counseling, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Reynolds accepts

Dr. Reynolds accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Reynolds treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Reynolds' conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress

Do you find yourself feeling sad or anxious for no particular reason? Do you sometimes wish you had help managing life and all of its challenges? I can help you by providing a compassionate, safe,and non-judgemental place to express your deepest thoughts and feelings and explore options to resolve the problems you are facing.

• Clinical Psychology

3.6

Dr. Reynolds?
Dr. Reynolds' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Tara Reynolds, PSY.D
Therapy is never easy. You have to confront your fears head on, which is terrifying. There were a few times that I seriously considered leaving therapy because it was hard or difficult. Dr. Reynolds got me through those times. She kept reminding me that facing your fears is never an easy task. She urged me not to become complacent, without ever making it feel like it wasn’t my choice. I am still working on getting better, but I wouldn't have made it this far without her help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Reynolds, PSY.D?
Dillegent reviewer of doctors. I noticed this doctor had many more reviews than other therapist in her area. Helpful techniques and compassionate. Good use of time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Reynolds, PSY.D?
Dr. Reynolds was horrible. At my most vulnerable time I finally decided to seek help. After I explained my situation she asked me several questions bombing me with one questions after another, not giving me time to answer me... essentially badgering me.. resulting in me feeling defeated by my problems. Furthermore, she seemed terribly annoyed and angry. I would never reccomendations her to anyone unless you want to leave in tears. Not compassionate. No patience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Reynolds, PSY.D?
I’ve only been seeing Dr. Reynolds for five weeks now, but the positive changes that have come from our short time together have been so impactful. I had been with my previous therapist for almost three years and felt like I needed a new perspective when I reached out to Dr. Reynolds. Within our first session I felt she was more helpful then the combined three years I had spent in therapy. She didn’t just listen and nod like my previous therapist, she actually had great tools and strategies.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Reynolds, PSY.D?
Dr. Reynolds saw my daughter in the Winter of 2017. Her experience with Dr. Reynolds was extremely disappointing. During a session, they touched upon a subject that was very sensitive and traumatic. She was sobbing uncontrollably. Dr.Reynolds proceeds to cut the session short by 20 minutes and tells her “she has somewhere to be” and leaves her (minor ) balling. Parked next to my daughter, she never checks to see if she’s ok to drive. She never calls to check on her. Poor excuse for a PhD l
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Reynolds, PSY.D?
Dr. Reynolds pushed me to the next step in getting the help I need. I was in denial of my current state, and our appointments were very frustrating for me because of that. In the end, Dr. Reynolds put me on the right track to make a change and get me to the happier place I am today. She will certainly hold you accountable for being kind to yourself.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Reynolds, PSY.D?
I have been a patient with Dr. Reynolds for 6 years. In that time, I have seen many healthy and positive changes in my life. From relationships with friends, to my relationship with family members and my husband, I have learned different ways to cope with the daily "stresses" of life. Dr. Reynolds is helpful, understanding, and very easy to talk to. She is accessible, flexible, and always gets back to me promptly. I am so happy her office was the one I walked into.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Reynolds, PSY.D?
I have recommended her two people already, a friend and a co-worker who both have enjoyed working with her. I've been in therapy twice before and Dr. Reynolds is the first therapist that has given me structure and accountability. I've actually been able to make changes and be successful. I find her very easy to talk to, glad I finally found her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Reynolds, PSY.D?
When researching a psychologist who could assist me during my darkest time, I found Dr. Reynolds. She was exactly what I needed when dealing with the tragic loss of a parent, along with personal issues I was enduring. I saw Dr. Reynolds on a weekly basis for about two years and she was my saving grace. I have referred her to family and friends, who equally find her insight and support a blessing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Reynolds, PSY.D?
Known to cancel and reschedule appointments at the last minute and seems more focused on her “role” as a therapist than your concerns/issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Reynolds, PSY.D?
We had our son (a minor) seen by Dr. Reynolds for therapy over a period of time. He had some very traumatic events occur and we contacted Dr. Reynolds for help. In our greatest time of need she tossed the ball. We are past that now and things are better. But, through it all we learned that our son had turned to drugs and alcohol to help him cope (again a minor). We also learned that he had been telling Dr R. about this and she felt no need to let us as parents know which put him in DANGER.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Reynolds, PSY.D?

How was your experience with Dr. Reynolds?