Tammy LaBrake, MSW

Social Work •  Female • Age 60

None Latham, NY 12110

Tammy LaBrake, MSW is a Social Worker in Latham, NY. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Tammy LaBrake to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Social Workers in your area

See similar Social Workers in Latham

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Tammy LaBrake accepts

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Tammy LaBrake treats your condition or procedure

Tammy LaBrake's conditions and procedures:

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Exposure Therapy
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)

Tammy LaBrake's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Tammy LaBrake

Tammy LaBrake?
My daughter saw Tammy when she was 9 years old. She hasn't been back to therapy in 2 years, but through Tammy I learned that the most important thing I can do as her mom is simply to love her and remind her of her power---to face challenges, lean in to them, resiliently survive through them, and thrive. My daughter was so young when I brought her for therapy for the first time. I was worried it would be over her head, but the seeds were planted. In fact, at age 11, I think she's even better equipped to not just know Tammy's strategies, but apply them. Taking her to see Tammy was, foundationally, one of the best "academic" choices I've ever made for my child. That being said, sometimes even the best owned tools need sharpening from time to time. If that happens, I would not hesitate to call Tammy again. But for now, my daughter's doing a good job of telling "Amy," "I've got this!" Thank you, Tammy! You've made a real difference in our lives.
Jun 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy LaBrake, MSW?
Tammy has been dedicated, caring, and present in my journey with OCD. I'm not the same fearfully paralyzed person I was when I first began visiting her. I'm thankful for how God has helped me to grow and heal, and one of those ways was by using Tammy's patient and kind care. God has used Tammy to help me gain more freedom, peace, and joy as I go through life. I'm still on my journey, yet I have made progress. I can feel happy and smile once again. I appreciate Tammy's desire to equip her patients with practical tools which they can use to go out and live life well with OCD. Also, her almost constant availability for questions and support. She is a very kind and patient person. Thank you, Tammy.
Feb 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy LaBrake, MSW?
My life completely fell apart after a major OCD storm in 2018. I was misdiagnosed, over medicated, and completely lost. Getting referred to Tammy was the best thing that could have happened. While I am still in the process of recovering... Tammy has provided me the tools and skills to be living my life again. She is a great human, cares about you, and while hard sometimes... tells you how it is. If you are struggling with OCD look no further than Tammy. There is so much hope... and in many ways Tammy has helped me find more meaning and happiness in my life than I had before.
Joe – Jan 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy LaBrake, MSW?
Tammy is very unique with her services and has a close relative who suffers from OCD so she knows what we are going through. I suffered from over hand washing, and picking at my skin but thanks to Tammy I don't have to worry anymore. This is a big deal for me since I was diagnosed with OCD since age six when my teacher read a book about germs to me but now, Thanks to Tammy I am free.
Lillian in Voorheesville, NY – Jan 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy LaBrake, MSW?
When Tammy says she can help teach you to boss back OCD, that's an understatement!! She taught my 12 year old how to boss it back, face her fears, and reclaim the life OCD has been holding hostage for 7 years! She helped me become a better parent in knowing how to deal with an OCD take over instead of just haphazardly trying things I read about online. A complete life changer in less than 6 months! Thank you Tammy!!
Valerie C in Albany, NY – Jan 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy LaBrake, MSW?
I would give a six star rating if I could! I am entirely satisfied with my experience. Tammy is positive, caring and empowering. I would recommend her to anyone looking for an excellent therapist!
Delmar, NY – Jun 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy LaBrake, MSW?
Tammy is a lifesaver. I was in and out of psychiatric wards and hospitals because of OCD, and she worked with me nonstop to learn how to boss it back. I experienced scrupulosity, fear of germs, failure, eating problems, and I never felt understood by any professional prior to working with her. I had dropped out of college and doctors had said cases like mine "just don't get better." But Tammy never gave up on me. Now I'm in college, have studied abroad in Cuba, and am living life to the fullest!
Albany, NY – Mar 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy LaBrake, MSW?
We met Tammy at a time when I was desperate for help for our son and our family. She was there for us immediately. Responding to emails and texts. Truly caring and involved with our situation. We have continued on under her care and have turned everything around for our son in a very short time. Her understanding and perspective of care in treating OCD is exceptional. I just can't say enough to stress how her care has impacted our lives so amazingly.
Lisa B. in Schenectady, NY – Jan 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy LaBrake, MSW?
Tammy has been a savior for me with my debilitating OCD and has become someone I can really count on when I need her. I have NEVER in my life met anyone who responds to your e-mails or phone calls as quickly as she does and she is there for you day/night, willing to help whenever she can. Her approach to treating OCD is the best approach and she forces you to face OCD head on and that's what I need to beat this. I recommend Tammy to anyone who suffers from OCD. She is amazing! Thanks Tammy!
Holly – Nov 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy LaBrake, MSW?
I would highly recommend Tammy to anyone who suffers from OCD. She has helped me get through a lot of tough times.
Shamus M in Schoharie, NY – Mar 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy LaBrake, MSW?
I was having a very difficult time with anxiety/OCD by the time I began seeing Tammy; I wasn't even sure I HAD OCD. From the very first session, Tammy began helping me understand that my worrisome symptoms can be managed; my relief was immeasurable. I had never spoken to anyone as freely as I did/do with Tammy, and that alone is remarkable as years of living with OCD brings with it symptoms most medical professionals do not understand or know how to treat. Do yourself a favor - contact Tammy.
SLD in Latham, NY – Feb 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy LaBrake, MSW?
She is a true specialist in tackling OCD - she truly teaches you how to Boss It Back!
Albany, NY – Feb 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy LaBrake, MSW?
I was pregnant with our first baby and I found my anxiety peaking. I was grateful to be able to see Tammy during that time and still find my continuing sessions with her to be incredibly beneficial. Tammy is personable, compassionate and a great listener. She has encouraged me to face my fears in order grow strong and free, I highly recommend her to anyone who struggles with anxiety because she is awesome!
Albany, NY – Feb 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy LaBrake, MSW?
Tammy's education, training and devotion to clients makes her one of the most effective therapists I have ever worked with. When I began seeing Tammy my level of functioning was far below average, together we worked hard at the best treatment options to reclaim my life. Today I am proud to say that I have achieved many personal goals as the result of her help and approach to therapy.
Chrissy in Scotia, NY – Feb 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Tammy LaBrake, MSW?

How was your experience with Tammy LaBrake?

If you're like most people with OCD, you feel like you've wasted a lot of time and have a sense of urgency to get healthy. My job is to peak your anxiety so that you can learn to tolerate it and gain confidence. I'll encourage you to do a lot of hard work. But it is a marathon, not a sprint and so we try to go at your pace.

• Social Work