Tammy Labrake, LCSW

Social Work ·  Female

Tammy Labrake

Tammy Labrake, LCSW is a social worker in Latham, NY. She specializes in social work, cognitive & behavioral psychology, and more.

Make an appointment

Tammy Labrake accepts

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Tammy Labrake treats your condition or procedure

Tammy Labrake's conditions and procedures:

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Exposure Therapy
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)

If you're like most people with OCD, you feel like you've wasted a lot of time and have a sense of urgency to get healthy. My job is to peak your anxiety so that you can learn to tolerate it and gain confidence. I'll encourage you to do a lot of hard work. But it is a marathon, not a sprint and so we try to go at your pace.

• Social Work

Tammy Labrake?
Tammy Labrake's Performance
What People Say About Tammy Labrake, LCSW
RecentMost Helpful
Tammy is very unique with her services and has a close relative who suffers from OCD so she knows what we are going through. I suffered from over hand washing, and picking at my skin but thanks to Tammy I don't have to worry anymore. This is a big deal for me since I was diagnosed with OCD since age six when my teacher read a book about germs to me but now, Thanks to Tammy I am free.
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy Labrake, LCSW?
When Tammy says she can help teach you to boss back OCD, that's an understatement!! She taught my 12 year old how to boss it back, face her fears, and reclaim the life OCD has been holding hostage for 7 years! She helped me become a better parent in knowing how to deal with an OCD take over instead of just haphazardly trying things I read about online. A complete life changer in less than 6 months! Thank you Tammy!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy Labrake, LCSW?
I would give a six star rating if I could! I am entirely satisfied with my experience. Tammy is positive, caring and empowering. I would recommend her to anyone looking for an excellent therapist!
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy Labrake, LCSW?
Tammy is a lifesaver. I was in and out of psychiatric wards and hospitals because of OCD, and she worked with me nonstop to learn how to boss it back. I experienced scrupulosity, fear of germs, failure, eating problems, and I never felt understood by any professional prior to working with her. I had dropped out of college and doctors had said cases like mine "just don't get better." But Tammy never gave up on me. Now I'm in college, have studied abroad in Cuba, and am living life to the fullest!
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy Labrake, LCSW?
We met Tammy at a time when I was desperate for help for our son and our family. She was there for us immediately. Responding to emails and texts. Truly caring and involved with our situation. We have continued on under her care and have turned everything around for our son in a very short time. Her understanding and perspective of care in treating OCD is exceptional. I just can't say enough to stress how her care has impacted our lives so amazingly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy Labrake, LCSW?
Tammy has been a savior for me with my debilitating OCD and has become someone I can really count on when I need her. I have NEVER in my life met anyone who responds to your e-mails or phone calls as quickly as she does and she is there for you day/night, willing to help whenever she can. Her approach to treating OCD is the best approach and she forces you to face OCD head on and that's what I need to beat this. I recommend Tammy to anyone who suffers from OCD. She is amazing! Thanks Tammy!
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy Labrake, LCSW?
I would highly recommend Tammy to anyone who suffers from OCD. She has helped me get through a lot of tough times.
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy Labrake, LCSW?
I was having a very difficult time with anxiety/OCD by the time I began seeing Tammy; I wasn't even sure I HAD OCD. From the very first session, Tammy began helping me understand that my worrisome symptoms can be managed; my relief was immeasurable. I had never spoken to anyone as freely as I did/do with Tammy, and that alone is remarkable as years of living with OCD brings with it symptoms most medical professionals do not understand or know how to treat. Do yourself a favor - contact Tammy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy Labrake, LCSW?
She is a true specialist in tackling OCD - she truly teaches you how to Boss It Back!
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy Labrake, LCSW?
I was pregnant with our first baby and I found my anxiety peaking. I was grateful to be able to see Tammy during that time and still find my continuing sessions with her to be incredibly beneficial. Tammy is personable, compassionate and a great listener. She has encouraged me to face my fears in order grow strong and free, I highly recommend her to anyone who struggles with anxiety because she is awesome!
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy Labrake, LCSW?
Tammy's education, training and devotion to clients makes her one of the most effective therapists I have ever worked with. When I began seeing Tammy my level of functioning was far below average, together we worked hard at the best treatment options to reclaim my life. Today I am proud to say that I have achieved many personal goals as the result of her help and approach to therapy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy Labrake, LCSW?

How was your experience with Tammy Labrake?