Taffie Bucci, LCSW

Clinical Social Work ·  Female · Age 64

Taffie Bucci

Taffie Bucci, LCSW

425 N Craig St Ste 302 Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Taffie Bucci, LCSW is a clinical social worker in Pittsburgh, PA. She specializes in clinical social work and social work.

Taffie Bucci accepts

Taffie Bucci accepts the following insurance:

Select
Optum Choice
UPMC
UPMC PPO
UPMC Health Plan

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check if Taffie Bucci treats your condition or procedure

• Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Individual Therapy
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Substance Abuse

I am board certified as a Transgender Care Therapist and am also board certified as an EMDR therapist.  My specialties include working with LGBTQ clients and clients who have experienced trauma.

• Clinical Social Work

4.3

Taffie Bucci?
Taffie Bucci's Performance
What People Say About Taffie Bucci, LCSW
She's a hugely compassionate woman who tells you what you need to hear, as opposed to what you want to hear. She always has a way to deal with stuff, while compassion just oozes out of her. I would send anyone to her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Taffie Bucci, LCSW?
As I read through some of the negative reviews of Taffie, I wonder if some reviewers may not have been ready for therapy. I am a lesbian woman with substance abuse issues; Taffie has helped me become more honest, grounded & communicative. Her empathy eased me as soon as I walked in. I know honesty is sometimes painful, & I welcomed her perspective. The work we’ve done with EMDR has freed me to embrace who I am & be more joyful. I highly recommend Taffie to anyone who is ready for growth
×Post a ResponseAre you Taffie Bucci, LCSW?
I would not recommend this Social Worker. She never mentioned, on the phone, that I would need 90 days clean time to be her client. I went to see her, poured out my entire 30 year drug & alcohol history that took 1 hour and was painful, she said "I can't see you, you don't have enough clean time". She basically blamed me for not telling her. If that was one of her rules, she should have mentioned it and not wasted my time. She was aggressive and arrogant in text. Aforementioned are my opinions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Taffie Bucci, LCSW?
Taffie is compassionate and had a knack for meeting me right where I am. She is empathetic yet challenges my false beliefs. Her EMDR skills have unlocked so much healing for me. I highly recommend this highly skilled healer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Taffie Bucci, LCSW?
The first appointment went well. She is kind and compassionate. However, I did not feel as though she tried to listen and understand. She would go on tangents that did not apply to my situation and I felt she was dismissive when I tried to explain that or disagree. It felt like she gives generic advice that is not patient specific.
×Post a ResponseAre you Taffie Bucci, LCSW?
I saw Taffie for a few months while struggling with figuring out who I was after a difficult breakup. She treated me with compassion and kindness. I came out of each session feeling better about my future, and Taffie helped me gain tools to establish healthier boundaries in future relationships and other areas of my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Taffie Bucci, LCSW?
Taffie fulfilled a very critical need in my life when moving to Pittsburgh, someone to listen. My head was full of thoughts that I had no way to control and she did everything she could to let me vent and help me handle them. She has an arsenal of tools in her belt for helping tackle the problems you might be facing but her best is never making you feel uncomfortable, ashamed, or alone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Taffie Bucci, LCSW?
Taffie is a great counselor. She often puts things in perspective for me and reminds me that what I am feeling is normal and valid. I've received advice from her that is helpful in dealing with my anxiety and depression. She will work with you on steps to achieve goals that you express, starting small to make it seem less overwhelming. Taffie is very sweet and supportive!
×Post a ResponseAre you Taffie Bucci, LCSW?
I have recommended Taffie to many friends and family members for counseling. Taffie is genuine, empathetic and consistently supportive to her clients. Taffie creates an atmosphere that provides her clients with comfort and safety. Taffie is continuously keeping up to date with any advances in her field, evidenced by her attending continuing education and certification in specific areas of counseling.
×Post a ResponseAre you Taffie Bucci, LCSW?
My experience with Taffie has been a very positive one. She is supportive and kind, while also pushing me to stretch myself further and confront problems I'd be prone to shy away from. She's very helpful when it comes to reframing things in a manageable and graspable way. She's become a trusted voice of reason and rationality for me. I always leave with something new to think about and work on. I always leave feeling I've gained a better understanding of something I've been struggling with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Taffie Bucci, LCSW?
Taffie is very easy to talk to and made me feel very comfortable. When I was in a time of need after going through a bad experience, Taffie was able to get me in quickly and get me to a level mentally where my stress was relieved and I was able to calm down. Taffie made me feel valued and important and her office was very comfortable and relaxing. I would recommend Taffie to anyone in the LGBT community as well as any person who need to talk to someone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Taffie Bucci, LCSW?
Taffie’s great. I’ve recommended her to several friends who have all benefitted from talking with her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Taffie Bucci, LCSW?
My experience as a patient with Taffie has been top notch. I have struggled to find a counselor who is helpful to me and I finally found that in Taffie. She is practical and logical while being empathetic and listens. She has helped me understand my own responsibility in things while also realizing what is not and has given me good tools to better communicate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Taffie Bucci, LCSW?
Taffi is the first therapist I've seen more than once. She did not at all condescend to me by calling my problems "obvious," nor did she suggest medication during our first interaction. She takes me seriously, which even I have a hard time with. Without judgment, she offers insight into my thought patterns and options as we converse. Taffi is also particularly helpful for me in that she has a strong background dealing with substance abuse and navigating a patriarchal world. tl:dr: Admirable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Taffie Bucci, LCSW?
I struggle severely with anxiety and depression. I've had many therapists and not a single one I liked until I was lucky enough to find Taffie. She is not only an incredible and insightful therapist, she's just a genuinely kind and caring soul. Her sympathy is without a doubt sincere. I have recommended her to many people and we all agree she's the real deal. Taffie is not like other therapists who view you as another number in their books. If you want real help you should absolutely see Taffie.
×Post a ResponseAre you Taffie Bucci, LCSW?
I am a therapist and saw Taffie for therapy. She is very professional and caring, and she creates a safe and healing environment in which to do hard work. I appreciated my time working with Taffie.
×Post a ResponseAre you Taffie Bucci, LCSW?
Taffie has been a lot of help for me and has always had excellent advice for how to manage my problems. Highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Taffie Bucci, LCSW?
I have gone to a couple other therapists and Taffie is the only one that has really cared for my wellbeing. She interacts with me and actually really listens to me. She is so friendly and easy to get along with and has helped me figure out a lot about myself
×Post a ResponseAre you Taffie Bucci, LCSW?
Taffie has been a very down to earth, calm, and effective therapist for me. I have struggled with emotional abuse trauma and an eating disorder whom Renfrew, a eating disorder clinic, referred me to for continuing ongoing treatment after I completed the program. EMDR has been a large part of my treatment and Taffie has been very successful in helping me weed through trauma/mental disruptions with this type of therapy thus far. I would absolutely refer her to anyone needing counseled in this.
×Post a ResponseAre you Taffie Bucci, LCSW?
Taffie has helped me identify and claim my real self. She has been responsive during crisis events and has talked me through some tough times. She is professional, compassionate and highly skilled. I highly recommend her, especially if you are in the transgender community.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Taffie Bucci?