Susan Taterka, LICSW

Susan Taterka
Telehealth services available

Susan Taterka, MSW, LICSW, ACSW

216 Waverley Ave Newton, MA 02458

Susan Taterka, LICSW is a Social Worker in Newton, MA. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Susan Taterka to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Social Workers in your area

"I provide both short and long-term therapy. I am results-oriented. I am a patient advocate who respects my patients' personal and cultural histories, their view of their problems and their ability to develop new sk..."

- Susan Taterka, LICSW

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check if Susan Taterka treats your condition or procedure

• Geriatric Assessment
  • Grief
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Social Phobia
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Susan Taterka accepts

Susan Taterka accepts the following insurance:

Beacon Health Strategies
Tufts PPO

Susan Taterka's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Susan Taterka

Susan Taterka
Dr. Susan is really helpful and supportive of me and my relationship with my family. As a lesbian with a challenging family situation, I first reached out to her thinking that she would be a great fit and she IS. Dr. Susan is practical, supportive, helpful, and provided me with some concrete tools to help me and my relationships. I always leave my sessions with her feeling more stable and confident with something new to try. My past experiences with therapy have been a bit traumatic, but Dr. Susan always builds me up and supports me.
Aimee A. – Oct 05, 2021
Susan helped me work through a really difficult time. She was always so kind, thoughtful, and helpful. She was extremely easy to talk to, and would always try to make time for you if you needed it. I'm extremely thankful for her guidance and support!
Tyler – Jun 19, 2021
I have been seeing Susan for over a year now, she was my first ever experience with a therapist and I cannot begin to explain how lucky I was to find her! It did not take long for Susan to make me feel comfortable, to the point where she helped me make life-changing decisions within our first few sessions. I can say with utmost confidence that I am the happiest I have ever been now, and I would not be in this mindset if it wasn't for Susan's support. I am so appreciative of her warm and compassionate nature, but also of her professionalism and her ability to push me in the right direction. As a therapist Susan has the perfect blend of traits to ensure her clients improve their overall quality of life - which is exactly as it should be!
Inana – Feb 23, 2021
Susan is a wonderful and caring listener. She is a great source of help and comfort, I recommend her wholeheartedly for anyone that is looking for a kind, wise, and intuitive therapist.
Anya D – Feb 04, 2021
Susan is incredible as a therapist + human being! I saw her over the past 9 months (unfortunately will be moving out of the area next month) and she was so patient, empathetic, and steadfast in helping me realign with the person I am now and who I want to be. During the past few months of COVID she opened her appointments to be held via phone, and it honestly always felt that I was talking through my personal concerns and anxieties with a great mentor. I truly enjoyed my time with Susan, who helped me to see all that I'm capable of-- I was so encouraged in just 2 sessions with her that I began my own small business, which is continuing to grow. And after 2 months of sessions, I gained the confidence to enroll in a graduate program (something I'd procrastinated for 5 years). If you're looking to feel more confident about who you are, learn how to manage daily anxiety, and find peace in the relationships in your life, schedule time with Susan!
anxious artist – Jul 31, 2020
Susan is kind, encouraging, has a very positive and gentle nature, and offers life wisdom and a realistic perspective, with professionalism and objectivity. She has helped me move forward through challenging obstacles, and to feel confident in my decisions and choices. She is a valued resource and guide, and I use her advice all the time. I highly recommend her services.
Jan 21, 2020
Susan helped me through a year grieving my father's death. She was the first therapist I'd ever seen, and she made it easy to feel comfortable and safe. Susan is an astute and compassionate listener, and she takes great care to empower her patients to work through their issues and understand themselves better while providing support in just the right ways when needed.
Tyler – Jul 19, 2019
I have been seeing Susan Taterka for about 4 months now and I appreciate my time that I have spent with her! I am a mental health clinician myself and I would describe Susan as goal-oriented, attentive, and whole-heartedly listens to her client. Susan encourages growth, is incredibly genuine, and is thoughtful of the ways that she can be helpful with an incredible amount of empathy. She is also considerate in how she sets up her office in a way that feels very home-y, comfortable, and welcoming. I would encourage individuals who want to see someone who clearly comes from a background of advocacy and systemic difficulties to see Susan.
Jul 18, 2019
As a retired clinical social worker who has been in therapy for twenty years, I finally got the help I needed for my depression and anxiety when I was referred to Susan Taterka. She has been able to help me as no other therapist had. Her positive, caring, warm attitude, her ability to really listen, and her professional skills have created a safe space in which to heal. Susan so clearly prioritizes her patients' improvement. I would refer anyone struggling emotionally to Susan.
Mar 08, 2019
Susan is a wonderful therapist with a kind approach. She was able to guide me through a difficult time while allowing me room to figure things out along the way. I would highly recommend her to friends and family alike.
Nov 25, 2018
Susan is unbelievably intelligent and a consummate professional. She actually LISTENS and actually CARES about her patients! Her exceptionally friendly and welcoming demeanor makes you feel so comfortable speaking with her! She is extremely conscientious, insightful, and offers solutions to help her patient's resolve their issues. There are not enough accolades to explain how much Susan has helped me! An absolutely AWESOME person AND therapist AND friend! I highly recommend Susan!
Jim G in NEEDHAM – Apr 16, 2018
Susan has been a phenomenal help to me! I have worked with her for the last 6 months and am feeling significantly better about the issues I initiated therapy for. I strongly recommend her for her caring nature, experience and empathic abilities.
KimK in Natick, MA – Dec 22, 2015

How was your experience with Susan Taterka?

I provide both short and long-term therapy. I am results-oriented. I am a patient advocate who respects my patients' personal and cultural histories, their...Read more

I trained in traditional psychoanalytic theory and practice, family therapy, couples therapy, behavioral therapy, systematic behavior therapy, cognitive...Read more

• Social Work