Susan Taterka, MSW

Clinical Social WorkFemaleAge 72

Clinical Social Work

Susan Taterka, MSW is a Clinical Social Worker in Newton, MA. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Susan Taterka, MSW

Susan Taterka, MSW, LICSW, ACSW

216 Waverley Ave Newton, MA 02458
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

"I provide both short and long-term therapy. I am results-oriented. I am a patient advocate who respects my patients' personal and cultural histories, their view of their problems and their ability to develop new sk..."

- Susan Taterka, MSW

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Traditional Therapy – done online

Traditional Therapy – done online

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check if Susan Taterka treats your condition or procedure

• Social Phobia
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Susan Taterka accepts

Susan Taterka accepts the following insurance:

Beacon Health Strategies
Tufts Health Plans
Tufts PPO

Susan Taterka's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Susan Taterka

I worked with Susan for a year+ while navigating caretaking challenges. It seems like she has plenty of experience working with clients in similar situations. I would characterize the role that Susan has played in our relationship as "compassionate ear"—she lets me guide the sessions, and generally provides a validating, rather than critical, perspective, which has helped me be easier on myself as I attempt things with no right or easy solution. She anecdotes from her own life or from other clients' experiences, which early on helped me get to know her as a person. She has also often followed up right after our sessions by sending resources related to challenges I was having—information or services that are applicable and might help me address my situation—which is appreciated and reminds me that in addition to a caring ear she also offers expertise. Susan is kind, reassuring, and encouraging. Sessions with her feel like conversations with a close friend!
Evan – Sep 15, 2022
The Best Therapist Ever
Susan deserves way more than a 5 star review! This woman has gone above and beyond to ensure my mental health is at peace. I have been meeting with Dr. Taterka for a few years now and since then my life has changed for the better. Need a listening ear? She is the one to go to! Want sound/ logical advice? Schedule your next appointment with her! Just dont take up my time with her :) Thank you for always having my best interest!
KC – Jun 30, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Susan Taterka, MSW?
Susan is an excellent therapist . She is empathetic , professional and supportive . I was able to establish trust with Susan very quickly and within a few sessions she helped me see my issues and problems from a different perspective . I was a caregiver for my mother for many years and Susan has expertise and exceptional insight into the challenges faced by caregivers and the extended family . I highly recommend.
MoiM – Jan 09, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Susan Taterka, MSW?
I was pleased to hear back from Susan very quickly about scheduling me for an appointment. I saw how highly she was reviewed and appreciated by her patients and I was therefore excited to start sessions with her. Susan is very empathetic and friendly but her therapy style was not helpful. In response to some of my core concerns and personal issues I was facing she mostly opted to give me personal anecdotes about her other patients who were in completely different situations. I found that usually she was not asking me helpful questions but instead offering loosely related stories about people I had no relation to. It didn't help that she scheduled me for a session once every 3-4 weeks when I was hoping for weekly sessions, as if I was not a priority. To top it all off, in our last session, Susan asked me "how is your relationship with your mom?" I had to gently remind her that my mom is in fact dead, and that processing that grief was one of the main reasons I sought sessions with her.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
Dec 27, 2021
At our initial visit, I provided referrals to the...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Susan Taterka, MSW?
Dr. Susan is really helpful and supportive of me and my relationship with my family. As a lesbian with a challenging family situation, I first reached out to her thinking that she would be a great fit and she IS. Dr. Susan is practical, supportive, helpful, and provided me with some concrete tools to help me and my relationships. I always leave my sessions with her feeling more stable and confident with something new to try. My past experiences with therapy have been a bit traumatic, but Dr. Susan always builds me up and supports me.
Aimee A. – Oct 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Susan Taterka, MSW?
Susan helped me work through a really difficult time. She was always so kind, thoughtful, and helpful. She was extremely easy to talk to, and would always try to make time for you if you needed it. I'm extremely thankful for her guidance and support!
Tyler – Jun 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Susan Taterka, MSW?
