Tamera Mensink, LMFT

Tamera Mensink, LMFT

Marriage & Family Therapy  ·
Female  ·
Tamera Mensink, LMFT is a marriage & family therapist in Apple Valley, MN and has been practicing for 8 years. She graduated from Adler Inst in 2010 and specializes in marriage & family therapy, counseling, and more.Read her story

7600 143rd St W Ste 300

Apple Valley, MN 55124

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
  • HealthPartners
  • MVP Health Care
  • Ucare

Learn about Tamera Mensink

Tamera Mensink's bio

This content was provided by Tamera Mensink "I graduated from Adler Graduate School in 2010. I am certified as an EMDR therapist, which is my specialty. EMDR therapy is for post-traumatic stress disorder for past physical, emotional and sexual abuse in addition to car accident traumas, birth traumas and veteran traumas. "

This content was provided by Tamera Mensink "I like to hear your stories of love, passion, happiness, strengths and dreams to help you move ahead. I will help you discover deeper life lessons in the situations you have dealt with in the past, so you can let go of the patterns that have kept you from living a fulfilling life. I will also help you map out and trace the origin of your feelings to the source and to discover meaning and significance in past difficulties. Faith and Christ are also a big part of my counseling philosophy."

• Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Christian Counseling
  • Counseling
  • Individual Counseling
  • Psychotherapy

Tamera Mensink does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Therapy
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Minnesota.

• California State University Fullerton
  • Nystrom and Associates
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Adler Inst
    Other Education | Completed 2010

Tamera Mensink has no awards or honors listed.

Tamera Mensink has no media or publications listed.

Tamera Mensink does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Tamera Mensink and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Tamera Mensink's Reviews

3.0
Likelihood of recommending Tamera Mensink to family and friends

Tamera Mensink's Performance

FAIR

Tamera Mensink Says:
"

I have passion with everyone I work with.  I love working with clients and want them to be open with me when issues arise.  If they are not open or do not feel the therapy is working, I am open to this and will change whatever is needed.  I treat every client with the utmost respect and would never break confidentiality.  At times our sessions may go over the time allowed, at which time I would feel it a common

...

Amazing therapist. She has been working off and on with my daughter for over 5 years. She has helped her in so many ways. Very relaxing environmental . I would recommend her to anyone!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option1
Violated my confidentiality in front of me to another client. Took calls, messed with her computer, and went into the waiting room to check in with other clients during our session. Walls to the waiting room were thin. Fighting couple waiting made me feel unsafe. We did not accomplish anything in...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0

Confidentiality is very important to the counseling relationship and would never be violated in my office. I never take calls during therapy. I do the intake on the computer for the first 2 sessions. Therapy is teamwork. I would have been happy to work things out with this client if they would have communicated these issues with me. It is common courtesy for me that if I am running over time with a client I will let the next client that is waiting that I am running a little late.

Nearby providers with similar experience

Counseling