I have been seeing Susan for over a year now, she was my first ever experience with a therapist and I cannot begin to explain how lucky I was to find her! It did not take long for Susan to make me feel comfortable, to the point where she helped me make life-changing decisions within our first few sessions. I can say with utmost confidence that I am the happiest I have ever been now, and I would not be in this mindset if it wasn't for Susan's support. I am so appreciative of her warm and compassionate nature, but also of her professionalism and her ability to push me in the right direction. As a therapist Susan has the perfect blend of traits to ensure her clients improve their overall quality of life - which is exactly as it should be!
Inana – Feb 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Susan Taterka, MSW?
Susan is a wonderful and caring listener. She is a great source of help and comfort, I recommend her wholeheartedly for anyone that is looking for a kind, wise, and intuitive therapist.
Anya D – Feb 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Susan Taterka, MSW?
Susan is incredible as a therapist + human being! I saw her over the past 9 months (unfortunately will be moving out of the area next month) and she was so patient, empathetic, and steadfast in helping me realign with the person I am now and who I want to be. During the past few months of COVID she opened her appointments to be held via phone, and it honestly always felt that I was talking through my personal concerns and anxieties with a great mentor. I truly enjoyed my time with Susan, who helped me to see all that I'm capable of-- I was so encouraged in just 2 sessions with her that I began my own small business, which is continuing to grow. And after 2 months of sessions, I gained the confidence to enroll in a graduate program (something I'd procrastinated for 5 years). If you're looking to feel more confident about who you are, learn how to manage daily anxiety, and find peace in the relationships in your life, schedule time with Susan!
anxious artist – Jul 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Susan Taterka, MSW?
Susan is kind, encouraging, has a very positive and gentle nature, and offers life wisdom and a realistic perspective, with professionalism and objectivity. She has helped me move forward through challenging obstacles, and to feel confident in my decisions and choices. She is a valued resource and guide, and I use her advice all the time. I highly recommend her services.
Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Susan Taterka, MSW?
Susan helped me through a year grieving my father's death. She was the first therapist I'd ever seen, and she made it easy to feel comfortable and safe. Susan is an astute and compassionate listener, and she takes great care to empower her patients to work through their issues and understand themselves better while providing support in just the right ways when needed.
Tyler – Jul 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Susan Taterka, MSW?
I have been seeing Susan Taterka for about 4 months now and I appreciate my time that I have spent with her! I am a mental health clinician myself and I would describe Susan as goal-oriented, attentive, and whole-heartedly listens to her client. Susan encourages growth, is incredibly genuine, and is thoughtful of the ways that she can be helpful with an incredible amount of empathy. She is also considerate in how she sets up her office in a way that feels very home-y, comfortable, and welcoming. I would encourage individuals who want to see someone who clearly comes from a background of advocacy and systemic difficulties to see Susan.
Jul 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Susan Taterka, MSW?
As a retired clinical social worker who has been in therapy for twenty years, I finally got the help I needed for my depression and anxiety when I was referred to Susan Taterka. She has been able to help me as no other therapist had. Her positive, caring, warm attitude, her ability to really listen, and her professional skills have created a safe space in which to heal. Susan so clearly prioritizes her patients' improvement. I would refer anyone struggling emotionally to Susan.
Mar 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Susan Taterka, MSW?
Susan is a wonderful therapist with a kind approach. She was able to guide me through a difficult time while allowing me room to figure things out along the way. I would highly recommend her to friends and family alike.
Nov 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Susan Taterka, MSW?
Susan is unbelievably intelligent and a consummate professional. She actually LISTENS and actually CARES about her patients! Her exceptionally friendly and welcoming demeanor makes you feel so comfortable speaking with her! She is extremely conscientious, insightful, and offers solutions to help her patient's resolve their issues. There are not enough accolades to explain how much Susan has helped me! An absolutely AWESOME person AND therapist AND friend! I highly recommend Susan!
Jim G in NEEDHAM – Apr 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Susan Taterka, MSW?
Susan has been a phenomenal help to me! I have worked with her for the last 6 months and am feeling significantly better about the issues I initiated therapy for. I strongly recommend her for her caring nature, experience and empathic abilities.
KimK in Natick, MA – Dec 22, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Susan Taterka, MSW?

How was your experience with Susan Taterka?